What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EZ PADs for Jacuzzi  (Read 35707 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« on: May 07, 2004, 02:52:38 pm »
Its hard to find someone at this time of the year to install a 10X14 Slab.So I see others that talk about EZ Pads for the spa.The local guy wants $500 for a 8X8 EZ Pad ...There another store close by that wants $300 for his no name brand,he tell me theres no differance in Pads.Johnny Thunders ???

Hot Tub Forum

EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« on: May 07, 2004, 02:52:38 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 03:04:03 pm »
I'd say get the spec sheet on this other product and compare. Capable PSI load, what the material is made of, any testing results etc... You could also ask the sales rep to refer you to anyone else who has installed this product to get another opinion.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 03:12:06 pm »
I have the EZ pad, and so far it has held up fine, and that includes a Minnesota winter.  It doesn't suprise me that the generic guy says that there is no difference, what else is he going to say?
I think that EZ pad is made by the same company that makes Rhino Liner spray on truck bedliners.  
You can find out for sure how an EZ pad is constructed, and what kind of warranty is offered, by checking out their website.  
Your generic pad could be just as good, or even better, or it could be a lot worse.  I'd make sure it was of good quality- if the pad fails, moving the tub to replace it will be a major pita.  
When you add up all the $$$$ you need to get a spa set up and running, is a couple hundred dollars here or there really that big of a deal?
Brewman
Brewman

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
JUNKRe: EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 04:58:46 pm »
I just called one of New Yorks New Jersey largest Area Pool and Spa Dealers and they where shocked at the Price of $500 for a EZ Pad and the guy told me you can get a concreate pad for that price.He really sounded shocked.I mean i don't think he would lie since they are the biggest pool and spa dealers in New york and jersey and I am sure whoever buys a spa from them thats the pad he would sell.And I am sure since they are the biggest why would a big company sell their new custumers JUNK..The price is $238 for a 8X8.....I think its worth a shot and if it was a small company I would have second thoughts...Thanks to all that helped Johnny Thunders

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
eRe: EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 05:09:47 pm »
Opps one more thing just got off the phone with the people that i bought the spa from and they said $238 is a great price.And they said it should be a good one since he knows the company thats selling it would not sell junk........I think all my worrys are gone .Johnny thunders

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re:  JUNKRe: EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 09:04:53 pm »
I just called one of New Yorks New Jersey largest Area Pool and Spa Dealers and they where shocked at the Price of $500 for a EZ Pad and the guy told me you can get a concreate pad for that price.

Come to think of it, I paid $500 for a 10x10ft by 4" pad, I cleared the area, he formed and poured the cement.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Re:  JUNKRe: EZ PADs for Jacuzzi
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 09:04:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42