What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: CALSPAS what you think  (Read 35139 times)

soaker

Re: CALSPAS what you think
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 02:17:49 am »
Is it my imagination or do a bunch of Cal Spas different series look a lot like competetive brands?  IE, a number of the Home Series look like Hot Spring and Caldera?  The Journey Series looks a lot like Jacuzzi?  Look at the Jacuzzi J-385 and compare to the Cal Spa J508.  Compare a Caldera Geneva to the Cal Spa Home Series H902 and the Hot Spring Grandee to the Home Series H908.  On the 908, its just the filter moved to a different corner.

I also find it interesting that Home Series - Hot Spring?  Journey - Jacuzzi.

Seems like a blatant copy to me.  Why do they do that?

I had a Jacuzzi dealer tell me about this and I didn't believe him until I looked and saw for myself.  I found it kind of weird that Cal Spas would copy these other brands.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 02:17:49 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 11:37:41 am »
Is it my imagination or do a bunch of Cal Spas different series look a lot like competetive brands?  IE, a number of the Home Series look like Hot Spring and Caldera?  The Journey Series looks a lot like Jacuzzi?  Look at the Jacuzzi J-385 and compare to the Cal Spa J508.  Compare a Caldera Geneva to the Cal Spa Home Series H902 and the Hot Spring Grandee to the Home Series H908.  On the 908, its just the filter moved to a different corner.

I also find it interesting that Home Series - Hot Spring?  Journey - Jacuzzi.

Seems like a blatant copy to me.  Why do they do that?

I had a Jacuzzi dealer tell me about this and I didn't believe him until I looked and saw for myself.  I found it kind of weird that Cal Spas would copy these other brands.

That is true. I guess they feel they can say "we've got the same spa here for $xxx less" but is it really the same? It's more of the "be everything to everyone approach" that falls short IMO. It's that kind of thing that really makes me scratch my head that they resort to that kind of approach. I just think that some day they'll have someone take over who'll change that way of thinking. They are certainly a formidable entity but there is still a little bit of a carnival approach that I think holds them back a bit.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 11:38:57 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2006, 03:12:40 pm »
Did you just call me a Carney? >:(
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 11:50:34 am »

LOL, no, you're in the sideshow right next to Snakeman!

Hey, aren't you supposed to change your name since you sold out Spaman.com?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 09:38:58 am »

Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands....
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 09:38:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42