What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Maxxus vs. Artic Spas KodiakSE  (Read 84598 times)

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
Re: Sundance Maxxus vs. Artic Spas KodiakSE
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2006, 10:31:46 am »
I know I am Roger!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2006, 10:31:46 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2006, 10:32:10 am »
Anne:

Thanks for the avatar comment.  I thought it was Tigger from Poo.  Either way he is preety cool!

That would be Pooh.  Winne T. Pooh.

Poo is something completey differnt.

Poo from Tigger is something I wouldn't want to step in.

07 Caldera Geneva

Tom

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2006, 10:52:38 am »
Tom we have discussed this before and you know what it is going to take.  I have serviced hundreds of tubs in the last few years, and only one Arctic, it's not because they don't break down, its because there just aren't any around. And untill there are at least a few around for customers to beat on and for me to repair. I just can't give them the respect they may, or may not deserve.  I truly do wish there were hundreds of them around so I could see for myself.

There are 85,000 and counting... we hope there are more coming soon to a dealer near you.  

"Didn't Yugo get an award once for inovation and economical design? And some value star thingy?  (Disclaimer) I am in no way comparing Yugo to Arctic. It's about awards folks."

ROTFL.  Touché!    ;D

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2006, 10:52:54 am »
[/quote]

I can completely eliminate heater use between filter cycles in temperatues down to 0 F. with nothing more than a 75 watt light bulb. and gain the 2-3 degrees back during filtration. So if I time my filter cycles to start an hour before my soak I only have heater use during long soaks on cold cold nights. I can cut down heater use even more during my soak with the pump on high but, I like a quiet soak on low.

[/quote]

Now I don't know this Tman122 from Adam and I haven't been here long enough to "learn" him, nor would I want to, but when he makes a statement about keeping 400 gallons of water hot on a 0 degree night with nothing more than a 75 watt bulb without anyone questioning the absurdity of that comment, well I don't get it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:58:27 am by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

wesj53

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2006, 11:52:43 am »
Yes it is interesting repeat that none of the industry types like Chas, Stevie, pkud, and others let Tman's statement go unchallenged. I've been waiting but alas, nothing. I'm sure the spa world would love to know how this is possible!  Now before Roger jumps down my throat, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think his idea warrants some additional questioning and dialogue.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2006, 12:46:21 pm »
Yes it is interesting repeat that none of the industry types like Chas, Stevie, pkud, and others let Tman's statement go unchallenged. I've been waiting but alas, nothing. I'm sure the spa world would love to know how this is possible!  Now before Roger jumps down my throat, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think his idea warrants some additional questioning and dialogue.

Are you refering to the statement about awards?  If so, my response.

Some awards are valid.  Some are paid for.  Some are political.  Some are a mix. I sat on the NSPI Hot Tub Council and observed and participated in some award giving.  I believe those were valid and political.

A consumer is going to have to figure out for herself what is valid.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wesj53

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2006, 02:48:50 pm »
No, hottubdan, his comment about keeping his spa warm with a light bulb.

anne

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2006, 03:33:57 pm »
 Tman, I have no issue with your opinion of Arctic- opinions are personal, and it is neither my job nor my concern to try to change others' opinions. I dont care if you love or hate the company. But when you made a blanket statement that all consumers who bought a particular product have some sort of superiority complex, then I do get bent out of shape. Dont make assumptions.
Dance like nobody's watching

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2006, 03:39:20 pm »
Good grief!
Brainlocker, I wish I could help you and give you some pertinent info. But, like you I'm still searching/waiting to purchase a tub.

All the people here are very helpful (until the sparring starts)and have taught me alot despite the fact I don't have a tub yet.
Anyway, my interest has peaked regarding Arctic spas.  :-/
I don't think you mentioned price range in your previous posts. But, are the Sundance & Arctic spas you're looking at comparable in price?
I'm only 20-30 minues from Libertyville. I'm wondering if I should confuse myself more and go check them out.
Did you like the dealer?

Skellman

Tom

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Whoops, typo - 84,000 and counting.

Looked for Yugo awards, couldn't find any.   A history of the Yugo here
http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/internet/179/histo02.htm
didn't mention any awards and I couldn't find any elsewhere.

Even if there aren't any Yugo awards, I am still chuckling over Roger's zinger....   :D

Wishing all a good week-end.

Tom

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2006, 03:48:06 pm »
There are 85,000 and counting... we hope there are more coming soon to a dealer near you.  

;D

I haven't checked the website in awhile, but Arctic could do themselves a favor and change their dealer locater to show dealers more than 40 miles away.   I would buy from a dealer who was 45 miles away, but their website doesn't want me to know about them. (I think the actual closest is 100 miles away)

Actually I just tried it again. There is a map feature that lets you look in your state. The first 3 times I tried it, it didn't work, but the 4th times a charm. I see I now have a dealer 80 miles away.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 03:55:01 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2006, 05:12:52 pm »

Then instead of trying to be a shmuck about it, why don't you just ask the man politley? ::)

wesj53

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2006, 06:16:20 pm »
Temper, temper Stevie. As you yourself admitted, you are abrasive! I wonder what your attitude will be in another month when your daylight up there is really short?!

wesj53

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2006, 06:24:01 pm »
Good grief!
All the people here are very helpful (until the sparring starts)and have taught me alot despite the fact I don't have a tub yet.
Anyway, my interest has peaked regarding Arctic spas.  :-/
I don't think you mentioned price range in your previous posts. But, are the Sundance & Arctic spas you're looking at comparable in price?
I'm only 20-30 minues from Libertyville. I'm wondering if I should confuse myself more and go check them out.
Did you like the dealer?

Skellman
Hi skellman; I'm down in the western suburbs and an hour away from L'ville. Obviously I'm glad I went since the Arctic line does have some difference with the other majors. I would suggest you go to wet test and talk with one of the people there. They are all very nice and helpful. It's a very large store and I think they have every model filled so you could spend hours there trying every tub. My wife and I also looked at Sundance (among most of the major mfgs) and found them also to be a credible product; we focused on the Optima. A nice tub at $9500 but we liked the Tundra better and splurged and spent a couple grand more. We are jet freaks which is why our final 2 were the Tundra and the Artesian Piper Glen (check them out as well since they're also in L'ville). Good luck and should you have more specific questions about Arctic or this dealership, PM me. (Some people have short fuses when their name is mentioned.)

Cgy_Spa

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2006, 07:09:03 pm »
Anne:

Thanks for the avatar comment.  I thought it was Tigger from Poo.  Either way he is preety cool!

I thought it was Tigger at first too, which I still would have complimented, but on closer inspection I thought it was Hobbes, as in Calvin and Hobbes, which I sorely miss from my child/teen-hood. My grandma and I used to laugh ourself silly reading those books.

brianlocker- were we any help to you at all? Are you afraid to ask anymore questions? ;) Dont be.

Really sorry for the off topic post, but that is indeed Tigger.

This is Hobbes:

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2006, 07:09:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42