What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Reward..half the jets not working  (Read 15589 times)

shmo

Marquis Reward..half the jets not working
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:09 pm »
I just purchased a used, 2009 Marquis Reward.

Today, I placed the tub on the new concrete pad, ran my electrical and filled it with water. When I turn it on I am noticing, (and I don't know exactly why), that one whole portion of the tub jets are not working. At first, I thought I had a airlock, but water is flowing from the waterfalls on the low speed setting, and roughly half of the thearapy jets are working when the high speed setting is on. That tells me that the pumps must be primed. I have fiddled with all the airvalves and also confirmed that the jets are turned on. So,I have been scratching my head for hours trying to find something in the owners manual. However, there is not much in there. Could I be missing something that is totally obvious? I don't know where to look in regards to troubleshooting this.

Appreciate any input. Thanks,
SHMO

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Reward..half the jets not working
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:09 pm »

d00nut

Re: Marquis Reward..half the jets not working
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:59:48 am »
This sounds stupid, but I know that spa has two jet pumps.  It sounds like one is not on.  That or one of your diverter valves needs to be in a different direction.

shmo

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 01:48:51 am »
Both pumps are on, but you were right with the divertor valve. I was able to get a "little" action out of the remaining jets by adjusting the divertor, just right. However, I am really surprised at how little pressure I am getting from them.  :(

SHMO

colo_artist

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:36:31 am »
I've got a Marquis Wish. The jets have plenty of power.

On the Wish, and probably the Reward, most of the individual jets are adjustable. Turning the collar of the jet one way increases the flow to full, turning it the other way can reduce it to zero flow.

Maybe some of the individual jets have been turned down on yours.

shmo

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 02:05:19 pm »
I have adjusted all the jets. I replaced the filters, and I also cracked the unions open to assure I didn't have an airlock. I am somewhat stumped. This tub has NOWHERE near  the jet action as my last spa...which was around 25 years old  :-\

I am wondering, with your Marquis Wish, do you get any real jet action with the pump on the first setting? All I am noticing is a little trickle coming from the waterfalls (my tub has 3). Basically, a little circulation and that is about it.

SHMO

ChaiSTi

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 03:25:00 pm »
Don't have experience with this particular model but general the first (low) speed of the pump is weak and will not give you any useful jet action.  It used mainly for heating and filtering. 

Try disassembling the diverter to see if something anything is broken and stuck.

colo_artist

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 02:14:00 pm »
I have adjusted all the jets. I replaced the filters, and I also cracked the unions open to assure I didn't have an airlock. I am somewhat stumped. This tub has NOWHERE near  the jet action as my last spa...which was around 25 years old  :-\

I am wondering, with your Marquis Wish, do you get any real jet action with the pump on the first setting? All I am noticing is a little trickle coming from the waterfalls (my tub has 3). Basically, a little circulation and that is about it.

SHMO

The first setting on the jets is more than enough to get a good stream out of the single waterfall on the Wish. It's also enough to easily break the surface of the water. Here's the Wish with pump 1 running at low with the waterfall turned on all of the way...

Here it is with pump 1 on high...

Here's the Wish with both pump 1 and 2 on low (waterfall off, which is how we usually have it)...

And with both pumps on high...

The high setting on the pumps is forceful enough I can have the diverter set to split upper and lower sections and still get more than enough out of the jets.

Sorry, no clue as to what's going on with yours. You've got the air mixer valves open, right?

I don't get how both pumps and all of the zones could be affected. How could both pumps be broken in such a way as to run at a limited speed? The plumbing is broken up into different zones. How could all of the zones be equally clogged?

About the only things I can think that all of that would have in common are filters and power.

You've cleaned the filters? Tried new filters? Tried it without filters?

I think both the Wish and Reward are 240V only...no 120V option. Are you sure it's getting enough power? Would the thing even run if it was getting way less than 240V? What would happen if it's only getting 120V? I have no idea.

Edit: I just re-read your original post and noticed just a portion of the jets aren't working. So skip all my suppositions about the power or filters.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:51:27 pm by colo_artist »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 02:14:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42