Original > Hot Tub Forum

best Spa for therapy exercise?

(1/2) > >>

tutyfrty:
My disabled son who lives with my husband and I, has had arthritis since he was 3 years old. He is now 35, and helping us to raise our two grandsons for the last 10 years. As a child he did not walk for 3 years after he came down with Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis, he still suffers from aches and pains and restricted joint movement in all his joints. I have a newly developed slipped disk that affects my  lower limbs with numbness, weakness and  pain, also have bad back pain most of the time. I have come into some money from a Workmans Comp claim and I want to buy the best spa possible for water therapy exercises as well as a good warm soak with great jets, for the benefit of both of us. Looking at the Maxxim by Sundance it seems to be the only spa that I have found that is designed for exercising but it is very expensive. Need a good reasonable priced (not over $5000.00?? hopefully) big spa that will allow us to exercise easily, any suggestions? thanks, Tuty

Shut_Down_Stranger:
Your medical insurance may be able to cover the cost of a spa for therapy. (or at least get you a tax break)

There are spas that are specifically designed for therapy. Dimension 1 makes such a series.

Steve:
Please don't get oversold by some who will tell you that you need large numbers of jets in order for your tub to be therapeutic.

Much of the relief you and your son will receive from a hot tub is heat and buoyancy. I suggest finding a good local dealer that will offer you the support you require without overselling you.

You can find a good quality spa with ample jets that will give you and your son a better quality of life without having to spend huge amounts of money.

"Shut down stranger" also has a good point in regards to an insurance or government program. It would be worth looking into. I do however, disagree strongly that listing any one brand (D1 ??? ) as "more therapeutic" is erroneous wether the website says so or not! I would love to know where that tidbit of info came from? I'm willing to debate that at length.

Good luck and I wish the both of you well.

Steve                              
Beachcomber Hot Tubs

Shut_Down_Stranger:
If you are looking for something that is part spa for health and exercise purposes, Dimension 1 offers the Aquafit Series.

Check the web link below.

http://www.d1spas.com

I am sure there are others that make such spas, but if you are wanting something to exercise in water a "portable spa" or "hot tub" may not be the right thing.  Hey, the beer holders just don't seem to be the right thing.. ;)

Seriously, these spas are larger and deeper to allow workouts. And yes, they are more expensive.

Steve:

--- Quote ---I'm sure there are others that make such spas, but if you are wanting something to exercise in water a "portable spa" or "hot tub" may not be the right thing.
--- End quote ---

Exercise for the type of ailments noted requires fluid, controlled movement in hot water. Any spa offering room and depth will give the user the benefits needed for the type of relief mentioned.

Swim spas have many benefits and are great, but not for all users with an array of injuries or symptoms. Deep, roomy spas aren't necessarily more money as price is usually synonymous with quality more so.

I’m not trying to be argumentative  ::) but just trying to point out that many assume large swim spas or massive numbers of jets and horse power are recommended  for every ailment and it’s not an accurate assumption in most cases and especially when it comes to most forms of arthritis.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version