What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replace the board or the Top side Control  (Read 3192 times)

kc2946

Replace the board or the Top side Control
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:28:53 am »
Ok here's the short of it. Filter cycle never stops running. so what controls the motors, is it in the top side control or is controlled buy the board?

Here's the long of it. ok so spa heats and cycles normally i run it through its system test and comes back fine, the problem is when it is running in filter cycle of a two stage pump and i try to run the high jets the motor makes a LOUD buzz sound for 3 sec and stops. Then starts running the system check cycle again. So i disconnected the filter stage from the board and ran the cycles all worked normally (except for the filter stage its unplugged) then unplugged the high stage and same result. so what it seems to be doing is its never stopping the low cycle when the high is trying to run so telling the motor to run both cycles at the same time. So is the board just a switch board or does it have control functions? Is the top side control what i need to replace? I'm trying not to replace both they are not cheap.

Hot Tub Forum

Replace the board or the Top side Control
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:28:53 am »

ChaiSTi

Re: Replace the board or the Top side Control
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 03:45:45 pm »
This sounds more like a stuck relay for the low speed.  This requires a board replacement.  You could probably send your board out for repair if you're looking to save some money.

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »
Ok here's the short of it. Filter cycle never stops running. so what controls the motors, is it in the top side control or is controlled buy the board?

Here's the long of it. ok so spa heats and cycles normally i run it through its system test and comes back fine, the problem is when it is running in filter cycle of a two stage pump and i try to run the high jets the motor makes a LOUD buzz sound for 3 sec and stops. Then starts running the system check cycle again. So i disconnected the filter stage from the board and ran the cycles all worked normally (except for the filter stage its unplugged) then unplugged the high stage and same result. so what it seems to be doing is its never stopping the low cycle when the high is trying to run so telling the motor to run both cycles at the same time. So is the board just a switch board or does it have control functions? Is the top side control what i need to replace? I'm trying not to replace both they are not cheap.

If the relay is integrated into the circuit board, you will need a new board. From your description the relay is either stuck or welded into the closed position. You do not need a new topside control.

MaRiSpaTech

• Four Season Spas, serving RI & SE Mass
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:13:44 am »
You should be able to have a new relay soldered in, if that is indeed the problem.  I always carry a soldering iron and spare relays with me for such problems.  If you want do it yourself, you can pull out the circuit board and send it out for repair.  There are several places online who specialize in spa PCB repair, and they can test to make sure everything works before sending it back.  A simple relay repair verses buying a whole new board will save you a ton.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:13:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42