What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Geneva Utopia  (Read 32707 times)

mmmhmm3

Caldera Geneva Utopia
« on: May 01, 2004, 11:53:05 pm »
We're new to hot tubs and recently began our search.  I appreciate all the advice on this web site, as it's been very helpful for us to make a decision on a spa.

We wet tested a Caldera Geneva Utopia Tub today, very much liked it & felt it met our needs.  The other 2 models we still want to wet test are the Sundance Cameo & Hot Springs Vista, though we've received better engineering comments about the Caldera.  Outside of the comfort of the spa itself, we want to purchase an excellent quality spa that can withstand Chicago year round temps.

Any comments on the above spas?  Has anyone tested all 3?  I've read it's mostly a matter of preference, but interested if anyone knows about the manufacturing quality of the products, though all seem to be good per this web site.

As a side note, the price for the Geneva was $7700, which includes delivery, set up, cover and lift, stairs, products for 3-6 months and a couple other misc. items.  The price seems fair, we liked the dealer, and he is reputable.  Unless we fall in love with the other 2, we feel this one will be hard to beat!

Thanks for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Geneva Utopia
« on: May 01, 2004, 11:53:05 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Caldera Geneva Utopia
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 12:11:03 am »

1) Buy from a reputable major spa maker and Caldera, Sundance and Hot Springs are 3 of the best and always in my top 6. They build spas to last many years. Their warranties are both very good and also they back them unlike many of the bargain brands and even a few of the good size companies who are notorious for not being customer service oriented.

2) Make sure you're comfortable with the dealer. This will be your conduit for issues or help for years to come. It’s often overlooked until someone gets stuck with a dealer who only is interested in the sale and then they realize how much it mattered.

3) Always wet test. You're obviously are on top of this already.

Take you time and you'll feel more comfortable that you've done your homework and made the right choice.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 12:57:43 am »
HI...

I was also very close to going with the Caldera Geneva..But for me after wet testing I found it to leave me itchy...Sundance and Hotsrpings are both fine spas.....Take the time to try them if you can....In the end for me Marquis was a better fit...The price you have seems fair and if you are happy after your wet test than it might the best tub for you..Good Luck.....

Roborph

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 08:24:31 pm »
Hey,
Ditto Menocino comments. However I went with Jacuzzi 370, a great fit for me. The Caldera was my second choice.

cdcooper

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 04:36:57 pm »
We have owned our Geneva Utopia for a little under 1 year and are very happy for the most part.  We had a small problem with one of the head cushions and Watkins (the parent compnay) replaced it with very little effort on our part.

The thing I like the most about the spa is its versatility.  It can go from a very vigorous massage to a very gentle one by just tweaking the air and diverter valves.  This makes it so everyone in the family can enjoy it.  The spa is very quite making conversation fairly easy and it has plenty of room for friends and family if you feel like entertaining.

My only complaint is there is not a lot of places to put your drinks!

I have posted a review for the spa under the review section on this site.  If you have any specific questions feel free to e-mail me directly.

Happy tubbing no matter which spa you select.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 04:36:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42