What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtration in hot tubs  (Read 72024 times)

shabba34

Re: Filtration in hot tubs
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 09:32:07 pm »
The KEY word here is HOPE, you do realize that the circ pump only uses one of those filters and the others are for the "clean up cycles" provided by the other pumps.

You have made a good choice with the Envoy, and you would have made the same good choice with the Marquis, you were just swayed by the hopeful expectation that you have placed in what the "salesman said".  Either way, you could not go wrong, HS just had a more convincing salesperson.  Now if they could only offer price competitive sound systems.  What is it that makes it soo expensive?  I just can not see the cost being so high.
And if he were to have purchased a marquis, he would have been swayed into the theory of the Vortex filtration with the frog system in the HOPE that his water would of been cleaner and clearer.(Fill in 1 of 150 different MFG's ideas of filtration and sanitation.)

FYI:  The extra filters in the HS are definitly not just in there for the ten minute clean cycle as you eluded to.  325sq ft of active filtration takes place while you are using the spa, as opposed to 50 to 100 sq ft of active filtration on other tubs.  Better or worse is for the customer to decide, I'm just trying to clear up a little mis-information for the customers sake. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 09:32:07 pm »

J._McD

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2006, 10:17:25 pm »
And if he were to have purchased a marquis, he would have been swayed into the theory of the Vortex filtration with the frog system in the HOPE that his water would of been cleaner and clearer.(Fill in 1 of 150 different MFG's ideas of filtration and sanitation.)

FYI:  The extra filters in the HS are definitly not just in there for the ten minute clean cycle as you eluded to.  325sq ft of active filtration takes place while you are using the spa, as opposed to 50 to 100 sq ft of active filtration on other tubs.  Better or worse is for the customer to decide, I'm just trying to clear up a little mis-information for the customers sake. ;)

CHILL, do not take this personal, we all understand the other 4 filters are connected to the 2 high head pumps that happen to run the clean up cycle.  What makes you think anyone would over look the fact that ANY time the pumps are on, they are sucking water through the filters.  You seem be be a little touchy.  I am not familiar with the "vortex" concept that you mentioned, could you expand upon it?

FYI, I am certain the "customer" is fully aware the pumps are attached to the other 4 filters.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 10:26:00 pm »
Is it really worth the added cost of all those filters AND all the additional time required to clean them?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

shabba34

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2006, 10:31:58 pm »
CHILL, do not take this personal, we all understand the other 4 filters are connected to the 2 high head pumps that happen to run the clean up cycle.  What makes you think anyone would over look the fact that ANY time the pumps are on, they are sucking water through the filters.  You seem be be a little touchy.  I am not familiar with the "vortex" concept that you mentioned, could you expand upon it?

FYI, I am certain the "customer" is fully aware the pumps are attached to the other 4 filters.
I'm not touchy, just clearing up the misleading comment you had made.
"The circ pump only uses one of those filters and the others are used for the clean up cycles on the other pumps."  That is mis leading.

You are welcome to the marquis website for more info on there filtering... ;)

shabba34

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2006, 10:35:10 pm »
Is it really worth the added cost of all those filters AND all the additional time required to clean them?
10+ years of life expectancy(which we can not attest to yet seeing they have only been on the market for a few years), and cleaned in the [glb]dishwasher[/glb].  Pretty simple... ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:03:40 pm by pkud »

Anoroc

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2006, 10:37:54 pm »
PKUD- I pmed you :D

shabba34

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 10:41:51 pm »
PKUD- I pmed you :D
got it.

salesdvl

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 10:57:08 pm »
10+ years of life expectancy and cleaned in the [glb]dishwasher[/glb].  Pretty simple... ;)

For the record, 10 years of life "expectancy" is more marketing at this point.  Having only been on the market for 2 -3 years, theres isnt any proof that the tri-x will last that long yet.  Maybe they will, but at this point it is just marketing.  and thats OK.
Measure once, cut twice.

shabba34

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2006, 11:05:18 pm »

For the record, 10 years of life "expectancy" is more marketing at this point.  Having only been on the market for 2 -3 years, theres isnt any proof that the tri-x will last that long yet.  Maybe they will, but at this point it is just marketing.  and thats OK.
I fixed my post for you salesdvl. ;)

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2006, 11:10:33 pm »
I bet they have done some reliability analysis and are pretty sure of the 10 year life.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:10:54 pm by marks »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2006, 11:17:24 pm »
I hate to bring this up since it will probably go to the Dead Horse section anyway. Why is HS the only manufacturer to use No-Bypass? I'm not saying it's better or worse. Does HS hold Intellectual Property on this design? I would think at least one other company would grab on to it if it had merit.  ???
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

salesdvl

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2006, 11:18:49 pm »
I fixed my post for you salesdvl. ;)

;)   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2006, 11:20:15 pm »
I bet they have done some reliability analysis and are pretty sure of the 10 year life.

I'm sure they did, but there is only so much you can do to "accellerate" testing.  
Measure once, cut twice.

MarKee

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2006, 03:38:07 am »
Vortex filtration:  Pulling water from 360 degrees around the filter, allowing the filter to be more effective.  If you look at a Marquis filter the whole thing will be dirty, not just a 5" segment common to spas that use wall filtration.  The vortex skimmers allow all Marquis Spas to have 4 corner seating as well.  

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2006, 07:42:13 am »
Not part of my original point but the vortex draw from the surface, not just one or two inches below.  I have never yet had a scum line on my tub - at all.
Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2006, 07:42:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42