What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions about Arctic Spas  (Read 105368 times)

Summitman

Re: Questions about Arctic Spas
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2008, 05:04:29 pm »
SO the vented panels are just for looks? ;

The louvered doors are available for the Arctic Spa for extreme conditions.  Usually the normal trick of a tennis ball under the cover will take care of any excessive heat.  I guess since Arctic is the only manufacturer that offers the louvered door it makes it a bad thing.  Must mean that the Forever Floor is a bad thing too since they are one of the only ones who offer it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2008, 05:04:29 pm »

Summitman

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2008, 05:05:34 pm »
ps, still only registering 102 degrees inside the cabinet.  No 250 degrees yet.

Summitman

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2008, 05:16:35 pm »

[glow]My point is it gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. [/glow]

Dangit, I was hoping I could use my Arctic Spa tonite but since its supposed to be cold I better hold off.  :'( :'( :'(

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2008, 06:00:25 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Sawman, let it go already and go do something productive. Why don’t you go feed Lakota??!!

I've really been trying to stay on point and talk logical however it kinda ticks me off that your obviously talking to my son-in-law who competes against me down the street and trying to get info on us.

The part that ticks me off is that while he's feeding you info to throw jabs I'm not here to answer because I'm to busy trying to help him and my daughter get into their first house. Doesn't it seem ironic that he would even dare to feed you info about me while I've never stopped trying to be a help in his personal life?

This is just one more negative thing in a long line of aggressive, abusive and nasty emails, calls, lies and other deceptions I've dealt with over the years from people selling this specific brand of spas.

Do me a favor, talk about your product and leave my personal life out of your posts....It doesn't make you look any better than the Arctic salesmen that sent me emails or pm calling me names or calling me "gay". Or the salesman that was on this board making derogatory comments about women.

Stick with the facts, Spaman should do the same...Leave me, my dog and my family out of it.

Every time I deal with Tom I think that the brand is turning the corner and getting away from the classless aggressiveness of the past that they were known for then some sales guy gets on, acts childish and ruins that thought.  

BTW, I have another dog named “Clover”, a cat and a fish if your interested in talking about them on the forum.

Water Boy

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2008, 06:12:17 pm »

I've really been trying to stay on point and talk logical however it kinda ticks me off that your obviously talking to my son-in-law who competes against me down the street and trying to get info on us.

The part that ticks me off is that while he's feeding you info to throw jabs I'm not here to answer because I'm to busy trying to help him and my daughter get into their first house. Doesn't it seem ironic that he would even dare to feed you info about me while I've never stopped trying to be a help in his personal life?

This is just one more negative thing in a long line of aggressive, abusive and nasty emails, calls, lies and other deceptions I've dealt with over the years from people selling this specific brand of spas.

Do me a favor, talk about your product and leave my personal life out of your posts....It doesn't make you look any better than the Arctic salesmen that sent me emails or pm calling me names or calling me "gay". Or the salesman that was on this board making derogatory comments about women.

Stick with the facts, Spaman should do the same...Leave me, my dog and my family out of it.

Every time I deal with Tom I think that the brand is turning the corner and getting away from the classless aggressiveness of the past that they were known for then some sales guy gets on, acts childish and ruins that thought.  

BTW, I have another dog named “Clover”, a cat and a fish if your interested in talking about them on the forum.

Sorry Robert, didn’t mean to strike a nerve, just having fun with sawman, that’s all.

For the record though, I don’t know your son in law, or anyone in your area for that matter. I have not called or talked to anyone in your area.

I just read the latest article today that you wrote for Spa Retailer mag, and in the article it says you own the biz with your wife and your dog. That’s I how I came across that, and since that was in a public mag, I figured that was public knowledge. I am sorry though for bringing up your dog, I shouldn’t have done that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:26:53 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Summitman

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2008, 06:14:13 pm »
I think we need to realize who is doing all the prodding here, we are just here defending the product.  Not taking jabs at other products or anything.  Just trying to keep people from getting the impression that Arctic produces a spa that is neither boiling hot or ice cube cold.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2008, 06:28:38 pm »
I call it probing. ;D ;D ;D

-SpaMan~

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2008, 06:53:21 pm »

Sorry Robert, didn’t mean to strike a nerve, just having fun with sawman, that’s all.

For the record though, I don’t know your son in law, or anyone in your area for that matter. I have not called or talked to anyone in your area.

I just read the latest article today that you wrote for Spa Retailer mag, and in the article it says you own the biz with your wife and your dog. That’s I how I came across that, and since that was in a public mag, I figured that was public knowledge. I am sorry though for bringing up your dog, I shouldn’t have done that.
You were obviously looking for info on my company to use against me in this discussion...That is getting personal. Again, regardless of whether it's "public knowledge" or not, stick with your product and leave my personal life out of it.

Water Boy

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2008, 07:01:43 pm »
You were obviously looking for info on my company to use against me in this discussion...That is getting personal. Again, regardless of whether it's "public knowledge" or not, stick with your product and leave my personal life out of it.

I am sorry that I brought that up. I wasn’t looking for any info though. Read that in the article that you wrote, and I was having fun with sawman, that’s all. Didn’t mean to strike a nerve. Please accept my apologies.

For the record though, you and sawman are no little angels or saints on this forum. This was all started when sawman started taking jabs at the product that I represent, and I won't stand for that either.

I will gladly "stick to the product" that I sell when you and sawman do the same.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:22:25 pm by Happy_Madison »

Summitman

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »
I call it probing. ;D ;D ;D

ok???

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2008, 07:12:02 pm »

I am sorry that I brought that up. I wasn’t looking for any info though. Read that in the article that you wrote, and I was having fun with sawman, that’s all. Didn’t mean to strike a nerve. Pleas except my apologies

For the record though, you and sawman are no little angels or saints on this forum. This was all started when sawman started taking jabs at the product that I represent, and I won't stand for that either.

I will gladly "stick to the product" that I sell when you and sawman do the same.

We can move this part of the discussion to PM if you would like but for the record, I've not "attacked" anyone or anyone’s product. I've played devils advocate on what I think are the "cons" of the product because so often I read or hear views that make is sound like the rest of the industry is wrong and Arctic is that only company with a clue.

Tell me where I've been off base with any of my points or thoughts on this and I will change it.

You threw jabs at me bringing Cal on instead of acknowledging the fact that after almost 20 years of battling a manufacture I found merit in what they were doing to the point that I was giving them a shot on my floor. I never preached anything about them nor did I make claims or elicit anyone to buy or sell the product. I simply shared my thoughts as to why I brought it on...

Try to be a bit more analytical and less emotional about your product and you could gain a lot more ground with someone that thinks logical like me. Tom has done a great job at this with a lot of people including myself.

Water Boy

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2008, 07:38:16 pm »

We can move this part of the discussion to PM if you would like but for the record, I've not "attacked" anyone or anyone’s product. I've played devils advocate on what I think are the "cons" of the product because so often I read or hear views that make is sound like the rest of the industry is wrong and Arctic is that only company with a clue.

Tell me where I've been off base with any of my points or thoughts on this and I will change it.

You threw jabs at me bringing Cal on instead of acknowledging the fact that after almost 20 years of battling a manufacture I found merit in what they were doing to the point that I was giving them a shot on my floor. I never preached anything about them nor did I make claims or elicit anyone to buy or sell the product. I simply shared my thoughts as to why I brought it on...

Try to be a bit more analytical and less emotional about your product and you could gain a lot more ground with someone that thinks logical like me. Tom has done a great job at this with a lot of people including myself.

Feel free to pm me if you would like. There have been lots of lies put on here about Arctic that even you know aren't true Robert. I am emotional about the product that I sell, and if someone is on here putting lies, I will tell the truth, as I do know the truth since I sell the product.

If you look back at all of my posts, you will see that I don’t talk bad about other spas. I don’t on my sales floor and I don’t on here. I may have told a story about a box store nightmare, but that is all. I don’t drop names, and claim to know it all about all spas because I don’t. As I have said before, I joined here to help customers with Arctic Spas, not to pick fights with other dealers.

Summitman

« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2008, 08:12:42 pm »

[glow]Every time I deal with Tom I think that the brand is turning the corner and getting away from the classless aggressiveness of the past that they were known for then some sales guy gets on, acts childish and ruins that thought[/glow].  

Point taken on that, although I will say that senseless and needless questioning of the quality of Arctic Spas EVERY time the name is brought up causes lots of this.  I believe that their are lots of great brands that all have excellent features.  I believe that Arctic is right in the mix, but people implying that our cabinets generate 250 degrees really gets under my skin.  We as arctic dealers hear this type of crap everyday from competing dealers and quite frankly its a bit comical, cause if its true no way Arctic has as good of an image it does and I would have customers in my store all day long demanding money back.

Its pretty bad when I have to keep a digital thermometer on my running showroom spa that displays the temp inside the cabinet.  Although it kind of helps me out when I think about it cause it turns other salesman into liars!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2008, 08:18:58 pm »
I also think it is comical that you keep a thermometer in the cabinet in your showroom as that is not the environment in which these tubs are typically used and does not depict the actual temp of which will be the norm.. Further more if I disconnect the heater in the Cal Spa on my floor it will also hold the temp.
-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:03 pm »
I also think it is comical that you keep a thermometer in the cabinet in your showroom as that is not the environment in which these tubs are typically used and does not depict the actual temp of which will be the norm.. Further more if I disconnect the heater in the Cal Spa on my floor it will also hold the temp.

Im glad I can make you laugh.  But Ive put that theory to test on my own Arctic spa, and it holds no bearing.  The outside temp or conditions dont effect the temp of the inside cabinet.  That outside insulation works both ways.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42