What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions about Arctic Spas  (Read 104407 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Questions about Arctic Spas
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2008, 02:37:29 pm »
[glow]Does it continually operate above the temp of the water in the tub? If so how high? I can never seem to get a reply from any of the Arctic guys as to how the dead air space can actually contribute to the actual heating of the tub if the temp in the cabinet is below that of the water. The answer is it can't, it is actually costing more to heat the tub and the cabinet. But what do I know? I am new to this whole industry[/glow].

I never explained it because youve been unwilling to listen.  Basically the waste heat off the pumps that HAVE to run to filter the water is utilitized to aid the heater in heating and keeping the water warm in the spa.  The pumps, heaters, packs dont have to run any longer than any other brand of spa.  Actually one could argue that the heater runs less which would save money on the bill.  Its not the only way building, not even saying its the best.  Its the way Arctic makes it and it works VERY WELL for me and all my customers.  

I have asked the question 5 times and this is the first attempt at answering. Now your explanation of the pump aiding in the heating process is only affective if you are capturing enough heat to actually bring the cabinet temp above that of the actual temp of the water, other wise you are simply bleeding heat into the cabinet losing temp from the spa. If at any time you reach into the cabinet of the spa and feel the side of the shell and it is warmer than the temp of the inside of the cabinet then you are in fact losing heat from the vessel of water and paying not only to heat the water but also the dead air cavity. I would also add that when you operate the jets and add millions of bubbles to the jetting action these bubbles come from the cabinet and at first will seem warm, but what happens once the warm air is depleted from the cabinet and the heat from the pump is no longer able to keep up with the transfer of outside air into the cabinet , then into the vessel? You would be replacing that warm air taken from the cabinet with ambient outside air. The demand is too rapid for the heat from the pump to bring that replacement air to temps above the water in the vessel before that air is injected into the tub, especially in cold climates.

-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2008, 02:37:29 pm »

spaman--

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2008, 02:41:33 pm »

p.s. calling people stupid isnt a great way to debate, but maybe thats just me.  Also saying the temp in the cabinet is 250 degrees is saying that the water is boiling in the spa.  [/quote]

So when I boil water on my stove the flame to get it there is only 250 degrees?
-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2008, 02:54:38 pm »
p.s. calling people stupid isnt a great way to debate, but maybe thats just me.  Also saying the temp in the cabinet is 250 degrees is saying that the water is boiling in the spa.  
So when I boil water on my stove the flame to get it there is only 250 degrees?

I dont know why dont you try it out to see.  Water boils at 212 not 250 btw.  

Summitman

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2008, 02:57:34 pm »

I have asked the question 5 times and this is the first attempt at answering. Now your explanation of the pump aiding in the heating process is only affective if you are capturing enough heat to actually bring the cabinet temp above that of the actual temp of the water, other wise you are simply bleeding heat into the cabinet losing temp from the spa. If at any time you reach into the cabinet of the spa and feel the side of the shell and it is warmer than the temp of the inside of the cabinet then you are in fact losing heat from the vessel of water and paying not only to heat the water but also the dead air cavity. I would also add that when you operate the jets and add millions of bubbles to the jetting action these bubbles come from the cabinet and at first will seem warm, but what happens once the warm air is depleted from the cabinet and the heat from the pump is no longer able to keep up with the transfer of outside air into the cabinet , then into the vessel? You would be replacing that warm air taken from the cabinet with ambient outside air. The demand is too rapid for the heat from the pump to bring that replacement air to temps above the water in the vessel before that air is injected into the tub, especially in cold climates.

Deam up what you want but the method works and works on a consistent basis.  And again nobody here is claiming that the waste heat off the pumps does ALL the heating.  It just simply aids.  It gets cold and windy here to.

spaman--

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:03 pm »

Deam up what you want but the method works and works on a consistent basis.  And again nobody here is claiming that the waste heat off the pumps does ALL the heating.  It just simply aids.  It gets cold and windy here to.

I am trying to see how a cabinet that is colder than the water itself can aid in heating?

-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2008, 03:54:30 pm »

I am trying to see how a cabinet that is colder than the water itself can aid in heating?

I thought it was hotter?  Like 250 degrees.

Water Boy

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2008, 04:01:50 pm »

I thought it was hotter?  Like 250 degrees.

;D ;D ;D

Sawman, let it go already and go do something productive. Why dont you go feed Lakota??!!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2008, 04:21:21 pm »
Anyone familiar with Godwins Law? Perhaps we need a new law concerning the word "stupid".
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

spaman--

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2008, 04:30:01 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Sawman, let it go already and go do something productive. Why dont you go feed Lakota??!!

Now that you are painted in a corner. twisting two different seasons and conversations doesn't change that the insulation does not work when the cabinet temp is lower than that of the water.

Mr Bill, I think you have confused me with Stuart, tell Bobby to be more specific when you are getting information from him and tell him thanks for the notes on selling against Arctic. They make perfect sense and his name on the bottom is a real closer. Even from someone who has only been selling spas for 3 yrs they get the job done.
-SpaMan~

Water Boy

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2008, 04:33:59 pm »
Not confused at all. I just figured you should go feed Stuarts dog!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:35:48 pm by Happy_Madison »

Water Boy

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2008, 04:35:05 pm »

Now that you are painted in a corner. twisting two different seasons and conversations doesn't change that the insulation does not work when the cabinet temp is lower than that of the water.

Mr Bill, I think you have confused me with Stuart, tell Bobby to be more specific when you are getting information from him and tell him thanks for the notes on selling against Arctic. They make perfect sense and his name on the bottom is a real closer. Even from someone who has only been selling spas for 3 yrs they get the job done.

You were the one that said the inside of the cabinet gets 250 degrees. No one else said that but you sawman.

spaman--

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2008, 04:41:34 pm »

You were the one that said the inside of the cabinet gets 250 degrees. No one else said that but you sawman.

My point is it gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

Twist and squirm all you want, it does not change the subject at hand.

I don't think I would get too personal about Stuarts private life, you do not know him well enough. I would think when it came to personal attacks we could atleast keep private lives off of the forum.

Now would be a good time to have this thread locked or trashed.
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2008, 04:49:23 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Summitman

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2008, 04:55:25 pm »

[glow]My point is it gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. [/glow]
Twist and squirm all you want, it does not change the subject at hand.

I don't think I would get too personal about Stuarts private life, you do not know him well enough. I would think when it came to personal attacks we could atleast keep private lives off of the forum.

Now would be a good time to have this thread locked or trashed.

point is that it doesnt.  You can sit here and go off about your alleged studies and analagies all you want, but I have hundreds of Arctic Spas in use that say YOUR WRONG

spaman--

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2008, 04:59:48 pm »
SO the vented panels are just for looks? ;
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2008, 04:59:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42