What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shopping for a Spa from many dealers  (Read 19261 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Shopping for a Spa from many dealers
« on: May 16, 2004, 08:58:54 pm »
When I started shopping for a spa I started with a dealer on Staten Island.I walked in and said does he have any Sundance spas to sell,He gave me a look likE what kind of a Idiot would buy a sundance.But I never checked out any websites and going into his store was my first time at looking for a spa.So he showed me a Emerald 599 for$6000 listed as he said for $8600.Wow what a deal huh,well I did some calling around and went to a Sundance dealer in Bethlehem,I guess the guy sold Cars at one time because he was putting everyone elses brands down and he lied to me that Sundance bought Jacuzzi and i told him it was the other way around,he said nope sundance bought Jacuzzi.Well with that one Lie from the car sales man  opps i mean Spa salesman he lost a sale because USI bought both out.Then over to a place in allentown pa the guy was selling the Diamante and Charisma brand spas.guy did so much talking I could ot understand him.He had a Diamante Supreme with 5 pumps 60 jets 18hp 2 waterfalls for $6000,well i said let me think about it and he said he was having his one day sale and if I bought the spa now I could have got it for $5600 and still I said let me think about it.Then I found This site and wanted a Nice spa without paying $8000 plus so I checked out Jacuzzi brand from a Honest dealer and he gave me Cover steps free delevery and setup and chems for $5995.I bought it on site because the day before I called Harrows the biggest Pool and Spa in New Jersey And New york and the wanted $7200 for the Jacuzzi J-355 so i knew i was saving $1200.So I really think I got a good deal.I remember make sure you get 5 years parts and labor from the company so you don't get screwed. :D Johnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

Shopping for a Spa from many dealers
« on: May 16, 2004, 08:58:54 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Shopping for a Spa from many dealers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 09:31:57 pm »
 ???

Roborph

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 11:06:19 pm »
Hey Johnny,
If you went with jacuzzi. you didn't go wrong. They are one of the top 5 manufacturers and all of their parts and dealerships are top notch. I've had my 370 since november 03 and have had no problems. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 12:21:58 am »
Congratulations Johnny sounds like you got a good deal.
Now enjoy, regards, Zz

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 02:48:12 am »
Congratulations.  It sounds like you did very well.  I am sure you will love your new spa.  In the past few years, there has been much confusion regarding the sundance/jacuzzi ownership and who bought out whom...with good reason.  Jacuzzi did buy out sundance, but the deal kept the sundance company and management intact.  Jacuzzi Premium was created and is built by the sundance people at the sundance plant.  So everybody is correct...somewhat.  You could look at it like this, Jacuzzi bought Sundance, but Sundance bought the spa division.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 08:04:51 pm »
When I was talking to the Jacuzzi Tech department they told me that the sundances and Jacuzzis are made in the same Plant and thats why some things on the jacuzzi says sundance on them.Like the control board might say Sundance on it but its a Jacuzzi Control board with a sundance name on it lol.Confusing it is.Johnny Thunders ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 08:20:32 am »
It is indeed confusing.  Do you think maybe the person you refer to as a liar in your first post was perhaps confused as well?
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 12:12:59 pm »
This happened years ago now.  Sundance was purchased in 1998.  In April 2001, Jacuzzi's portable spa line was taken over by Sundance Spas and a new line of spas was created being Jacuzzi Premium, though they do operate as a separate entity.

I think the old Sundance dealers sort of reject the idea that the company was purchased by Jacuzzi, seeing that Sundance essentially builds all the spas for Jacuzzi, the parent company.  So maybe they kind of twist the truth just a bit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 12:12:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42