What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: ***** Spas  (Read 76319 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: ***** Spas
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 02:55:52 pm »
It looks like he has found a new buddy.  Saw this on his board.

My extensive research came down to two Companies. Thermospa and the *****. Why would anyone buy a full foam insulated spa? Why would anyone with an IQ over a l00 buy a Hot Springs Spa.

and his reply
We service the Thermo Spas here in Colorado, and I can tell you they are well made, but everything in a **** spa is stronger and better made with the highest end components.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:56:10 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 02:55:52 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 03:00:30 pm »
I don't think there is even a Phoenix Spa dealer in phoenix since the company I worked for dropped them because they would not ship parts but only every six weeks.
-SpaMan~

Chris_H

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 03:39:05 pm »
When does this thread get deleted?

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 03:41:31 pm »
Any time he gets the point and is moving on to shopping local dealers.
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 05:06:35 pm »
Model is SCF...73 jets, 2 ea 6.5 motors, cover.
$11725.  includes 60" step, Butler, ship, installing, GFCI disconnect, ozone gen sys, thermo blanket,care supplies, extra filter.

Those are the specs fot the spa but a wise purchase includes WHO it is you're dealing with. Considerations such as reputations of the dealer & manufacturer (will they honor their committment, in his case a simple NO has been the answer), quality of the product, local service, etc. In these areas he gets a grade of F-. If he told me it was nighttime I would have to look outside to be sure and even then I'd be worried that an eclipse was responsible for the darkness.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 05:15:10 pm »
$11725.  includes 60" step, Butler, ship, installing, GFCI disconnect, ozone gen sys, thermo blanket,care supplies, extra filter.
Thats about it.

SemperFi Dick

::)
You would be paying an exhorbinant amount of money for a generic spa you could buy for about $4000 in any major city in North America, including Phoenix.

Please,  listen to that inner voice telling you that you know better than to fall for these shenanigans.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 05:18:10 pm »
Thats about it.

SemperFi Dick

73 jets!!!  I need to wet test one of those.  Any ideas if there are any Super Custom Fallsburg's in the Philadelphia area?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 05:23:27 pm »

73 jets!!!  I need to wet test one of those.  Any ideas if there are any Super Custom Fallsburg's in the Philadelphia area?

I think Philly people are too skeptical to fall for his ruse!

Soakin

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 06:28:58 pm »
Probery will fly up from Phoenix to do a wet test.
Wow!  2 pages of replies in less than half a day.  I think it is great that so many of you responded to help save this poor schmuck the expense of flying off to do a wet test, but... in order to save the rest of us reading time, how about if we all agree that if someone was actually stupid enough to fly somewhere (or drive several hundred miles as another "shopper" claimed) to wet test a spa -- we just let them! 8)

I suspect that you all gave "Bodyaches" just what he was hoping for when he posted.  I know it its hard not to take the bait, but I think it would be best if these types of posts were allowed to drop off the front page due to lack of response.

Tired eyes,

Cal

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:35:11 pm by Soakin »

txwillie

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 06:32:25 pm »
 I know it its hard not to take the bait, but I think it would be best if these types of posts were allowed to drop off the front page due to lack of response.

best statement yet in this thread

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 06:36:34 pm »
You're exactly right.  Anyone silly enough to do that wouldn't listen to reason anyway.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 07:33:14 pm »
how about if we all agree that if someone was actually stupid enough to fly somewhere (or drive several hundred miles as another "shopper" claimed) to wet test a spa -- we just let them! 8)

He came here before making the mistake so I think we  need to assume he's open to getting a 3rd party opinion. If he still wants to look into that option then by all means we shouldn't bother trying to convince him otherwise as all we can do is provide him the truth that he can't get on that website. Past that it's buyer beware.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 08:48:21 pm »
More like "Buyer, be afraid.  Be very afraid".

Brewman
Brewman

salesdvl

Re: **** Spas
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 09:58:33 pm »

Talk about tubs, your mother's hysterectomy, or Diamond backs, but not HIM or his spas.

Bodyaches' mom had a hyterectomy?   ???

;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 12:11:20 am »
I see we've been set up by someone who drank the cool-aide.

You're right buddy, we're all wrong and he is the only one telling the truth. DARN...you caught us. We've all been running this scam here for years knowing full well that Jim is the spa king and we're so darn afraid of him taking over our industry.

Well boys and girls...it's time to close up this shop and find ourselves a whole new line of work. We've been made by bodyaches and the gig's up!

The truth is achey, you should run right out and buy one of those rebranded Phoenix spas right now. Forget about what we said. We were kidding with ya... It was a joke. They are the BEST SPAS EVER MADE.

Talk to you later Jim....er bodyaches... er Dick ::)
(I'm a true believer that there's much to be said about a name! ;D )
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:13:29 am by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 12:11:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42