What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Windows Vista  (Read 12920 times)

autoplay

Windows Vista
« on: February 02, 2007, 09:47:08 am »
My opinion,wait 6-12 months till upgrading to Vista.  More driver support etc wil be available.  Any other thoughts?

64 bit ver worth having?

Hot Tub Forum

Windows Vista
« on: February 02, 2007, 09:47:08 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 11:19:10 pm »
Why did you put this on the dead horse section? No one will see it...
I agree with you, it always seems better to wait and let them work out all the bugs before you jump on board.  My friend, Mac lover that she is, insists that Vista still won't compare to her MAC...that is the only thing that makes me want to try it sooner...just to have a direct comparison.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:22:16 pm »
Ha look what I just found in my email...

http://www.apple.com/getamac/?cid=CDM-NA-3906A
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:23:17 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 11:23:46 pm »
My opinion: wait until Vista Service Pack 1 comes out to fix all the bugs, security problems, updates and idiocies they introduced with the current version.

If you're really in a hurry, start out with a brand new PC that's listed as a Vista Premium Ready PC.

Don't bother upgrading to Vista unless you already have a fast PC, have plenty of hard disk space, are willing to add additional RAM and a fast video graphics card with at least 256MB of RAM.
Yes, Vista will run with less but why bother? I'm going to stick with XP until I build a new PC.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 12:59:49 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 09:49:54 am »
I heard that XP will be supported until 2012. That's a long time away. My opinion is that unless you get a new computer - don't bother. Although I'm not in the computer field I believe upgrading an older computer is asking for problems, big or small.

I've added video cards that locked up the CPU because the CPU didn't know what to do. Memory is OK but how many people add the wrong memory and wonder what's going on. I work with a guy who tries to upgrade his computer by adding whatever and after hours trying to debug the system then removes the stuff.

Vista may be a good product but wait for the debugging as was said. By that time the old computer your on will be obsolete and it's time for a new one. For people who don't want to build their own you can buy a Dell or HP/Compaq for $400 or buy a high end one for $3000. OR you can buy an Apple! I usually go low end for my computers as I only use it for relatively stupid stuff ... like this! ;) ;D

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 10:48:03 pm »
I'm  waiting for Service Pack 1.  I would check that every program that you have will run a 64 bit Vista before I'd use the 64 bit version.  I hate being on the bleeding edge any longer.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 12:08:35 am »
I'm  waiting for Service Pack 1.  I would check that every program that you have will run a 64 bit Vista before I'd use the 64 bit version.  I hate being on the bleeding edge any longer.

I had some nice programs when I was on Windows 98 that will not run on XP. Kind of pissed me of that as we go forward you can't take favorite programs with you!

Micah

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 01:50:12 pm »
Why did you put this on the dead horse section? No one will see it...
I agree with you, it always seems better to wait and let them work out all the bugs before you jump on board.  My friend, Mac lover that she is, insists that Vista still won't compare to her MAC...that is the only thing that makes me want to try it sooner...just to have a direct comparison.

I agree with your friend.  As a long time windows user, I have been running vista for over 6 months.  After six months of vista I went and got me a Mac.  I've had my mac for 2 months and i love it.  I never could say the same about vista.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

xrdirthead

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 02:39:33 am »
Love my Vista!
No need to get the 64 bit. Stick with the 32 bit now. Not enough support for the 64.

Mez

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 09:36:57 pm »
I built up a new box last month and bought an OEM version (32 bit) of Vista Home Premium and LOVE IT! Best version to date and I started way back when on Windows 3.0. As long as you stick with the 32 bit version you are fine

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 07:47:53 am »
I have a new PC arriving this weekend, we'll see how Vista works out.
Brewman

autoplay

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »
Today I installed Vista 64-bit. Everything is working great,and had no problems as of today,with finding drivers for my various hardware,in 64-bit form.
It's now actually using all 4 gigs of ram that I have,compared to win xp,which was only using 2.7 gigs total.
My Battlefield game,I had to instruct it to run in administrator mode,then had no prob with diff OS issue/s.

It actually seems a tad faster compared to win xp.

I now have win xp on 1 HD,Vista64 on another HD. Both drives are identical,same speed etc.
Not runnin em dual boot,but using CMOS to boot up whatever drive I want,from the gate.

The software only cost me 99 bucks,as it's an OEM builders edition.

Back to learning what this longhorn thang iz all bout lol

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 12:56:01 am »
So far so good on my new PC, with Vista- not the 64 bit.  I did need to get some new drivers for a couple of my printers, but they are now working fine.
 New scanner just installed came Vista compatible.  Also upgraded to Office 2007 pro- and am quite impressed with the new layout of word and Excel.
My cable company supplies software (CA Associates, IIRC) for firewall, anti virus, etc...  that so far hasn't been upgraded to run on Vista, but hopefully soon.
Other than that, I like Vista.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 12:56:33 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 12:10:17 pm »

I know this topic is going a back a bit but it has relevance to me now. I just bought a new laptop a couple of days ago and it has Vista. I'm not quite loving just yet... >:(

For you computer nerds, any idea how I can get my Cannon MP150 printer running on my wireless. I can't find the driver to get it running on Vista.

Feel free to email a link @ srsb@shaw.ca

Much appreciated!!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 12:10:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42