What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance and Jacuzzi Dealers - Need help with which tub to buy.  (Read 2964 times)

pburgguy

Sundance and Jacuzzi Dealers - Need help with which tub to buy.
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:13:08 pm »
Looking to make a purchase soon and am really down to two hot tubs.

Both with Audio.

Sundance Optima - Little disappointed with the change this year, no remote to control the jets/lights.
Jacuzzi J 470

We have we tested the Optima, and will do the 470 this week.

Need any help with which hot tub to go with assuming wet test goes ok on the 470, maybe we will hate the 470 and will help, but if we like it then stuck not knowing which one.

Need any help any pros and cons, I like the Jacuzzi audio and remote, I also like the lighting better on the Jacuzzi.

Any spa better then the other, jets, filtration, audio.........

I know they are owned and manufactured by the same company so the quality should be there, but how are warranty levels for either spa.

Please help me make a decision since we are so on the fence which one and want to purchase a spa soon.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance and Jacuzzi Dealers - Need help with which tub to buy.
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:13:08 pm »

d00nut

Re: Sundance and Jacuzzi Dealers - Need help with which tub to buy.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:55:06 pm »
Go the J-470!  That spa is amazing.  I'm not sure when Jacuzzi/Sundance will decide to share the control system between the two top series... but for now I think Jacuzzi 400's have the edge with that beautiful display and remote.  Also, I personally prefer the rotary jets of the Jacuzzi... you will see that for yourself soon.

Filtration works a bit differently on both spas, but both will be fairly similar as their circulation pump is the same as both spas.  Both take advantage of nature 2 combined with Ozone (dealer installed.)  Really, the differences are in the jets, controls, lights, and style.

MileHighSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:17:16 pm »
I would imagine there would be a considerable cost difference between the two wouldnt there be?  I figured the 470 would be atleast 1500+ more then the Optima.  I mean your obviously spending 10,000+ so I guess thats not a huge difference. 

Quality in tubs, warranty in tubs should be the same.  Only quality difference I could think of would be the pan bottom on the 470 and wood bottom on the Sundance.  Both are great tubs, I say buy whichever one feels better.  I am not sure how much a replacement cover would cost for that tub and you might ask that before buying, I have always wondered that.

I always tell people to reconsider hot tub stereo systems...the quality of sound will not be there in a year or two and they are generally very expensive replacement costs.  Obviously its a fun thing to get in a spa, but it will be the most replaced item in either of those two spas.  That and the pillows will probably be the one thing you end up disliking about those spas moving forward.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:17:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42