What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Allergic to Chemicals  (Read 28688 times)

hiker244

  • Guest
Allergic to Chemicals
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:18:30 pm »
Just got our new Sweetwater Bahia a week and a half ago.  Two days ago I did the weekly maintainance then my husband went in the next morning and now he is covered with some form of dermatitis.  I'm thinking the culprit is the Crystal Shock (first chlorine I have used in the hot tub)  I took a water sample up to the dealer and everything was fine except Ca low and Chlorine a little low.   I would like to go to hypoallergenic chemicals- is there such a thing?  also, someone told me to use only Hydrogen peroxide weekly.  ???    Would appreciate any suggestions.   Thanks
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 08:21:04 pm by hiker244 »

Hot Tub Forum

Allergic to Chemicals
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:18:30 pm »

Tman122

  • Ultimate Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4424
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Allergic to Chemicals
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 06:55:55 am »
You could use chlorine after you exit the spa in doses that allow it to dissapate before your next use, down to .5-0 PPM. Then a mineral purifier and ozonater between uses to help maintain clean water. Then your not soaking in "chemicals" as they say because there is a super low reading of chlorine during your soak, more like drinking water, and a higher more effective at killing bacterial level after. THis works for alot of people.
Retired

Lori

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1749
  • Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Allergic to Chemicals
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 07:05:50 am »
That is how I maintain my chlorine!  I have super-sensitive skin (allergic to almost everything) and haven't had a problem since getting my tub in September!  I soak, then put my dichlor in and by the next day it is low enough for me to go in again!!!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Gary

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 746
  • Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: Allergic to Chemicals
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 09:42:39 am »
I see this quite often and most of the time it is because there was not enough chlorine in the water so you get a reaction to bacteria in the water instead the chlorine.

Most of the folks I get to increase their chlorine levels the problem goes away.

Also check with your doctor.

Gary


I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Pooldevil

  • Guest
Re: Allergic to Chemicals
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 06:36:50 am »
Hi
We sell an American product called EcoOne here in the UK and it has helped a lot of people here.
You can also use EcoOne without chlorine or bromine and rely on a non-chlorine shock - a little added after each use ....
Its made by a company called Pacific Sands and you can search this on the net ...
Your problem might well be as Gary said ... not enough chlorine and a bacterial reaction ....
Hope you get sorted out ......

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Allergic to Chemicals
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 06:36:50 am »

 

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42