What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!  (Read 97505 times)

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
Re: Am I unreasonable or What?- What would you do?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 01:55:28 am »
I know the control panel shouldn't or wouldn't be a consumer related neglect issue or error, but what about the diverter valve issues? Could this be caused be improper chemical maintenance by a consumer? I'm in no way trying to blame Anoroco of doing something wrong, but there must be a reason why all the diverter valves went bad. Just curious, so as, to keep my tub working fine for many years to come. :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:57:02 am by blizzard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 01:55:28 am »

Anoroc

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006, 09:15:03 am »
I know the control panel shouldn't or wouldn't be a consumer related neglect issue or error, but what about the diverter valve issues? Could this be caused be improper chemical maintenance by a consumer? I'm in no way trying to blame Anoroco of doing something wrong, but there must be a reason why all the diverter valves went bad. Just curious, so as, to keep my tub working fine for many years to come. :)

Good question:  It probably would take longer than 6 months to damage a spa due to poor water maintenance; not sure.

However, this is not the case here.  I test my water every two weeks.  I shock once a week and I maintain required levels of TA and PH.  After each soak I place in about 1 ts of dichlor which gets me to the 4-5 ppr.

Wate is clear and free of foam.  At start up I put in stain and scale and mainitain dose about every two weeks.

My main diverter valve started acting funny durring the first few weeks of ownership.  I asked them to check it out when they were fixining my control box and they said it appeared fine.  I took their word for it but it did not respond the same way as when I first tried it but it did still work.

When one of my smaller diverter valves stopped working the service man came to fix it when I stepped outside he was working on the main diverter valve.  I told him that is not the one I called on.  He said it was sticking so he was going to lubricate it.  After he left both diverter valves were not working.  The third diverter valve started having problems almost immediately.

Not sure of the timeing but it is not a water issue.  I have listened and practiced everyting I have learned from this post and the RH site vermonter method.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:18:09 am by anaroc »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 11:00:38 am »
If a dealer sells a spa with multiple problems (a rarity but occassional reality from HS) why should he have to eat it?  

We sell these products, we do not manufacture them.  Anoroc should be requesting satisfaction from Hot Spring in MHO.

However, Hot Spring wants the dealer to be the middleman in the process.

My advice is document everything and e-mail customer service at Hot Spring.  Keep communication channels open with the dealer.  Tell them you want to work with them to find a solution.  Maybe keep the tub and get an extended warranty.

How big is your dealer?  Do they stock parts?  Your stories about how long it takes to resolve issues would concern me.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 11:21:48 am »
IMHO I feel you have possibly been a little to passive.
I just got my new tub yesterday and If I was having the problems that you are talking about you can bet I would being doing what Term was saying and be at the store causing some stink.
I do think you need to keep a level head about things and after the first problem and long wait on service I would have let them know that I understand there can and may be problems from time to time and people can get busy and take longer than expected to get you service, but after the first time I would start having a major problem with it.
Its not like you purchsed a $100 weedeater that is not working properly, You have spent alot of money on this item which for some can take years to save and lots of planning, and like you said now your wife thinks it was a mistake and I can sempatize with you on that, it is hard enough to convince them at times, then when you finnally do the tub is a lemon.
Even if it is not a structure problem you should be enjoying your tub not having headaches and not getting to use it.
I really hope you get a full trade-in value towards a new tub and it should happen first thing this coming week.
Good luck and I hope you are back in hot water soon.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 11:34:37 am »
There is a Marquis dealer opeining up in town.  Used to be partners with the caldera dealer than they had a falling out.

I hear he is making good deals to people on the first few spas he orders.  Problem is he doesn't have any service tehcs yet except for himself.

He is quoting my friend on a couple of spas and he should be opening up soon.  It is nice to have options.

As for my situation, I don't think he's taking trade-ins :)

I was just teasing about the Marquis....just trying to lighten the mood.... ;D

Anoroc

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 12:12:35 pm »
I was just teasing about the Marquis....just trying to lighten the mood.... ;D

I know you were and I appreciate it. ;D ;D

Anoroc

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2006, 12:16:18 pm »
If a dealer sells a spa with multiple problems (a rarity but occassional reality from HS) why should he have to eat it?  

We sell these products, we do not manufacture them.  Anoroc should be requesting satisfaction from Hot Spring in MHO.

However, Hot Spring wants the dealer to be the middleman in the process.

My advice is document everything and e-mail customer service at Hot Spring.  Keep communication channels open with the dealer.  Tell them you want to work with them to find a solution.  Maybe keep the tub and get an extended warranty.

How big is your dealer?  Do they stock parts?  Your stories about how long it takes to resolve issues would concern me.

I agree, the dealer should be the middle man.  I don't think my dealer stocks too many parts.  I was surprised that they did not have diverter valves in stock.  They said they hardly ever need to replace them.  When I asked for a venturi injector they had to order it as well.  And they did not have control panels in stock either.

As for their size?  The are the only hotspring dealer in my town.  I do believe most of their business is from the pool side of the business (commerical and residential).

shabba34

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2006, 01:25:14 pm »

I agree, the dealer should be the middle man.  I don't think my dealer stocks too many parts.  I was surprised that they did not have diverter valves in stock.  They said they hardly ever need to replace them.  When I asked for a venturi injector they had to order it as well.  And they did not have control panels in stock either.

As for their size?  The are the only hotspring dealer in my town.  I do believe most of their business is from the pool side of the business (commerical and residential).
Where do you live Anoroc?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2006, 02:13:09 pm »

....and post pictures.

Terminator
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:14:10 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2006, 03:35:41 pm »
Problems happen...how they get taken care of is a different story. I would probably handle the situation like rocket said he would but again we as dealers are at the mercy of the factory making the decision so the answer doesn't always come in the time frame you would like.

My personal opinion of spa issues is this...

If you have some problems with your car your going to be frustrated but you expect some failure through the experience of cars being around that long.

If your TV breaks you immediately start thinking of upgrading to the newest and best...you also don't expect the technology to be good for more than a few years on most electronics so after a couple of years you might be disappointed but not raging mad.

Spas are a whole other thing, many people look at it as a big toy. Something everyone wants but they think it really isn't a necessity so it hurts a bit more to empty the savings for.

I've said before...a car is a necessity, furniture you can justify paying more for style and quality in your house, we got over TV's and stereos being just toys years ago and now make them necessary so we feel good about that money but many people feel guilty for buying a spa because they think of it as “just a luxury” so the minuet something goes wrong we say “I knew I shouldn’t have spent my savings on this thing” and our patients for mechanical or electrical failure goes out the door.

I’m not saying that’s what has happened here in fact, I believe that there needs to be something done at a factory level to make you feel better and the dealer needs to make it a priority to make it happen.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2006, 03:37:43 pm »
Hey Term, I thought HotSpring got rid of those heaters!?!?! ;)

Don't let JA get ahold of that picture ;D

Anoroc

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2006, 08:55:14 pm »
Where do you live Anoroc?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...they call it the city of five smells because we have a huge quaker oats facotry in town.

We have a Caldera dealer, a HS dealer, Sundance, QCA, a new Jacuzzi dealer just opened and a Marquis dealer on the way.  Very price sensitive community with highly conservative values.  A mix of blue collar and white collar workforce with just about 121,000 people.  

Great place to live, not so good to visit. :)

Anoroc

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2006, 09:01:18 pm »
Term- I already did this but forgot to take pics.  Can you send me a new one, preferably an 06 model with all the fixins.

....and post pictures.

Terminator

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 11:53:46 pm »
Anoroc, less the problems, how do you like the spa otherwise? If you had to do it all over again, would you go with a larger spa? Good luck with your Jetsetter.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Anoroc

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2006, 09:20:08 am »
Anoroc, less the problems, how do you like the spa otherwise? If you had to do it all over again, would you go with a larger spa? Good luck with your Jetsetter.

I do like the Jetsetter.  My wife was pretty reisistant to spending too much money so this spa seemed to make the most sense.

Between you and my though...A slightly larger spa and deeper would probably be better.  My wife and I are not real thinny minnies more like chunky dunkies :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2006, 09:20:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42