General > Beating a dead horse

Questions about Arctic Spas

(1/26) > >>

spa_newb:
Just went and looked at Arctic, we were overall pretty impressed. Here are some takeaways and questions:

The Forever Floor was great, they pitch this as a complete solution that removes the need for a concrete base. They said basically dig a base area out, pack tight with leveled mason sand and put the tub down. Sound accurate?

They also won me over on their insulation, which places all the foam on the outermost layer just inside the wooden cabinet, thus locking the heat generated from pumps, etc inside and letting it conduct through the fiberglass shell into the water, rather than the sprayed on foam coating the shell and or wrapped around pumps and pipes like most of the others... Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The Onzen sounds very promising, basically a new system that uses salt to generate chlorine on its own, combined with a higher end ozonator. Sounds like the part to replace the consumable in the ozonator is expensive though. Also I wonder how much they charge for the salt that needs to be put in up to twice a year. Seems like you could save a lot on chemicals though by paying a little extra at the beginning for Onzen.Thoughts?

I love the look of the cedar cabinets, but I'm not so high on the idea of staining them. They said stain twice a year. Sounds like a pain in the ass. How much does that cost in terms of stain? To get the "faux wood" its a $250 option.

The Jets seemed to protrude out, which surprised me, I wouldn't know if they felt uncomfortable until a wet test.

Overally nice tubs though.

spaman--:
Be sure to read all the intructions on cooling the tub in the summer, also read the instructions on punching a whole in the corner of the cover to allow the water that builds up in the skirt to drain. I will add that the website mentions nothing about the bacteria and algae that builds up in the skirt of the cover.
I would wet test the spa for comfort, I would not limit my wet test to one brand, try all of the well known brands to find the spa that best fits you and your needs. Please share with us the model you are interrested in. Some of the models are a bit funky, in my opinion the "Pizza Lounges" are not very anatomically correct. Idf you find it comfortable in a wet test buy it!

Wet testing is the most important part when considering a spa. Why? some seats and loungers in the industry are still being designed where the lower lumbar is positioned forward in seat or lounger, this causes the lungs to be positioned horizontal, this enhances the chance that a person will float out of the seat. Too many jets or too powerful of jets will also cause floating out of any seat. I STRONGLY urge you to wet test before you buy. In the end if you pay $9k for a spa and get it home and hate it, chances are that you are stuck with a spa you hate.

Good luck!

spaman--:

[glow]They also won me over on their insulation, which places all the foam on the outermost layer just inside the wooden cabinet, thus locking the heat generated from pumps, etc inside and letting it conduct through the fiberglass shell into the water, rather than the sprayed on foam coating the shell and or wrapped around pumps and pipes like most of the others... Anyone have any thoughts on this?[/glow]

would'nt the air from the pump need to be warmer than the water in the tub consistantly?

and is there a cooling fan on the main board to keep it from over heating and causing damage, like in your computer?

Just curious.

Water Boy:
Hello Spa Newb. Thanks for your interest in Arctic Spas.  Most people on this forum will acknowledge that Arctic's are one of the top brands out there today.

I would suggest scheduling a wet test with you dealer to give one a try! Let me know if you have any other questions in regards to the Arctic Spas.

Summitman:

--- Quote ---Be sure to read all the intructions on cooling the tub in the summer, also read the instructions on punching a whole in the corner of the cover to allow the water that builds up in the skirt to drain. I will add that the website mentions nothing about the bacteria and algae that builds up in the skirt of the cover.
[glow]I would wet test the spa for comfort, I would not limit my wet test to one brand, try all of the well known brands to find the spa that best fits you and your needs. Please share with us the model you are interrested in. Some of the models are a bit funky, in my opinion the "Pizza Lounges" are not very anatomically correct. Idf you find it comfortable in a wet test buy it![/glow]

Wet testing is the most important part when considering a spa. Why? some seats and loungers in the industry are still being designed where the lower lumbar is positioned forward in seat or lounger, this causes the lungs to be positioned horizontal, this enhances the chance that a person will float out of the seat. Too many jets or too powerful of jets will also cause floating out of any seat. I STRONGLY urge you to wet test before you buy. In the end if you pay $9k for a spa and get it home and hate it, chances are that you are stuck with a spa you hate.

Good luck!
--- End quote ---

Exactly, before buying or calling seats "pizza lounges"  you should take "spamans" advice and give it a try.  Im sure spaman hasnt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version