What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying new hot tub and need advice on the "extras."  (Read 3894 times)

smileycanuck

Buying new hot tub and need advice on the "extras."
« on: November 09, 2011, 06:28:21 pm »
HI there, I need some advice on the hot tub we are about to purchase.  We have narrowed it down to either a Jacuzzi J 335 or J 345.  We are wet testing the lounger model tommorow night to make our final decision.  I have read about Jacuzzi's smart seal upgrade for the insulation and I am wondering if it is worth buying.  Also is the extra diverter on the J 345 a plus? and why?

We are getting either tub with Ozone, circ pump (which i think is standard anyway), cover lifter, chemicals, stainless upgrade, delivery for 8350.00 including tax.  Can anyone comment on if this is a good price?  We only have one dealer here to choose from.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!  Thanks ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Buying new hot tub and need advice on the "extras."
« on: November 09, 2011, 06:28:21 pm »

JoeyGianni

Re: Buying new hot tub and need advice on the "extras."
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:23 pm »
To my knowledge that is a reasonable price for those hot tubs.  It is good that you are wet testing though.  Some people just buy off of looks from what I have heard.  It would be like buying a car and not taking it for a test drive.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:01:39 am by JoeyGianni »

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 02:51:11 pm »
I've tried both the 335 and 345, and I hands down like the 345 more.  The extra diverter just means you can dial down/ up the flow of the jets a bit more in the 345, primarily due to it's layout.

I've never been a huge lounger type of guy either, however, I have sat in spas where they get the lounger seat right, and unfortunately, I don't think the 335 is one of them.

wrainka

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 06:05:39 pm »
We first tested the J335 but didn't like the lounger and ended up going with the 345 and really like it.

Not sure where you are but we are in Western Canada and that is about the same price we got with everything except the stainless steel upgrade - which I don't think is an issue as it is only a cosmetic option.

wrainka

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 06:18:36 pm »
I should also mention the the loose filter cover you were concerned about in another post. When we first got our tub and notice the cover lifting we felt that would be an issue and mentioned it to our dealer who said it was nothing to worry about. He advised us to make sure there was enough water in the tub to prevent the cover from lifting.

After having our tub for a year is isn't an issue at all. When the pumps are first turned on the cover lifts a bit if the water level gets a bit low but that is all - it doesn't come off completely or anything like that. We have friends that also have a Jacuzzi and have the same thing happen with their filter cover.

I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker at all.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 06:18:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42