What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cleaning cover?  (Read 27474 times)

Saldog

cleaning cover?
« on: May 09, 2004, 10:32:42 pm »
i get cleaning the outside of the cover and use 303 which works great but my question is what to use on the inside of it? where the cover and the tub touch , when i uncover it it has a foul smell to it...only where the cover rests on the tub on the outside...i have tried alot of things but in the spring and summer i always get this smell....any hints on what to use...i have removed the inside stirofoam and cleaned it inside out but keeps coming back....i dry it out often also but with no luck.....water is perfect always......

Hot Tub Forum

cleaning cover?
« on: May 09, 2004, 10:32:42 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: cleaning cover?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 11:41:56 pm »
i get cleaning the outside of the cover and use 303 which works great but my question is what to use on the inside of it? where the cover and the tub touch , when i uncover it it has a foul smell to it...only where the cover rests on the tub on the outside...i have tried alot of things but in the spring and summer i always get this smell....any hints on what to use...i have removed the inside stirofoam and cleaned it inside out but keeps coming back....i dry it out often also but with no luck.....water is perfect always......

Use 303 on the inside of the cover too.  It helps keep mildew from growing, which is probably what your problem is.  Also use a spa blanket which keeps the moisture from getting into the cover as well as helps to insulate the tub.   If you are using a cover lifter, you can velcro it on the opening side and it will fold over with the cover when you open it which makes it easy to handle.  Another idea for storing the spa blanket is to use two plastic potato chip bag closers attached to a wall and simply hang it out of the way when you use the hot tub.  You will find the spa chemicals will eventually rot the spa blanket  which is inexpensive and easy to replace instead of a new Hot Tub cover.
regards, Zz
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:28:59 am by ZzTop »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 11:11:17 am »
You know, I have put floating blankets on my tubs off and on over the years, but I have never had one that kept the bottom of the cover dry.

I would love to find one that does so: it would mean less water on the floor in my showroom.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

chaz

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 11:32:07 am »
Chas,

My dealer recommended I don't cut my blanket down and let it hang over on the ends and sides (not as much).  It does keep the cover much dryer, not totally dry, but moisture builds up on the blanket so I still have water everywhere when I take the cover off to use it.  Have not seen or heard of a way to solve that problem yet, but we'll be wathing for a reply here from the experienced folks.  I am sure someone has a solution.

Chaz

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 11:32:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42