What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Man, what's the deal?  (Read 27308 times)

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Man, what's the deal?
« on: May 12, 2004, 05:18:34 pm »
just phoned the local dealer for Coleman and she said she is waiting for a truck to deliver here a bunch of spas.  She then gave me the models that she ordered and all of them have loungers in them.  The D1 dealer is the same way...    Am I making a mistake by not getting a spa with a lounger if they are so successful?  both dealers say they have a hard time moving spas without a lounger so they dont order them.  

Hot Tub Forum

Man, what's the deal?
« on: May 12, 2004, 05:18:34 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Man, what's the deal?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 05:23:23 pm »
Here in California....The dealers tell me that far fewer people who buy thier second spa want the lounger...that more first time buyers want them....For us out here it is not hard to find a spa without a lounger...Have you thought about looking at something other than D-1 or Coleman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 05:23:53 pm »
I sell as many with as without. I would say get what you want, and don't worry about what the dealer chooses to order or not.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 05:26:14 pm »
Have you thought about looking at something other than D-1 or Coleman

Yes, I am looking at the Hotspring Grandee, Caldera Niagra and Sundance Optima.

Hope to wet test the Optima within the next few weeks.  The dealer is 85 miles a way and doesnt currently have the Optima filled with water.  

someoneelse

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 05:27:20 pm »
Ive found that it is really hit or miss when it comes to the lounger.  Either the customer really likes/wants it or the complete opposite.  Stick to your convictions, unless you find a lounger that fits you well and/or utilizes shell design to decrease bouyancy (the biggest complaint with the lounger).  Good Luck, Cam  

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 05:43:08 pm »
Here in California....The dealers tell me that far fewer people who buy thier second spa want the lounger...

the whole lounger thing is confusing...    I see it as something that takes up one whole side of a tub....  I read where in too many instances people float out of them or they dont exactly fit right....   I've read where it's the least used part of the tub.....   and then in the case of the D1 chairman II the side with the lounge would be placed at the front end of a gazebo so that when serviced the panel with all the pumps and such is accessible......  so that means you have to make a very awkward entry into the tub because you are stepping into some weird angles.

Again, am I missing something here?   Dont want to make a decision that I'll regret.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 05:57:06 pm »
As Chas said get the one you want....I think your thinking is right....that they do take up a lot of room and if that is a concern to you than yes....get a non lounger tub....If you have a chance you might want to look at the Marquis Euphoria tub lots of room....many happy owners here on this board and others...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 08:08:39 pm »
Mendocino101 is bang on! Most first time buyers like the idea but rarely do they purchase one the second time around.

Here's the best of both worlds in my opinion. You'll notice the 2 corner seats are what I consider barrier free and allow the user to swing in either direction and make a "lounger" out of them.

Most women can't use loungers when the design lays the user back too far. We all loose 90% of our body weight getting into a spa and distributing that along the entire length and turning the jets on results in floating in most cases.

Regardless of wether or not the spa you purchase has a lounger, make sure that it offers barrier free seating allowing you to stretch out.

Steve

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 09:11:17 pm »
Here's the best of both worlds in my opinion. You'll notice the 2 corner seats are what I consider barrier free and allow the user to swing in either direction and make a "lounger" out of them.

Nice spa Steve..... too bad Beachcomber seems to have no representation in the south.  I did zip code searches throughout the entire state of Louisiana as far West as Houston, Texas and as far East as Mississippi.....  No dealers.  :(

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 10:28:01 pm »
Well what's with that eh? :-/

Shortly we will rule the world... have patience! ;)

Did you determine just how far away the closest dealer is? Whatever it is, it's worth the trip!! ;D

Steve

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 11:17:44 pm »

Nice spa Steve..... too bad Beachcomber seems to have no representation in the south.  I did zip code searches throughout the entire state of Louisiana as far West as Houston, Texas and as far East as Mississippi.....  No dealers.  :(

Things may be changing... I haven't spoken with Steve (on on here for a while) but I am considering becoming a Beachcomber dealer in Charlotte, NC (If I can talk my wife in to the buisiness). Lounger or no lounger is really a personal choice. If your body fat is that of the average american, you can count on floating out of the lounger in nearly every brand. If your a marathon running, you can count on not floating. The simple fact is that you need to wet test each to discover your prefernece.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 07:07:40 am »
Well what's with that eh? :-/

Shortly we will rule the world... have patience! ;)

Did you determine just how far away the closest dealer is? Whatever it is, it's worth the trip!! ;D

Steve

Steve,

I have to disagree!  My closest dealer was listed as the Head Office in Surrey, BC, Canada!  Being in Oklahoma, that would have been some drive!  LOL!  Maybe it would have been worth it, but the trip to Norman was worth it, also!  30 minutes, tops!!!

;)  :-*

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 08:06:42 am »

the whole lounger thing is confusing...    I see it as something that takes up one whole side of a tub....  I read where in too many instances people float out of them or they dont exactly fit right....   I've read where it's the least used part of the tub.....  

Mike,

Perhaps you can use this indecision to your advantage. I understand your dilema, you can a tub without one and he doesn't have one to let you try.  Perhaps he will be willing to make you an extra special deal on one he has with a lounger knowing you don't want it.  I know it doesn't sound too logical recommending you buy something you don't want.  Why buy a new car that has a snow cone maker if your a diabetic right? ;)

But you haven't mentioned how many people you plan on entertaining in your spa. I think most of what you have looked at are 6-7 person.  If under normal circumstances you are having 2-4 people the lounger may be the least used, but it will get used.  As for floating, without suits, floating is not a problem, as far as I've seen.  ;D   I've never wet teste a D1, but many of their loungers I have seen the legs are deeper into the water and the back is a little more uprightt which to me looks like it would help the floating problem. And as far as "some people" float, the tub is mainly for you, see if you float.  As for the fit, many people don't fit in loungers on 7' tubs if they are 6' tall or more.  My tub is an 8 footer and I am 6'2 and find it comfortable.  

Honestly, if I was buying another tub, I might go for the best deal whether it had a lounger or not.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 08:16:01 am »
Regardless of wether or not the spa you purchase has a lounger, make sure that it offers barrier free seating allowing you to stretch out.

Steve

This is a great point by Steve and Dynasty does market most of their models as having barrier free seating and that from our previous tubbing experience made sense.  My wife didn't want to buy a tub with excessively molded seats that confine you to a specific spot. In hindsight she was right (you don't have to tell her I said so Lori!)  If you do take a look at Dynasty's Rennisance 4000 Excalibur, you will see a conventional lounger and a pivot seat on the opposite side that you can flip either way and "lounge" If you flip toward the filter compartment you can also use what is a hip jet as a footjet. This is the way my wife likes to use it.  

And getting back to the barrier free seating, When we have 7 people in our tub it is comfortable, but when it is the more normal two or three of us, we are rarely in an
"assigned seat."
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 08:19:00 am »

Hope to wet test the Optima within the next few weeks.  The dealer is 85 miles a way and doesnt currently have the Optima filled with water.  

How far are you willing to travel?  Every Dynasty Dealer I have seen stocks a good selection of both lounger models and non-lounger models for the reasons so many people here have mentioned.  Unfortunately, the closest dealer to you  is

The Spa Shop
629 Lotus Dr. North
Mandeville
LA, 70471
Phone: 985-626-3847
Fax: 985-626-3467
122 miles away

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 08:19:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42