What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtration in hot tubs  (Read 71929 times)

Ronald5599

• HS Envoy installed May 5th - Very frustrated
Filtration in hot tubs
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:32:34 pm »
We have ordered a Hot Springs Envoy which should arrive at months end. We had narrowed it down to Hot Springs or Marquis (the Epic). The thing that seemed to do it for us was the 24 hour circulation pump, the five (325 sq.ft.) of filters that can go into the dishwasher, the silver cartridge that goes into one of the filters and the point of not putting in a large amount of chemicals. The Marquis was very nice (I loved the sound system which is too expensive in the Hot Springs unit), but its frog system and two filters without the 24 hour filtration did not seem to produce the same level of cleaning that we hope to see in the Hot Springs. Any input would be greatly appreciated, our tub has still not arrived.  - Ron
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:43:26 pm by Ronald5599 »

Hot Tub Forum

Filtration in hot tubs
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:32:34 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Filtration in hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 02:41:17 pm »
Congratulations and welcome to the board! :)

You chose.........wisely.......

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 03:03:17 pm »
I would wet test both models. The Epic and Envoy are both very good spas. Buy the spa that fits you the best. Don't worry about the water sanitizing systems. Both system are very good.  
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 03:51:29 pm »
Glad to see you made it online.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

shabba34

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 04:09:00 pm »
Glad to see you made it online.
Thanks for your help with that Bill.  Glad to see it too Ron.  Cheers ;)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 05:03:04 pm »
Both work very well.....The wet test is the best way to decide....something to remember when filtering with the circ pump I think the filter is 30sq ft and that is the only one the water is being pulled though until you turn on the jet pumps, If I am wrong I am sure one the Hot Springs guys will correct me. In the end both work very well and you will not be make a bad choice with either one.

shabba34

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 05:56:02 pm »
Both work very well.....The wet test is the best way to decide....something to remember when filtering with the circ pump I think the filter is 30sq ft and that is the only one the water is being pulled though until you turn on the jet pumps, If I am wrong I am sure one the Hot Springs guys will correct me. In the end both work very well and you will not be make a bad choice with either one.
Tri-X filter= 65sq ft. ;)  Had to Mendo ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 06:13:33 pm »
No worries is that the standard filter ?

shabba34

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 06:15:55 pm »
No worries is that the standard filter ?
It is on the Envoy yes.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 10:20:34 pm »
It is on the Envoy yes.

pkud...don't educate the competition! :) ;) :D ;D ::)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Ronald5599

• HS Envoy installed May 5th - Very frustrated
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 11:58:40 pm »
Phil and Bill: If you didn't see in my other post, thanks.

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 12:15:07 am »
If you want to take it down to the total gallons per day filtered, Marquis has Hotspring beat using filtration cycles.  When Marquis had a circ. pump it was the number one warranteed item.  When you watch a Hotspring filter water, watch the surface movement of the water.  Usually you only see movement in 1/4 of the tub.  When Marquis uses the jet pumps to filter, you will see water movement across the spa, meaning oil, hair, skin, other debris is being pulled out.  You also have no bottom filtration in the Hotspring, it only pulls from the top where the filter gate is.  You get 4 corner seating in the Epic, where 1 corner of the spa in the Envoy is taken up by the wall filter.  Both brands are solid, you'll be happy with either one, but I hope you have wet tested both units.  

MarKee

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 12:23:27 am »
One more big thing, warranty.  You have 2 more years on plumbing in a Marquis, 2 more years on the Marquis DuraWood cabinet which covers fading and warping.  Hotspring specifically covers only the cabinet's structural integrity.  All the small stuff is at least 3 years on the Marquis such as an ozonator, usually only 1 year on a Hotspring.  To top it off, Marquis has a transferrable warranty that can help when selling your house or the spa.  Also, check out the Hotspring warranty on their pillows :)

Vanguard

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006, 12:43:16 am »
MarKee is pretty much trying to escape the fact that Hot Spring is the only company with 100% NO BYPASS filtration.  The argument that there is no bottom filtration does not work in swimming pools with no bottom drain and it does not work here.  All the water will be filtered and clean.  I am not going to say you won't get clean water with a Marquis, but sorry, MarKee, your argument is lame.  You can't have as much pump as any hot tub out there and not at least have all the water circulated in a short amount of time.  All the jets insure that water is moving all throughout the tub.  Just remember, all the water circulating in a Hot Spring is going through a filter first.  When you are in the water, it will remain the cleanest.  

If you really want to get too much information, go the section on beating a dead horse.  All of this is pretty much covered there ad nauseum.

The Envoy is the number one selling spa for Hot Spring.  It got there because it is a great spa.  No matter where you get into the spa, you will enjoy it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 12:44:33 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 01:55:06 am »
If a little circ pump is moving 5 gallons a minute with 100% filtration, and a jet pump is moving 20 gallons a minute with only 25% filtration, which is filtering more water?

Come on guys, all the water coming out is simply diluting the main body of dirty water in the spa. They all work! If one was really that much better wouldn't everyone be doing it the same?

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 01:55:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42