What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J470 Floor Model  (Read 4695 times)

SpaNewcomer

Jacuzzi J470 Floor Model
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:51:53 am »
I have been hot tub shopping for about 4 months now.

The tubs that I have wet tested and were interested in are the Jacuzzi J470, Arctic Summit, Artesian Piper Glen and Sundance Optima. I went in on Tuesday night to buy the Jacuzzi J470 and was told by our dealer that I missed the last order for the year and that they would not put in another order until next March, which would be the 2012 models. I was also told that all the pricing I had was out the window as the free stereo option is no longer available.  However, if I really want a new Jacuzzi J470 they will special order one for me.

I was originally quoted $12,800 tax in for a J470 with stereo, GFI, steps, cover, cover lifter, chemicals and delivery. Seems like a really good deal. Now they cannot be ordered, so he tried to sway me either to the Optima or the floor model. The floor model has been running with water for between 4 – 6 months. We wet tested this one, not sure how many other people have.

The offer on the floor model is $11,800. This is the same as above, with stereo and all the inclusions. My issue is that I am only saving $1,000 to get a used hot tub. The floor model does have some grime on it, especially on the waterfall area. I’m sure this all cleans up quickly. The color is not my first choice, which is Platinum, instead the color is Opal which would be my second choice. I could deal with this.

If I go custom order I pay the total price of $12,700 without stereo. They have a special order fee of $500, which they offered to cut in half to $250. Apparently my tub would be coming up on its own so the delivery cost is much higher for them. This is included in the price.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J470 Floor Model
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:51:53 am »

d00nut

Re: Jacuzzi J470 Floor Model
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 05:13:26 pm »
The warranty does not change whether it is brand new or not.  Being in the care of the dealer, I'd imagine the spa was well taken care of.  To me, $100 is a lot of money, so $1000 in savings for being a little flexible on the color, and maybe a little polish is a no-brainer. 

Realistically, do you like the skirt color?  That is what you will see 95% of the time anyway, I'd focus more on that if you are seriously into aesthetics. 

JoeyGianni

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:57:21 am »
If I were you I would try to bargain down the floor model hot tubs.  After all it is a used hot tub that has been tested by many different people.  It should be selling for less than just $1,000 off a new one.  I think you need to put your bargaining hat on.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:00:48 am by JoeyGianni »

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 02:23:38 pm »
Floor modls can often be bought at great prices. A running model wouldn't concern me at all as the warranty should start upon sale. Where are you located?

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 02:48:12 pm »
If I were you I would try to bargain down the floor model hot tub.  After all it is a used hot tub that has been tested by many different people.  It should be selling for less than just $1,000 off a new one.  I think you need to put your bargaining hat on.

I would 100% disagree with you.  They are definitely not used hot tubs.  I replace the pillows, the filters, and thoroughly clean out the spa before it gets delivered, plus the warranty does not start till sale or install... depending on the brand.  A car dealership does not sell a car that was test driven 10 times as a used car, and same goes for spa dealerships.  I often give discounts for being a floor model, because special ordering is not necessarily an economic alternative.  Especially with freight these days...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 02:48:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42