What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: does your jacuzzi filter cover fit properly/squeek/float?  (Read 6156 times)

smileycanuck

does your jacuzzi filter cover fit properly/squeek/float?
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:32:21 pm »
Hi all, we have wet tested the J335 and noticed that the filter cover was loose and squeeking.  This is a deal breaker for us.  Has this happened to anyone else?  The dealer says he has never had a problem.  My hubby jiggled around the dry models in the showroom and they all seemed to fit loose.
Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

does your jacuzzi filter cover fit properly/squeek/float?
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:32:21 pm »

hotter25

Re: does your jacuzzi filter cover fit properly/squeek/float?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:50 am »
I have never seen this.  Generally, they have some sort of mechanism that secures the cover.  However, depending on where you live this might not be the case.  In the midwest, we have some pretty harsh weather both in the spring and fall.  Maybe this is a geographical difference.  Have you considered hot tubs memphis?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:01:32 pm by hotter25 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:11:03 am »
Hi all, we have wet tested the J335 and noticed that the filter cover was loose and squeeking.  This is a deal breaker for us.  Has this happened to anyone else?  The dealer says he has never had a problem.  My hubby jiggled around the dry models in the showroom and they all seemed to fit loose.
Thanks in advance!

They shouldn't be loose and I'd find it annoying too. Per the other response, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the weather has nothing to do with this (more like their manufacturing process needs some tightening).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

smileycanuck

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:26:25 am »
after we wet tested, my hubby went around and jiggled all of the ones in the showroom and only the "big boys" seems to fit tight.  I have read on other sites that people had this problem and one guy had to get creative to stop it as the dealer did nothing.  We didn't end up going with Jacuzzi for this reason and for the lack of cooling off seats.  But their jets win hands down from any tub we tested.  For us, different levels were more important so we ended up going with a coast zenith (for a lot less money).

smileycanuck

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:33:07 pm »
i was referring to the highest series of jacuzzi.  And even then the filter lids did not fit tight.  We saw a used J335 and the filter cover would lift off when the jets started....this one didn't squeak, but the one in the showroom did.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06:57 am »
The highest series Jacuzzi would be the 400 or the LX, and their filter lids are drastically different from the 200 and 300.  I would say it's impossible for either one of those to come loose and "squeak."  As for the 200's and 300's, I would say the squeak is coming down to personal preferences.  Not saying it is not legitimate, but saying that very, very few would find it problematic.

Wuzzat, I can assure you that you really have little to be concerned about.  Out of the hundreds of 200 and 300 Jacuzzi's we have delivered, this is one complaint I haven't come across.  If the filter lid comes out with the jets on, something seriously is not right.  It would most likely mean that the clips are broken, which would be under warranty anyway. 

smileycanuck

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 11:33:48 am »
http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?page=1;md=read;id=1173

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?page=1;md=read;id=9674

This was a great site to find information from real customers that have used the product.  The two urls I posted are the ones that said something about the filter covers.  There are really good reviews of Jacuzzi as well and lots of people are very happy with their purchase, so I wouldn't worry too much like d00nut said!

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:00:00 am »
I have just looked at a picture of this model and the cover looks similar to my J230CD. When i first got my hot tub i thought the same. Now i noticed that the cover moves up and down dependant on the water level. When people are in it the water pours through the filter hole and the cover stays down and fixed. When there are no people in the tub the level is only just over the filter hole. Not enough water can get down into the filter on the clean cycles.. The cover pops up an inch or two and the water goes into the filter under the cover. I suspect other is designed to work this way considering that it is on sliding brackets. Maybe this is why is seems loose.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 07:00:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42