What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: picking spa color  (Read 29398 times)

DalePowell

picking spa color
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:43:25 pm »
I've heard two different opinions about which colors show dirt (tub ring) the most. I.e dark colors or light colors.

I've also heard opinions that light colors illuminate spa lights the best.

What's the best color choice for both improving light illumination and hiding a ring around the tub?

Thanks,

Dale

Hot Tub Forum

picking spa color
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:43:25 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: picking spa color
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 03:52:15 pm »
A lighter color shell is better if you have L.E.D. lights.

As far the tub ring Seirra/Taupe is the best or hiding that, but if you take care of the water there is not much of a ring. I only have to wipe mine down when I drain it.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 04:55:56 pm »
I've heard that the "pearlescent" colors are very striking for the rainbow lites.  I've also heard that these smooth finishes also are more prone to scratching.
We went with a sandy beige color for ours.  Looks pretty nice with the lighting.  We don't have any problems with rings that an occasional wipe down doesn't handle.
Brewman

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 12:42:58 am »
The white colors reflect the light at night best however shows the most dirt,  A Tub with a rough textured surface does not show scratches, smooth surfaces will show scratches,  the darker colors wear well, your choice.  

I have a sandy taupe colored Hot Tub.

Re LED Lighting:  With dark color tubs it is better to use a 22 - 24 light LED which is much brighter and shows the colors better in dark color tubs.  Many factory offerings have as little as 7 lights which work fine in a white or light colored tub.

I added the LED lighting from an after market source.
The cost of the aftermarket LED was 50% less than what the dealer offered.  $99.00 usd
Installation  is an easy plug and play exercise with most Tubs as long as it uses a 12 volt system without a dimmer.

While not essential I highly recommend this feature as it really adds ambience to the Hot tub at night.  Really Cool.

Zz
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:28:22 am by ZzTop »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 12:42:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42