General > Beating a dead horse

Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!

(1/42) > >>

Anoroc:
I just came back from my dealer and I let the sales person know that I am very dissatisfied with my 6-month old spa and that I would like to trade it in.

Since November they have replaced the control board twice, the little display shield that shows the temp settings, and now they have to replace all of my diverter valves (threes small ones and the large main diverter valve).  

I let them know that I received a lemon and although I think HS makes a good spa, in my case it did not.  I asked that they treat me better than the average guy looking for a trade-in because of my specific problems with this tub.

Even the Service manger said it has been nothing but problems from the beginning.

So- am I being reasonable in asking for them trade my spa back in for something else?  In addition- I paid $4900 plus taxes so what is a reasonable amount for a trade in for this 6-month old spa given my circumstances.

The sales person says she will speak to her boss who is in for two hours today and than get back to me.

How would other dealers handle this situation.

Thanks in advance for your comments :'(

drewstar:

--- Quote ---I just came back from my dealer and I let the sales person know that I am very dissatisfied with my 6-month old spa and that I would like to trade it in.

Since November they have replaced the control board twice, the little display shield that shows the temp settings, and now they have to replace all of my diverter valves (threes small ones and the large main diverter valve).  

I let them know that I received a lemon and although I think HS makes a good spa, in my case it did not.  I asked that they treat me better than the average guy looking for a trade-in because of my specific problems with this tub.

Even the Service manger said it has been nothing but problems from the beginning.

So- am I being reasonable in asking for them trade my spa back in for something else?  In addition- I paid $4900 plus taxes so what is a reasonable amount for a trade in for this 6-month old spa given my circumstances.

--- End quote ---

$4900.00

water@104:
if that was me, i would just want a new tub!!!!! you have had it for only 6 months and you have had that much trouble with it, just think what might happen down the road after the warrenty runs out. I would push for a new one. just swap them out.

Snowbird:
The dealer will incur some costs so you should be able to apply whatever you paid for the bad spa towards the purchase of another spa, provided he doesn't jack up the price of the new spa.  That way it is a neutral deal for all concerned except the factory who should get it back and reimburse the dealer.  After all they were the ones who let an inferior product go out the door.

wmccall:

--- Quote ---The sales person says she will speak to her boss who is in for two hours today and than get back to me.
Thanks in advance for your comments :'(
--- End quote ---

Here is one thing I look for in a dealer, regardless of the product. If someone says, I'll get back to you, I expect a call within 24 hours (or a working day) , even if its a sorry,we can't do anything for you call.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version