What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I have no reply or post icons  (Read 21851 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
I have no reply or post icons
« on: October 31, 2008, 12:26:49 pm »
 I have tried to reply and have no icons to do so, is this an evil attempt to take away my freedom of speech? ;)

Wait it is only on the thread where I challenge the Hot Spring "leader of the industry" quote.

I would only ad this: The number of dealers does NOT constitute the number of spas sold as many of those dealers sell less than 30 spas a year.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:32:05 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

I have no reply or post icons
« on: October 31, 2008, 12:26:49 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: I have no reply or post icons
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 12:39:24 pm »
I was thinking the same thing....I was also thinking the amount of spas you sell does not mean you are an industry leader either....I am sure the internet/box store tub companies sell a lot, along with Thermospas...does not make them a leader in my mind.

Companies that have been around for 25 plus years with a proven quality tub=industry leaders in my mind.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:49:43 pm »

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 12:52:47 pm »
I have tried to reply and have no icons to do so, is this an evil attempt to take away my freedom of speech? ;)

Wait it is only on the thread where I challenge the Hot Spring "leader of the industry" quote.

I would only ad this: The number of dealers does NOT constitute the number of spas sold as many of those dealers sell less than 30 spas a year.

Spaman,

1) Your point is well taken, the poster should have said "AN industry leader" rather than "THE industry leader". Its no different than many of us wishing people would say "one of the best" instead of "the best" when describing their spa of choice.

2) It isn't an evil way to take away your freedom of speech. Myself and other clear headed, rational thinking people also can't post. It's not just you and the few other nut cases on this site who are locked out so don't take it personally.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:54:24 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 12:57:01 pm »

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:00:20 pm by East_TX_Spa »

spaman--

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 01:16:30 pm »
Why are you posting pictures of my mother on the net? That is uncalled for and just rude! Stop by her house and get your darn dog he is $h!tting up the joint!

The picture you posted of me was long before I stopped smoking.
-SpaMan~

spaman--

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 01:17:50 pm »

Spaman,

1) Your point is well taken, the poster should have said "AN industry leader" rather than "THE industry leader". Its no different than many of us wishing people would say "one of the best" instead of "the best" when describing their spa of choice.

2) It isn't an evil way to take away your freedom of speech. Myself and other clear headed, rational thinking people also can't post. It's not just you and the few other nut cases on this site who are locked out so don't take it personally.

Sheesh! I have fallen to an all time low, I am now  in the same classification as Spatech? ;D
-SpaMan~

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »
  I was biting my tongue on that comment for a couple of days and decided to let it go, since there is no real proof of who sells the most or builds the best  the best is in the eye of the beholder so its a dead horse to me, Ferrari builds a really nice car but doubt they sell as  many as Ford or Chevy.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:48 pm »
Stop by her house and get your darn dog he is $h!tting up the joint!

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

You could've at least slowed the car down a little for poor Remus. :'(

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 01:45:31 pm »

I hate to tell you buddy, "freedom of speech" only applies to venues that are public, that you own or rent, or where you're given permission to be. This, or any other website, being privately owned, your constitutional right off freedom of speech, doesn't apply here.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

spaman--

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 01:58:53 pm »

I hate to tell you buddy, "freedom of speech" only applies to venues that are public, that you own or rent, or where you're given permission to be. This, or any other website, being privately owned, your constitutional right off freedom of speech, doesn't apply here.

Are we fighting? I guess you are right, however I would expect that since I have been a member here for a bit I would be able to challenge a statement when I feel it is incorrect, God knows I have taken alot of flack here. I guess that is what I meant by freedom of speech. If you and I are fighting Doc I need to know so I can send hundreds of unwanted magazine subscriptions to your house and work. ;D
-SpaMan~

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 02:04:23 pm »
 If they are gonna lock it,they may as well delete it!   Suppose you could find the same type of thread in the dead horse section??  

spaman--

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 02:16:40 pm »
I am speechless! If I were to say Cal Spas was "considered the leader in the industry" I would be takin" it from all sides, but I make reference to the fact that we are not all in agreement with the statement that Hot Spring is  "the leader in the industry" the entire thread is silenced. I would hope that this site is more fair and balanced than that. I was under the impression that we are here to help people in their quest in a fashion that was non biased. I am confused, certainly I am not the only one? Maybe I am the only one. If I am wrong in my thinking tell me. :-X
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 02:23:46 pm »
Are we fighting?  If you and I are fighting Doc I need to know...

You do NOT want to fight with Doc!  Remember what happened to the last guy that called him out?  I do.

Doc's a big dude...and he's got Charles Jefferson for backup!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 03:15:40 pm »
As far as I know Watkins outsells all others, has more dealers than all others, is represented in as many countries or more than all others.

I have never seen numbers posted from other manufacturers, nor have I ever seen another tub maker openly dispute the claim - and then back it up with real, hard, numbers.

The numbers I have seen come from acrylic suppliers, parts suppliers, even trucking companies who ship the things across the country.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 03:15:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42