What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Hot Tub for leg's massage  (Read 19671 times)

Pi

Re: Best Hot Tub for leg's massage
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 05:56:25 pm »
This may sound silly, but I am really happy I joined this forum. You are all really helpful :D Thanks

I have tried the Tucson but didn't think it was that good as I am rather short (5 feet 6") and the seat was quite deep. I had the same problem with the artics.... :(

I have now also located my local dealers for D1 and Sundance and I will contact them to wet test their models.

I will let you know what happens. I feel like I will be a lot more "hot tub" knowledgeable by the end of the weekend....although I probably won't be  :P

If you can think of anything else, please let me know. Perhaps one day I will be able to help others with my "newly acquired knowledge"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 05:56:25 pm »

Pi

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »
I tried that but I am a cyclist and I need hamstrings, IT band and gluts massaging (no jokes, please  :))

I'm 7 weeks from my first full marathon and I've had Sciatic issues, there will be no jokes from me.

I got off my bike to run a marathon a couple of years ago, I thought it would affect my knees but it didn't. Instead, it killed my hips!! I couldn't walk properly for a few days after.....But I am glad I did it. It was a great experience  ;)

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 11:52:28 am »
sounds like you are on your way , Let us know how the visits to the D1 dealer and the Sundance dealer go.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 04:27:57 pm »
I have found that for leg massage, it isn't always a good thing to have the jets right in the leg troughs of the lounger. They hit two or three spots then, and it is hard to move to get them to hit other parts. Also, they don't do glut muscles well.

I like one or two massive jets right down by my feet. That way I can easily move my foot up at down - flexing at the knee - and the jet impact point glides up and down my calf as far as I want it to.

For the really large muscles of the upper legs, I again like a large jet, but this time in the seat back or on the floor in a way which makes it easy to march that impact point up and down, covering the most 'ground' with the least movement on my part.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Pi

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:56 am »
 Reedmerhalley,

Could you please write that again? I don't know about the rest of the forum users but all I get on screen is a lot of symbols and meaningless characters.....

Thanks!

Pi

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 06:32:55 am »
The result of a whole weekend of hot tub testing of the models you suggested is as follows:

The Jacuzzy was very nice, but I am too short to get the full benefit of the lounger.
The D1 dealer was on holiday and so they were closed for business :-(
Hotsprings....they are good (tried a few and liked them all!!)....I like them!! They are also offering a really good deal and the local dealer is very ice and has been in business for a long time
Artic are all too big for me. I am sure if I was taller, I might like them. As it is, I like to keep my head above water :-)
And finally while at Artic, I tried Coyote and I found that their Santa Fe model was good for leg massage. But being a lesser brand, they want $12,200 for it (basic model, no TV).

I didn't get to try the Artesian or the Catalinas.....

So, I think I might go for the Hotsprings.......???

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 07:10:48 am »
Reedmerhalley,

Could you please write that again? I don't know about the rest of the forum users but all I get on screen is a lot of symbols and meaningless characters.....

Thanks!

THat was a forum spammer, not sure myself what it was, but it contained links to some other website.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spalady

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »
How about the Hot Spring Aria? It has won Consumers Digest Best Buy 2 times and has leg jets.
don’t be afraid to use your seats in ‘odd’ ways. Leg jets are not the most requested and you might have to get creative. Please just do not buy a spa based on one feature. There are too many other things that will become super important to you over the years:
warranty, energy efficiency, ease of use, low maintenance, availability of parts and service are paramount.
Good tubbing.
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:08 am »

don’t be afraid to use your seats in ‘odd’ ways. Leg jets are not the most requested and you might have to get creative.

Exactly right. I may have said it earlier, but this is one advantage of having 2 people in a 6 person spa, your not limited to the pre-determined seats.  My daughter when she lived with us would sit backwards in the lounger because she is shorter and the two foot jets would hit her right in the lower back where she would get cramps.  I sit on the floor of my tub and use the foot jets to get to my lower back or kneel in front of it so it gets my thighs.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42