What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ThermoSpas Site Evaluation??  (Read 29219 times)

rock45154

ThermoSpas Site Evaluation??
« on: May 11, 2004, 07:22:01 pm »
     My fiance recieved a phone call from ThermoSpas and ended up inviting someone from ThermoSpas over for a free no obligation site evaluation.  What has she done???  I was not home when she did this and I told her that she should have been up front and honest with the sales rep about are intentions and expectations.  She said that she was but I dont think so.  Am I going to have to pull out a shotgun to get this guy to leave or what???

Anybody with any information please respond!!!

Hot Tub Forum

ThermoSpas Site Evaluation??
« on: May 11, 2004, 07:22:01 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: ThermoSpas Site Evaluation??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 08:08:13 am »
Well,  you can bear it out and report back to us with updated Thermospa info.  ;D      From my experience you will get the high pressure pitch and a "good only today" offer.      But if you tell him up front we just started looking and we are going to consider other models he should respect that.    

If you do that, you will get a good key to his character. If he wants to know what brands you are going to look at, then beware.  But if he tells you things to look for in a spa (which will all be things he carries) I might respect him a little more.  

My experience with thermospa was almost 7 years ago when we first started looking, so I'd love to hear an update.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 08:11:49 am »
What she did was to invite a high pressure salesman into your home.  How long he/she stays is up to you.
Just don't be pressured into signing anything.  Whatever great deal is presented to you will be there tomorrow, and the day after that, etc.....
You might be in for an entertaining afternoon.  It will be interesting to hear the pricing on these, so do let us know what you find out.
Brewman
Brewman

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 10:15:57 am »
I would not answer to door. I have heard from a couple of folks that they will work you very hard and try to break you down.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

chaz

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 11:57:09 am »
I agree with WM_.  Can't hurt to see what they and he are all about.  He can't make you sign so don't worry.  Be upfront about looking at other manufacturers and if he starts the high pressure routine just tell him that the feeling you get in terms of how you are going to have a long term relationship with the dealer is very important to you and that the pressure to buy today would only serve to rule him out.   That should get him to back off and say his goodbyes without further pressure. ;)

DTH

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 01:49:11 pm »
If you have an hour to watse it's not all bad. As others have stated they will use it's only good today deal. I didn't sign anything and specefied I wanted to compare other manufactures. I don't remeber the price that was quoted but I received two additional calls from them each time lowering the price. I told them I would not buy without seeing and testing the same model and I was told there were no other Thermospa tubs in the area. Good Luck

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 01:26:45 pm »
Well, at the start of our search for a tub we invited a sales rep from Thermospa and we met him on Saturday January 10th of this year at our house.  Let me share this with you. RUN........ RUN AWAY from that individual and never invite anyone from that company again.  >:(

May sound like I am biased but after spending an hour and a half with one of their sales rep ........ well since some of you asked, here is my story. I'll keep it short!

Ding dong. Open the door and greet the sales rep. Pleasant enough, show him where the tub is going to go.  Very nice he says, invite him to sit down in the living room and offer coffee which he accepted. He spots some literature on the coffee table that are publications from other Hot Tub manufacturers (Sundance, D1, Jacuzzi, Beachcomber, Caldera, and a few others that we had downloaded information on but had not yet visited in a show room. He acknowledges these publications and makes a cursive comment about Thermospas being the leader among all of the hot tubs shown on our coffee table.

The next hour was nothing more than a comparitive presentation of Thermospas' superiority over all of the aforementioned.

At the one hour mark he pulled out some prices on Thermospas but zoned in on one that he highly recommended for us as that model best 'fit our needs'. He continued as he began writing up an offer which consisted of two prices. One that was his special of today and the other which was his regular price on the same sheet.

And that is where it went from bad to worse. The pressure tactics of a sharlatan, (tell you the truth he wasn't even really good at that). No longer was he speaking about the superiority of Thermospa over the others, but rather that he was offering us a unbelievable deal and that it was only available that day and that we needed to provide him with a deposit of 50%. So why delay???

The 'special' was $14825 including taxes, cover, lifter, step, coloured lens???? and some chemicals. Basically he was looking for $7,412.50. I looked at my wife (we had by now read each others mind) and discussed the fact that should we do this we would need to transfer money from our GIC's to our chequing account and that would take a few days so we could not cover the cheque. He thought about this a nano second and informed us that he could sit on the cheque a few days and he would speak to the sales manager about this special situation.

Done deal he thought, so he began to finalize the sales order, when I began asking him about rumors and stories about warranty, production quality, customer support, etc.... to which he responded, and I quote 'we have a no fault bumper to bumper 7 year warranty' and 'whenever a client has a problem, Thermospa is there within 48 hrs'.

I pulled a printout of several websites that had sooooooo many consumer complaints about Thermospas that I lost count and asked him about that. (I had literally downloaded these that morning, thank the spa gods) His explanation, get this, that it was most likely their competitors that were putting up these posts in an attempt to discredit their product.

I thanked him for his time and said that we would think about it but that prior to purchasing a hot tub we would need to wet test his product. He explained that that was impossible as he sold his tubs direct from the manufacturer and that was why he could offer us such a great deal. He twiced tried to interject so that we would commit and he then informed us that if we signed, he would obtain the permission of a owner near us so that we could wet test their Thermospa.  Logic in that???? I responded that that was a little stupid! Like putting the cart before the horse.

We, to his major dissapointment, did not sign. He was quite agressive at the end trying to get us to sign. We never kept track but he did call a number of times to inquire about our decision. I finally told him that we had bought the Sundance Optima, to which he responded 'good luck, you'll need it'.

BTW, if there are any Thermospa owners out there who are happy with their tub, I apologise to you about this post. Anybody else want to take it up with me about my trashing Thermospa, bring it on. IMHO and sales experience, they are absolutely the worst and will not apologise about that.

Would you buy a car without driving it first????????
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 01:37:27 pm by doodoo »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 01:54:18 pm »
Thanks for the story!  Sounds typical for a high pressure sales outfit.  They know that they usually only have one shot at getting a sale, so they are hesitant to leave without a purchase order.  I love how you presented the salesman the list of website complaints on the product.  Hard to defend something like that!

I also love how he was going to get permission for you to sit in some strangers tub.  As if you'd actually invade someone's privacy to that degree.  Or trust that their spa water was kept up.  Ewwww.......
Brewman

Brewman

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 02:20:41 pm »
I can't believe he was hitting you with a $14,000 price and trying to say it was a great deal....My god you could buy 2 quality hot tubs for that much money and still have some money left over for some champagne to celebrate with.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 08:29:08 pm »
Hi..
After reading DOODOO....

It reminds of a company that I was selling home Alarms for.... After training for several weeks to get their pitch down I was sent out.... The maker of the Alarms was a world wide company one of the largest corps in the world.... but I worked for the exclusive SO CAL dealer that had all of SO CAL...But the sales tactics were so lacking in integrity that I walked away after my 1st week....First you had to BE SURE to sit only together when both the wife and husband were at the table and proceed to go over crime stats and all the gory pictures that went with them...all along hinting about how much some alarms could cost.....until the husband would finally ask well what does yours cost....and you were trained to look sqaurely into the eyes of the wife and answer "Sir how much is it worth to you to protect your wife and family"...man the poor husband was done you've just scared the wife and now how can he tell her it cost to much to protect her not want to do it becasue of cost .....Anyway...hummmm why does this appear on the spa board.... because It seems to have many similar sales tactics.... "always a great deal but only today".... bogus front yard signs for "special" discounts.... and the like.... if any of this sound somewhat like Thermo spas presentation than stay away...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 08:29:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42