What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Traveling circus part II?  (Read 20509 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Traveling circus part II?
« on: January 03, 2007, 02:24:45 pm »
Last year at the time, we attended the annual home show downtown. It actually was a good home show and we ended up getting our bathroom remodeled. (The Microban shower stall is doing well!)  

The same show was also the infamous one we all know about billed as [glow]16 great manufacturers all bidding for your business [/glow]

If you wanted to buy a Master or a Hawkeye spa, it was fun to go look at. Last year, the local MS dealer was a long time one, but I didn't see their presence at the show. Since then, they dumped MS, and I know this show was one factor. Their is a new pool company that is the local MS dealer.

Well, the show is back, and the only ads I have heard were mainly about the home part of the show. I haven't hear the BS ads. (yet)  I'll let you know.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Traveling circus part II?
« on: January 03, 2007, 02:24:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
Sleaze finds Sleaze
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:51:33 pm »
More updates on the traveling circus.  As mentioned the home show that also have the super spa sale, was a good show.   Also last year, I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney Generals office agains Bluestar shows who had a Super Golf Sale in Columbus.  The sales ad for that show were pure deception.  All I asked for was a refund of my show admission and my parking cost, which I received.    Wouldn't you know it, this year the same spa show has teamed up with the sleazy golf show.  But at first I didn't hear the typical blantent lies. However that didn't last, tonight I saw the ad for 15 major manufacturers.  

One other thing has changed since then. The long time MS dealer dumped MS.  I don't know if the new MS dealer is affiliated with this show. MJB, have any insight into this?  I won't give Blue Star shows another dime of my money. (They also have an equally crappy computer show)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mjb

Re: Traveling circus part II?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:18:29 am »
Yes, the master spa cicus is back in town.
A local pool company functions as their
service and delivery company.
We've already had customers come to
our store after being at the show.
These people were lied to on just about
every level.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 10:38:17 am »
Well, at least I can go to the home show this year guilt free. (The one at the convention center) Not sure if they have a spa section this year. I'll let you know)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:38:53 am by wmccall »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 02:07:27 pm »
Is there an old dog I hear barking somewhere to come to the rescue of the reputation of Master spas. I sure lassie or rin tin tin will be here shortly to say all makers are guilty of the same thing. Here boy here boy...come and bark something at us or me..... ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 02:20:19 pm »
Medno, I'm curious about what you mean when you say that all tub makers are guilty of the same thing?

I have never seen a show which was promoted as more than one manufacturer which turned out to be all one manufacturer, except for Master Spas.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 03:03:24 pm »
Chas,

What I meant was that there is a regular poster here and someone who seems like a really good guy , who each time this comes up has for some reason that I have yet to figure out why, comes to the defense of master spas and has said all makers are guilty of similar things and has been particularly hard me, about 3 years ago when I first brought these shows up and I was very upset as at the time I was truly just spa shopping as a consumer, I felt totally mislead and deceived as I attended a show on Friday taking 4 of my nephews with me only to walk in and see that it was a complete and total sham,When I asked where everyone was I was told and that the all the makers showed up but than they left as they knew they could not compete with Master. I drove about 30 miles looking forward to Caldera that was listed as one who was going to be there. anyway this is getting to long on my part and the post was just somewhat of joke to someone who again seems to feel the need to justify these shows.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
Ah. Thank-you for clarifying - I remember it all now.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:49 pm »
Old news.......
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »
Old news.......

... not if it repeats itself.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 02:58:25 pm »

... not if it repeats itself...
...and you want to keep dredging up the same old tired subject.  We know they exist, no one is happy about it but there's nothing that can be done about it.

Like I said, old news...
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 05:16:10 pm »
...and you want to keep dredging up the same old tired subject.  We know they exist, no one is happy about it but there's nothing that can be done about it.

Like I said, old news...

It will be old news the day they stop running this type of bait and switch show. I'm not even the one posting about it but if it reoccurs then yes, I would expect people would post about it. It may be old news to you and me but there are many people who log on to this site who may not have been here before or not since the last time it was brought up so to them it may be new information. Why does this bother you so much anyway? It is not a reflection on the spa in your back yard but only on the sales practice of the company. You can still tell everyone how much you like your spa and how well it has performed for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 06:12:18 pm »
tuo,

If you look at when this thread started and then notice mendo's post, you will see that I deliberately stayed out of it until mendo decided he would drag me back into it.  I refuse to discuss it further with him or you or anyone else because I cannot say any more or offer anything new...if people need to know my feelings on it...AND...if they care to read and understand exactly how I feel, then they can search previous threads.  I'm just not interested in rehashing it any more.  Like I said, no one (including me) likes this program but there's not a thing that can be done to stop it...it will continue to exist.  Bill did all that can be done by bringing to our attention that the latest version is in his neck of the woods...and I have no problem with that.  Mendo decided that I should be drug back into the conversation and I refuse...that's it...old news.

Reese

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 07:28:08 pm »
... I'm just not interested in rehashing it any more...Mendo decided that I should be drug back into the conversation and I refuse...that's it...old news.
Aw, c'mon...things have gotten so boring in the "Dead Horse" section that Why Not has started kicking some of the threads just to see if they'll still whinny.  Here we had a candidate to revive the section (although that would require our moderator to banish his own thread  :o), and you refuse to do your part!  I'm all for maturity, not allowing someone to push your buttons or make it personal, and the like... but think of the rest of us! ;) ::) :)

windsurfdog

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 08:38:53 am »
Aw, c'mon...things have gotten so boring in the "Dead Horse" section that Why Not has started kicking some of the threads just to see if they'll still whinny.  Here we had a candidate to revive the section (although that would require our moderator to banish his own thread  :o), and you refuse to do your part!  I'm all for maturity, not allowing someone to push your buttons or make it personal, and the like... but think of the rest of us! ;) ::) :)
Look, you can say what you want about me but when you start accusing me of maturity, THAT'S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE!  8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 08:38:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42