What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New  With questions  (Read 21961 times)

RileyJ

New  With questions
« on: May 13, 2004, 01:26:57 am »
Hi all... Looking into spa's can be very stressful.  I have looked at the Bullfrog 667 which comes with some added items such as steps cover coverlifter 3 months of chemicals, delivery & setup.... the dealers price is $8400.00 before tax.

1) what have you heard about bullfrog and this tub? Is the Caldera a better spa?

2) Good price?

3) I have had a cement pad installed but the 9'x10'pad is not completely level it's slopes down about an inch maybe a little more" is that going to be a problem? I'm told it has to be completely level. If so any suggestions ?

Thanks appreciate all info.

Hot Tub Forum

New  With questions
« on: May 13, 2004, 01:26:57 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: New  With questions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 08:36:01 am »

3) I have had a cement pad installed but the 9'x10'pad is not completely level it's slopes down about an inch maybe a little more" is that going to be a problem? I'm told it has to be completely level. If so any suggestions ?

Thanks appreciate all info.

Some people will tell you that a pad should slope about that much, but I put mine in level.  If its a problem may depend on the design of your spa.  

On mine, there is a mark on the filter compartment that is the recommended fill mark.   For 2-4 people that mark is perfect.  If I put the full 7 people in the spa the water level rises to the point that the neck jets in one seat are underwater, making them less effective.  In your tub this may cause an overflow. But when I am in the tub by myself they are perfect.  On the other hand, if you will regularly have 1-2 people in your tub some of the higher jets may be exposed which can make a spraying problem.   Having a 1" slope might exagerate this if you put the highest jet on your high side or your neck shoulder jets on the low side.  It might be worth looking at the jet placement when you are shopping and how you position the tub may counter this.

PS, if you end up with a Bull Frog let us know how it goes, they look interesting, but I haven't heard from an owner yet.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 09:52:06 pm »
1) what have you heard about bullfrog and this tub? Is the Caldera a better spa?

I put Caldera ahead of Bullfrog but that's IMO. I don't think the Bullfrog seat changability tact has much usefullmness but some might disagree. I think its important that you wet test both and see which fits/feels best.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Roborph

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 11:13:44 pm »
Hey Riley,
I looked briefly at  bullfrog but liked jacuzzi better. I'm not sure but do bullfrog spas have foot jets? As far as the concrete pad goes, I would put it in level, you don't want one side of your spa higher than the other..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 11:13:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42