What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!  (Read 96999 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Am I unreasonable or What?- What would you do?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 04:28:04 pm »
I hope I do not come across as having no empathy here but the problems you have had seem to be more of a great nuisance type and while being very unfortunate they are in the big picture on the smaller scale. I say this because you have had no structure issues and no leaks nothing that would seem to indicate a poorly built spa but more of component problem. I completely understand how you feel and I think it would not be out of line to expect something for your troubles but I am not sure that a new spa is quite the answer yet. I hope you understand that what I am sharing is not with the thought of belittling your troubles but I am trying to say while unfortunate they should be easily fixed and do not represent a poorly built spa.  ;D...I sell a competitive product to Hot Springs so if anything I should be throwing fuel to the fire..... ;)....but I think if given the chance they will make things right for you and at this time it might not be a new tub.....but hey it just might also..... :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:35:11 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 04:28:04 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 04:28:31 pm »
I still think you ought to set yourself and the spa on fire in front of the store.  That'd be a lot less painful than what the "Customer Service" Squad has planned for you.

The Gulfstream IV should be touching down in Nebraska annnnnnnyyyy moment now.

I have received instructions to intercept should you make a run for Mexico.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 04:37:06 pm »
Term are you the Hot Springs version of the minute man.....

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 04:40:08 pm »
but that's okay.....Term makes me LAUGH!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
RIP C-Rod

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 04:41:33 pm »
Term are you the Hot Springs version of the minute man.....

...I am according to Ol' Meanness.

Actually, more of a problem "eliminator" as opposed to "solver".  Well, moreso of a "creator" than either.

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 04:43:32 pm »
...I am according to Ol' Meanness.

Actually, more of a problem "eliminator" as opposed to "solver".  Well, moreso of a "creator" than either.

Terminator

lol....While I am sure you are her 'minute man" at heart..... ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 04:44:58 pm »
lol....While I am sure you are her 'minute man" at heart..... ;)

...amongst other parts of my anatomy.

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 05:10:55 pm »
...amongst other parts of my anatomy.

Terminator

lol...I thought it....but you said it.... ;)

Anoroc

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 07:01:31 pm »
I hope I do not come across as having no empathy here but the problems you have had seem to be more of a great nuisance type and while being very unfortunate they are in the big picture on the smaller scale. I say this because you have had no structure issues and no leaks nothing that would seem to indicate a poorly built spa but more of component problem.

You know I agree that my issues are not issues such as a leak.  On the other hand each time I have a problem it takes weeks to get any resolution and than I have another problem.  If you look back at another thread (can't remember the title right now) my diverter valve issues started about 1 month ago.  It took three weeks to replace my display shield and about two weeks to even get my spa up in running.

Mendocino- I am paranoid of having additional problems with this spa.  This may not be the most expensive spa out there but believe me it took me several years of hints to my wife before she finally agreed to the purchase.  Needless to say she thinks I made a big mistake.

I appreicate your opinion though.  Sometimes when you are in the middle of something it is hard to see clearly.  In this case I do think I am right!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 07:02:55 pm by anaroc »

Anoroc

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 07:05:33 pm »

Would you consider a replacement Jetsetter?

Yes, I would consider a replacement or pay extra for an upgrade to a bigger spa.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 07:25:21 pm »
I think your problem (and I think I posted this before) are more dealer service related than the spa....I mean you have some real issues but the dealer seems to drop the ball on you... had he taken care of those diverter's in a more timely fashion I am sure you would not be as frustrated as are now....Hot Springs while not being a Marquis..... ;)..... ;)..... ;).....does have a great reputation for taking care of their customers ...so I am sure it will be made right for you....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:37:24 pm by Mendocino101 »

Anoroc

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 07:39:41 pm »
There is a Marquis dealer opeining up in town.  Used to be partners with the caldera dealer than they had a falling out.

I hear he is making good deals to people on the first few spas he orders.  Problem is he doesn't have any service tehcs yet except for himself.

He is quoting my friend on a couple of spas and he should be opening up soon.  It is nice to have options.

As for my situation, I don't think he's taking trade-ins :)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 07:50:23 pm »

Mendocino- I am paranoid of having additional problems with this spa.  This may not be the most expensive spa out there but believe me it took me several years of hints to my wife before she finally agreed to the purchase.  Needless to say she thinks I made a big mistake.

Although I'm not having the problems you are having, my wife feels about our spa the same way. When I told her the good treatment I received from Artesian she said why did I wait so long and she truely believes that I made a mistake with my tub.

I think sometimes you have to make s**t roll downhill and if need be do it. I am patient and when I don't receive the service I think I deserve then I go up the ladder. I've called presidents of corporations a few times due to the garbage people delt me.  I warn them, give them time but if they can't seem to get it right, then I go to the top.

I see Mendo's point and I see your's too. The dealer is definately failing you but at the same time your pissed because your tub is broken. Heck, I get pissed when my jet comes off in my hand!

As I said before, wait until Monday - If things aren't right for you then call HS and complain to the highest person you can talk to ... heck if you get the run around call Masco and speak to their president. Before calling think about what YOU want to resolve YOUR problem. Tell them everything while being calm and NICE - NICE gets you places.

You might be surprised at what happens IF HS is the company everybody touts it to be. Maybe, just maybe your dealer will get wacked in the head with a HS 2x4! ;D

Anoroc

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 07:57:12 pm »

As I said before, wait until Monday - If things aren't right for you then call HS and complain to the highest person you can talk to ...

You might be surprised at what happens IF HS is the company everybody touts it to be. Maybe, just maybe your dealer will get wacked in the head with a HS 2x4! ;D

Thanks Vinny- I will wait.  

By the way, I think in many respects I have been too patient.  I keep letting them know of my frustrations but I am always so nice about it.  

This time I shared my frustration and asked that it be brought to the attention of someone who is capable of making a decision.  At my dealer there does not appear to be anyone on the floor who can make a decison.

Thanks again. ;)

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:59 pm »
You are not unresaonable.  As a dealer, I would get the manufacturer involved immediately and go to bat for you, our mutual customer.  

I would ask for a new spa and want them to take your spa back.

After that, I would not charge you a penny.  It would be reasonable for me to obsorb the costs of delivery and pick-up.  It's the right thing to do!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42