What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sundance and sweetwater  (Read 16316 times)

bpriesing

sundance and sweetwater
« on: March 15, 2004, 04:12:08 pm »

I have reading this site as a guest for several months.

This weekend we went to a sundance dealer who had both sundance and sweetwater.

I understand these are made by the same manufactorer.  how does sweetwater standup on buys?

Hot Tub Forum

sundance and sweetwater
« on: March 15, 2004, 04:12:08 pm »

twok99

Re: sundance and sweetwater
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 04:53:50 pm »
If you are looking at the "same" manufacturer.  Jacuzzi Premium is made by the same manufacturer as Sundance and Sweetwater.  Sweetwater is definitely the more inferior product.  Jacuzzi and Sundance are somewhat equivalent but different bells and whistles.  Note they all use the Sundance electronics.  The Jacuzzi line J-345 up uses the same electronics as the Sundances the lower Jacuzzi models use the Sweetwater electronics.

floridascott

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 08:10:01 pm »
Sweetwater doesn't have as many "hi-therapy jets" and doesn't use the microfilter like the Sundance. (get what you pay for thingy.... :P

bpriesing

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 04:39:39 pm »
 :)

thanks when we went in ....the salesman kept saying that the sundance was top of the line.....but he was referring to the sweetwater that we were standing next to....   so we thought that this was the sundance line you all were referring to.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 05:06:45 pm »
Think of it this way-

With Sundance you get top of the line quality, with all the bells and whistles.  With Sweetwater you also get good quailty, just not all the latest and greatest.  Sweetwater will be a good, solid, reliable spa, for less money than Sundance.  

There are differences in the jets, and pumps, and electronics.  Also, Sundance has more options for skirting- cedar, redwood, or resin.   And Sundance has more color options for the tub itself.  

You won't go wrong with either Brand.
Brewman

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 09:20:14 pm »
The Sweet water line's jets are "plain jane" in that they don't do many of the things buyers are looking for. The Controls on the sweet water do not allow you to do things like "Lock out children" from changing the settings.  As the prior poster had stated, the Jacuzzi Premium is a good alternative. Less expensive than the Sundance yet it has many of the features. All three (and a few others) are owned by Jacuzzi.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

DalePowell

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 10:32:16 am »
I was just wondering about the comment that the Jacuzzi J-345 and up uses Sundance components, below J-345 uses Sweetwater.

The owners manuals at the Jacuzzi web site seem to split the series into J-355, 365, 375, and 385(04LCDMan.pdf) and J-315, 325, 335, and 345(04LEDMan.pdf).

The 345 is similar to the 375 except it is smaller, has a different (smaller) control panel; and doesn't have the LCD lights.

Can anyone tell me if the J-345 has the same quality components as the higher series? If I'm happy with the comfort of the Spa is there anything else I should be concerned about.

Thank you,

Dale

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 10:32:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42