What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Maxxus vs. Artic Spas KodiakSE  (Read 83586 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Sundance Maxxus vs. Artic Spas KodiakSE
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 12:08:27 pm »
Hey Bill- I respectfully suggest that this go to the horse graveyard.  You could bury it right next to the other Arctic Spa dead horses.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 12:08:27 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 12:54:36 pm »
Tman, you come back at me with a part of post.  Like I said I respect your opinions man, its the personal jab two paragraphs above the one you are talking about that bothers me.  That paragraph was fine and factual based on opinion.  But you did jab in the opening paragraph about arctic.  Pretend you didnt all that you want.  Im not running my mouth, I am just showing the facts.

I am done, no more arguing with you its not worth it.  I would accept that I over stepped, however, others are in agreement that you are letting you opinions being over shaddowed by BS comments that are not factual and uneducated. Just my two cents, you dont have to like me, hell I dont even know you so no big deal to me.  Im just asking that you post with some courtesy because ultimately you are looking like those same scummy dealers that you hate when you speak.

anne

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2006, 03:51:46 pm »
Anne part of any manufacturers grading in my eyes is having a long standing reputation for reliability and meeting there custumers and service peoples needs. Many, many companys have proved it over the years. In my book Arctic hasn't yet. Will they? I do not know, can I speculate, yes, they seem to be run by some top notch people so I would say yes. Many companys have come, made a big statement, and then gone. I dout this will happen to them and we will find out. It is one of the things that have kept them from the top of my list. My list may not matter to you or anyone, as it shouldn't because it's mine. So just as you and many others have praised there brand, I to will tout my brand/s. This board is for consumers looking for information, unbiased information. I try and give that.

Um hm, yeah.......that was not the point.....you still did not respond to my challenging this statement of yours:

"However Anne I challange any Arctic owner to admit here that, they purchased believing there tub was nothing more than as good as several other brands. Of course they all think they are superior.

And we here are a tiny tiny fraction of the tub owners out there, most of them could care less and there tubs, no matter what the brand, are just as good and last just as long. But try and get an Arctic owner to realize it. Although I am sure there are those Arctic owners who don't post or visit these forums that say. "Arctic Smarctic who cares it's just a box of hot water" "

That is just a rude, silly, false thing to say.

Brewman is right- to the graveyard, please. HottubDan was right- HOW IS THIS HELPFUL NOW????? Sure, I'm still contributing too, but it is because I am still waiting for you to be able to support your rediculous statement.

Dance like nobody's watching

Tom

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 07:06:25 pm »
Anne part of any manufacturers grading in my eyes is having a long standing reputation for reliability and meeting there custumers and service peoples needs. Many, many companys have proved it over the years. In my book Arctic hasn't yet.
Geez, Roger, you are one tough hombre to please!      :D

Lessee, Arctic Spas has been in business for 12 years, with numerous awards -- Canada's 50 Best Managed, Entrepreneur of the Year, 5 consecutive years in the Profit 100 list of Canada's fastest-growing companies, two International Business Awards, three product design awards, two IT awards, (and a patent in a pear tree, da-da dum!...check our site for the full list) -- three factories, five international distributors, dang near 250 dealers worldwide....

We think we've safely passed the "fly by night" stage. But in your book, Arctic hasn't made it yet?  Wow!  What's it gonna take?   :o

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 07:20:57 pm »
well put gray beard

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 08:58:22 pm »
Thanks Tom for that response. I'm telling you, some in the establishment just don't like change!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 03:26:45 pm »
Anne part of any manufacturers grading in my eyes is having a long standing reputation for reliability and meeting there custumers and service peoples needs. Many, many companys have proved it over the years. In my book Arctic hasn't yet.
Geez, Roger, you are one tough hombre to please!      :D

Lessee, Arctic Spas has been in business for 12 years, with numerous awards -- Canada's 50 Best Managed, Entrepreneur of the Year, 5 consecutive years in the Profit 100 list of Canada's fastest-growing companies, two International Business Awards, three product design awards, two IT awards, (and a patent in a pear tree, da-da dum!...check our site for the full list) -- three factories, five international distributors, dang near 250 dealers worldwide....

We think we've safely passed the "fly by night" stage. But in your book, Arctic hasn't made it yet?  Wow!  What's it gonna take?   :o

Tom we have discussed this before and you know what it is going to take. You know as well as I do my attitude towards awards given to any one for anything. I am a hands on kinda guy and I have serviced hundreds of tubs in the last few years, and only one Arctic, it's not because they don't break down, its because there just aren't any around. And untill there are at least a few around for customers to beat on and for me to repair. I just can't give them the respect they may, or may not deserve.

I truly do wish there were hundreds of them around so I could see for myself. But untill that time I am not going to take the opinion of some guy (or girl) who has owned there tub for less than a year and use it to form my opinion of the manufacturer, that would be just plain dumb..

Didn't Yugo get an award once for inovation and economical design? And some value star thingy?

(Dissclaimer) I am in no way comparing Yugo to Arctic. It's about awards folks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:29:27 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

wesj53

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 05:13:59 pm »
Hey Roger, hope you're having a nice day! I won't be a "virgin" much longer as my Tundra is up and running and currently registering 75 degrees so tonight will be THE night! My wife and older son will be accompanying me on the "maiden voyage"!

Roger, even though you aggravate me at times, I still consider you to be a decent guy. Stubborn, but decent! I wish there were more Arctics up your way, but then what is up your way besides wild animals? (just kidding for those non-humorous types). Their lack of dealers (compared to HS, DI, Sundance) is probably the reason guys like you are still skeptical. Heck, here in metro Chicago, there is only ONE dealer and I had to travel an hour just to wet test! I think of how many more they could sell if they had greater distribution (since most buyers aren't as crazy as me to make the extra effort).

So I do understand your position and your points are well taken. By the way, were you born or raised in Missouri (the Show Me state)?

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2006, 05:25:02 pm »
Anne:

Thanks for the avatar comment.  I thought it was Tigger from Poo.  Either way he is preety cool!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:25:44 pm by Campsalot »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2006, 05:42:34 pm »
Tundra is up and running and currently registering 75 degrees so tonight will be THE night!
How about some pics of your setup?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

wesj53

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2006, 05:55:18 pm »
Hey rider how are you doing? I feel great considering my time is almost here! I was planning on getting pics on the site this weekend or early next week when I plan on having all my stone work completed. Then you can all see what a unit sitting on just stones will look like once the landscaping is done (except for bushes of course). It's going to look a lot different than yours since my existing patio didn't lend itself to my putting it there. Thanks for your interest.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2006, 07:53:06 pm »
Tundra is up and running and currently registering 75 degrees so tonight will be THE night!
How about some pics of your setup?

Yes wes some photos please. And I do take what you said as a compliment. I to have grown to respect your opinion also, as I do for anyone who can at the very least keep up with my point of view. Believe it or not, ours aren't that much different (point of views I mean). But the one thing we do differ in is the fact that I don't think the differences between one brand you may have chose and another that you didn't choose are enough to make any difference what-so-ever to the standerd consumer, I however think that my way and my design is even better than Arctic or anyones for that matter. But I am way to old in my career to start a new.
 I can completely eliminate heater use between filter cycles in temperatues down to 0 F. with nothing more than a 75 watt light bulb. and gain the 2-3 degrees back during filtration. So if I time my filter cycles to start an hour before my soak I only have heater use during long soaks on cold cold nights. I can cut down heater use even more during my soak with the pump on high but, I like a quiet soak on low.

So any way, I see you have learned me and I have learned you and mybe a common ground can be acheived as long as you shut up about Arctic  ;D
Retired

anne

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2006, 09:39:47 pm »
Anne:

Thanks for the avatar comment.  I thought it was Tigger from Poo.  Either way he is preety cool!

I thought it was Tigger at first too, which I still would have complimented, but on closer inspection I thought it was Hobbes, as in Calvin and Hobbes, which I sorely miss from my child/teen-hood. My grandma and I used to laugh ourself silly reading those books.

brianlocker- were we any help to you at all? Are you afraid to ask anymore questions? ;) Dont be.

anne

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2006, 09:45:34 pm »
I however think that my way and my design is even better than Arctic or anyones for that matter.

I cant help myself.....I'm sorry, this is popping out and I have no control over it....

So if you think your design is better than Arctic "or anyone" why do you pick on Arctic?  ;D ;) ;D ;)

(I really dont expect an answer. I just needed to be a little cheeky since you never answered my other question.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 09:46:02 pm by anne »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 05:40:21 am »
I however think that my way and my design is even better than Arctic or anyones for that matter.

I cant help myself.....I'm sorry, this is popping out and I have no control over it....

So if you think your design is better than Arctic "or anyone" why do you pick on Arctic?  ;D ;) ;D ;)

(I really dont expect an answer. I just needed to be a little cheeky since you never answered my other question.)

I don't think I need to answer your question Anne. I think the answer you are looking for is all over in these posts, look very closely. I try hard to not be to far over peoples heads as sometimes the confusion created by my out there responses (which have alterior motives) put alot of people into confusion. What did you call it "jaded" well I have been called worse that's for sure!! In our never ending effort to improve ourselfs this mediom could be the best place to make contacts with people who may or may not utilize something we feel may be of benifit. But in order for that to happen a statement needs to be made.

Your probably more confused now sorry.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 05:40:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42