Brand Specific Forums > Marquis Hot Tubs

Marquis Reward..half the jets not working

(1/2) > >>

shmo:
I just purchased a used, 2009 Marquis Reward.

Today, I placed the tub on the new concrete pad, ran my electrical and filled it with water. When I turn it on I am noticing, (and I don't know exactly why), that one whole portion of the tub jets are not working. At first, I thought I had a airlock, but water is flowing from the waterfalls on the low speed setting, and roughly half of the thearapy jets are working when the high speed setting is on. That tells me that the pumps must be primed. I have fiddled with all the airvalves and also confirmed that the jets are turned on. So,I have been scratching my head for hours trying to find something in the owners manual. However, there is not much in there. Could I be missing something that is totally obvious? I don't know where to look in regards to troubleshooting this.

Appreciate any input. Thanks,
SHMO

d00nut:
This sounds stupid, but I know that spa has two jet pumps.  It sounds like one is not on.  That or one of your diverter valves needs to be in a different direction.

shmo:
Both pumps are on, but you were right with the divertor valve. I was able to get a "little" action out of the remaining jets by adjusting the divertor, just right. However, I am really surprised at how little pressure I am getting from them.  :(

SHMO

colo_artist:
I've got a Marquis Wish. The jets have plenty of power.

On the Wish, and probably the Reward, most of the individual jets are adjustable. Turning the collar of the jet one way increases the flow to full, turning it the other way can reduce it to zero flow.

Maybe some of the individual jets have been turned down on yours.

shmo:
I have adjusted all the jets. I replaced the filters, and I also cracked the unions open to assure I didn't have an airlock. I am somewhat stumped. This tub has NOWHERE near  the jet action as my last spa...which was around 25 years old  :-\

I am wondering, with your Marquis Wish, do you get any real jet action with the pump on the first setting? All I am noticing is a little trickle coming from the waterfalls (my tub has 3). Basically, a little circulation and that is about it.

SHMO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version