What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems with Acrylic tubs?  (Read 23959 times)

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Problems with Acrylic tubs?
« on: May 12, 2004, 12:36:12 pm »
As I stated in the other thread, I visited a D1 dealer and he was really pimping their "ultralife" tub surface.  It certainly seemed durable but definitely boring.  

I have been talking with a Sundance dealer that is about 100 miles from here and she says that whenever they have a Platinum on the showroom they sell it immediately before any other color.  I like the look of the acrylic especially the Platinum and silver in the Sundance line....  other spa manufacturers have similar finishes.

The Sundance dealer did say that if you are anal about water spots that the acrylics will drive you crazy but they are still beautiful.

Can you guys give me your experience with acrylic finishes in regards to longevity, keeping clean, performance, warranty issues, etc.?   Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Problems with Acrylic tubs?
« on: May 12, 2004, 12:36:12 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: Problems with Acrylic tubs?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 01:03:03 pm »
The many different looks to acrylics:

Pearlessence: Look neat clean but hard to keep that way. It also will scratch very easily.

Granite: Durable, easy to clean, scratches are hard to see if you get them.

Marble: Similar to the Pealessence but with the contrast in colors is hides more dirt, scratches…

Personally the granite ones are the way to go.

Whatever type you decide on get one that is fiberglassed backed. That is the strongest way to way them structurally sound.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 01:51:55 pm »
I have a sundance with granite style acrylic.  It always looks great.  The pearlescent would take a little more maintenance and would look better with the led lights.

I am partial to acrylic shells.  If done right, they are very stong and long lasting.  Even if I purchased a hot spring spa, I would opt for their acrylic shell.  Sundance makes a great shell, its one of their strong points.  There are lots of them out there decades old.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 07:10:11 am »
Cajun_Mike,

I have the pearlescent finish on my Vanguard!

Love it!  It may show water spots, but not that bad, in my opinion!  Of course, I'm pretty much the only one who sees it, so it doesn't bother me!!!  LOL!!! ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 09:54:15 pm »
Cajun_Mike,

I have the pearlescent finish on my Vanguard!

Love it!  It may show water spots, but not that bad, in my opinion!  Of course, I'm pretty much the only one who sees it, so it doesn't bother me!!!  LOL!!! ;D

The "metal" colors certainly show spots and scrathces more but as long as its a lighter color (like Pearl) I think it works fine. The darker colored metal shells really show the spots and scratches.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 09:54:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42