General > Beating a dead horse

Questions about Arctic Spas

<< < (2/26) > >>

spaman--:

--- Quote ---
Exactly, before buying or calling seats "pizza lounges"  you should take "spamans" advice and give it a try.  Im sure spaman hasnt.

--- End quote ---

Yea! sit in the Klondiker main lounge and let me know how well you stay down in the seat. Hold on to your hat because the only thing that will be touching the tub is your head on the head rest, the rest of your body floating at the surface of the water and your knees freezing because they were out of the water. You be the judge, this was just my experience. ;)

Water Boy:
You just must be like the "sample of one" the Spatech was talking about in that other thread sawman. The Klondiker is one of Arctics #1 sellers, and most people really like that spa. Its a very comfortabe spa, imo.

Summitman:

--- Quote ---

Yea! sit in the Klondiker main lounge and let me know how well you stay down in the seat. Hold on to your hat because the only thing that will be touching the tub is your head on the head rest, the rest of your body floating at the surface of the water and your knees freezing because they were out of the water. You be the judge, this was just my experience. ;)

--- End quote ---

The exact reason that you wet test any spa that you buy, the seats in any spa can be comfortable for some and uncomfortable for others.  Doesnt mean its a bad spa, just not for all.  Of course ALL of spamans spas he sells or services, fit Andre the Giant and Spud Webb all at the same time!!!

BubbaGump:

--- Quote ---Just went and looked at Arctic, we were overall pretty impressed. Here are some takeaways and questions:

The Forever Floor was great, they pitch this as a complete solution that removes the need for a concrete base. They said basically dig a base area out, pack tight with leveled mason sand and put the tub down. Sound accurate?
--- End quote ---

My understanding is that many spas can be installed this way.  While doing my homework, I have spoken with several contractors that do this kind of work in my area.  The additional cost of making the pad from concrete is minimal, and helps keep the spa free of sand and debris.

--- Quote ---They also won me over on their insulation, which places all the foam on the outermost layer just inside the wooden cabinet, thus locking the heat generated from pumps, etc inside and letting it conduct through the fiberglass shell into the water, rather than the sprayed on foam coating the shell and or wrapped around pumps and pipes like most of the others... Anyone have any thoughts on this?
--- End quote ---

Several that I have looked at do the "air" chamber insulation method, most do full foam.  As best I can tell, as long as you are looking at a premium brand, they all work.  I work in the auto industry, and I can tell you that unless the air temperature inside the "air chamber" is greater that what your water temp is, then there is no real gain.  Again, this only holds true in the premium brands.

--- Quote ---The Onzen sounds very promising, basically a new system that uses salt to generate chlorine on its own, combined with a higher end ozonator. Sounds like the part to replace the consumable in the ozonator is expensive though. Also I wonder how much they charge for the salt that needs to be put in up to twice a year. Seems like you could save a lot on chemicals though by paying a little extra at the beginning for Onzen.Thoughts?
--- End quote ---

Dont know what salt generator salt costs, or if their salt is special for the tub.  How often is the "consumable" in the ozone to be replaced? is it expensive?  Chemicals are not all that expensive so I dont know that you would save "a lot" or just a few bucks a month.

--- Quote ---I love the look of the cedar cabinets, but I'm not so high on the idea of staining them. They said stain twice a year. Sounds like a pain in the ass. How much does that cost in terms of stain? To get the "faux wood" its a $250 option.
--- End quote ---

I am not a diyer so I have no desire to stain.  I would buy the fake wood.

--- Quote ---The Jets seemed to protrude out, which surprised me, I wouldn't know if they felt uncomfortable until a wet test.
--- End quote ---

I would do a dry test also.  Take off your shoes and hop in.  If the jets stick out and hit your back dry, they will do it wet as well.

--- Quote ---Overally nice tubs though.
--- End quote ---

They were nice when I looked at them.  I had a few concerns that led me away...
http://www.arcticspas.com/downloads/warranty/Arctic%20Spas%20Warranty%20English.pdf

Many of their warranty items do not include labor costs.  So if your other components, or your cabinet need attention, the labor, while under warranty is on you.  
The cover warranty does not cover normal wear and tear.  Not sure what that means, but its a three year warranty, and if it fails becasuse you used it, its not covered?
Too much DIY on things like Union Connection leaks

The big one for me in Disclaimers,  Arctic spas warranties are limited to the maximum amount of monies recieved by Arctic spa with respect to the sale of the spa.  Meaning if the dealer paid $1000 for the tub, Arctic does not have to honor the warranty after they have spent $1000 in repair costs.

No ones warranty in this industry is perfect, and the sames holds true in the Auto industry.  I hope the informaiton is useful.  I have been looking for quite a while, and I have learned a lot.  Happy Hunting.

Chas:

--- Quote ---Too much DIY on things like Union Connection leaks
--- End quote ---

If the dealer tightens them on delivery, you should not have any problem. However, if one of the unions begins to leak, it is very easy to simply reach in and tighten it. OK, on some models the reaching it is not so easy, but it's not a big deal. Usually it can be simply hand tight - that is what they are designed for - but if you have to go a bit more a hammer, or a scrap of wood can be used to tap it.

I know that some companies will fix these things and not charge, which is fine. But this is not a real common problem, nor is it a big deal if it does crop up. We have unions on our tubs, and I can't even remember the last time one leaked and caused a warranty visit.

8-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version