What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions about Arctic Spas  (Read 104352 times)

Summitman

Re: Questions about Arctic Spas
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 01:33:59 pm »
Nope, I have the spa line that I have stood by for years. Arctic plays no role here. The local guy who sells Arctic here use to work for us, while he was here he spent alot of time putting comparative notes on the company computer. In his own words I can show a customer why my tubs are better. This guy even went as far to put his name at the bottom of his notes. If Arctic did not change their designs they would sit on the floor and not be sold on a floor that I worked. I cannot sell if I do not believe in it!

Ask around you will see.

I dont need to ask around, they sell VERY WELL for me and my customers.   Im not here to tout them just defend is all.  Funny thing is those notes you have, he really didnt know the product like dealers or customers would since he didnt sell them or own that brand of spa at the time.  He was just a competition coming up with ways to try and sell against Arctic.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 01:33:59 pm »

Water Boy

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 01:41:11 pm »
For the record sawman, just so the new people on here know, you just started selling Cal Spas again just a few weeks ago. You left your old place of employment from another Cal dealer to go work with your brother Steu, and didnt sell Cal for quite a while until recently. There were many of times where you bad mouthed cal when you werent selling them; that isnt much for support. So, what did you sell when Cal wasnt on your floor?? ::)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 02:46:27 pm »
For the record sawman, just so the new people on here know, you just started selling Cal Spas again just a few weeks ago. You left your old place of employment from another Cal dealer to go work with your brother Steu, and didnt sell Cal for quite a while until recently. There were many of times where you bad mouthed cal when you werent selling them; that isnt much for support. So, what did you sell when Cal wasnt on your floor?? ::)

O.K you are confused on my background.you are confused as to where I worked prior to working for Stuart, You are confused as to my loyalty on Cal Spas, anyone on here that knows me knows I have stayed loyal to Cal Spas through the entire time I did not have Cal Spas on the floor. The only near negative thing I have ever said was that it was nice to not have the service phone ring as often as it had @ Cal. There were some minor things that Cal went through that needed attention. Name a brand that hasn't had these issues and I will make you a liar.

To answer your question what I had on the floor when Cal wasn't the answer is D1 and Marquis.

You have to understand, when I talk about comfort and design I don't pull it out of my ear, I have seen the transition in the industry from the old molds where a lounge was a simple bench that layed you way back. Why has the entire industry changed these lounges? The answer is because when ever people would go to buy their second spa they would come in saying "we do not want a lounger this time" this was because they would float out of the lounger and could never use it. The lounge takes up 3 seats in a hottub, most of the industry has made the change in seats where your lower lumbar no longer is positioned way forward, they have learned that this is what is causing discomfort and floating. Take a look at other brands.

Do you really think I made this stuff up? I am not even smart enough to make this stuff up.

-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 02:54:20 pm »
your not the only guy selling tubs that knows a poorly designed lounger allows people to float.  Our loungers dont cause anymore people to float than any other brand of spa.  Until you have sold these spas first hand and talked to actual Arctic customers first hand you are assuming, and we all know what assuming can do.

spaman--

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 02:58:53 pm »
your not the only guy selling tubs that knows a poorly designed lounger allows people to float.  Our loungers dont cause anymore people to float than any other brand of spa.  Until you have sold these spas first hand and talked to actual Arctic customers first hand you are assuming, and we all know what assuming can do.
I do know what my experience is from sitting in a Klondiker laying on my back, and my knees 3" out of the water because I could not hang on. I talk to Arctic customer weekly, I have seen Arctic first hand at homeshows all over the country, accumulative hours peering into the cabinets and even trying to help people with the overheating of their spas in the summer time. I think I may have enough info to make an educated analogy of what my opinion is.

People: Please do not take my word for it just wet test and if you like it, buy it! I have only an opinion that needs no merit or proof, I hold no weight in any buying decision, I can give a very small of input of certains things you may want to look for.

I appologise to this board as even I am bored with this thread already.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:08:56 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 03:12:54 pm »
I do know what my experience is from sitting in a Klondiker laying on my back, and my knees 3" out of the water because I could not hang on. I talk to Arctic customer weekly, I have seen Arctic first hand at homeshows all over the country, accumulative hours peering into the cabinets and even trying to help people with the overheating of their spas in the summer time. I think I may have enough info to make an educated analogy of what my opinion is.

People: Please do not take my word for it just wet test and if you like it, buy it! I have only an opinion that needs no merit or proof, I hold no weight in any buying decision, I can give a very small of input of certains things you may want to look for.

I appologise to this board as even I am bored with this thread already.

All this being your opinion, which is great because this is a public forum and opinions are necessary to make this board relevant.  Just dont state opinions as facts.

Water Boy

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 03:19:57 pm »
Ya, I appologise two if I am borring peopple. I will try to keep thangs streight from hear.  ;)

spaman--

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 03:22:38 pm »

All this being your opinion, which is great because this is a public forum and opinions are necessary to make this board relevant.  Just dont state opinions as facts.

The only thing stated is fact is something that I learned in several search and rescue courses. In a water rescue, always wrap around the neck and cross to the opposite armpit and swim in the oposite direction, this will force the lungs horizontal and the body will float better, let go of the armpit and the body will not float horizontally and will most likely cause the 2 of you to sink and drown. One more time if the lungs are vertical less float, if the lungs are horizontal more float. This can't be disputed I do not care who ya are.  

I am done, it is time for my anger management, and chemical dependany class.
-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 03:25:46 pm »

The only thing stated is fact is something that I learned in several search and rescue courses. In a water rescue, always wrap around the neck and cross to the opposite armpit and swim in the oposite direction, this will force the lungs horizontal and the body will float better, let go of the armpit and the body will not float horizontally and will most likely cause the 2 of you to sink and drown. One more time if the lungs are vertical less float, if the lungs are horizontal more float. This can't be disputed I do not care who ya are.  

I am done, it is time for my anger management, and chemical dependany class.

your lungs wouldnt be horizontal in that seat.  

spaman--

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 03:58:43 pm »

your lungs wouldnt be horizontal in that seat.  

Here is the comparison and if you look at others such as, HotSpring Envoy, Cal Spa, D1 (except the Seville which is a laid out lounge also)

O.k now I am done 4 real.

-SpaMan~

Summitman

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 04:09:48 pm »
Ill post pics tomorrow when I get my camera into the store, of someone setting in the seats.   Trust me your lungs are NOT horizontal, unless of course I dont know what horizontal is.  

The spa is extremely comfortable and all the people that have bought it from me have LOVED it.  But im sure you know more than I, since youve been to so many home shows, and worked on so many.  Your the "spaman"

Water Boy

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 04:11:05 pm »
Nice pics sawman!! Doesnt matter what spa, you name the brand, and look at reviews from people on any spa forum, and you will hear people saying that they float out in their loungers. Sometimes it is just the person, not the spa. Doesnt matter if it is a HS, D1, Jacuzzi, or Arctic. Some people just float in loungers, and some do not. That is why some people just say screw the lounger, and buy a HS, D1, Jacuzzi, or Arctic Spa without a lounger.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 04:22:35 pm »
   My friend knew a guy at another dealership in Seattle,  he told people fat floats and you probably wouldn't want a lounger!!  He had a phenomenal close ratio.  And he didn't sell many loungers.

Tom

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 11:30:46 am »
Be sure to read all the instructions on cooling the tub in the summer, also read the instructions on punching a whole in the corner of the cover to allow the water that builds up in the skirt to drain.
It's true.  The Arctic line was engineered for maximum efficiency in cold climates.  Cooling the spa http://www.industrymailout.com/Industry/View.aspx?id=45698&p=0456#article123571 is recommended for areas with a hot summer or in hot climates.

Cover flaps instructions are here:  http://www.industrymailout.com/Industry/LandingPage.aspx?id=132276&p=1.   Don't know how many people actually have this issue but I understand that the covers now come self-draining (can't confirm at the moment).  The CastCore cover still remains one of the strongest and most energy-efficient covers AFAIK.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:40:24 am by Graybeard »

spaman--

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 12:06:11 pm »
It's true.  The Arctic line was engineered for maximum efficiency in cold climates.  Cooling the spa http://www.industrymailout.com/Industry/View.aspx?id=45698&p=0456#article123571 is recommended for areas with a hot summer or in hot climates.

Cover flaps instructions are here:  http://www.industrymailout.com/Industry/LandingPage.aspx?id=132276&p=1.   Don't know how many people actually have this issue but I understand that the covers now come self-draining (can't confirm at the moment).  The CastCore cover still remains one of the strongest and most energy-efficient covers AFAIK.

That is all fine and dandy, however I have delt with more than 10 Arctic spas in the Denver and Colorado Springs areas that have had problems overheating in the summer. I guess global warming has included to be in the "hot climates". What is never addressed is what happens to equipment packs when it gets 250 degrees inside one of these cabinets. I can appreciate the pumps that you have added, it is a real solution toward preventing the pump problems that go along with extreme heat conditions in the cabinet.

I have only seen a hand full of covers that build up water in the skirt, however what I have seen in several is that black mold grows inside the skirt and also causes a mildew smell.
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 12:06:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42