What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Those with home show questions...Heres your sign!!  (Read 61582 times)

J._McD

Re: Those with home show questions...Heres your si
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2006, 09:25:31 pm »

The fact is we sat in three wet SD models.  Max, Optima, and Bahia.  The folks at SD were even so kind as to offer her a water filled pillow to help keep her from drowning.............The fact is we wet tested models from SD, HotSprings, Jacuzzi, Arctic, Caldera, Master, D1 and a friends CalSpa.  After which we decided on the Arctic.  I'd say that should clear up any misconceptions of how much work we put into selecting a spa.  

How diligent of you, but the point is how much work others put in to your efforts to water test all of those spas.  I would certainly hope that you at least thanked them for their interest and efforts, as many don't even think to do so.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2006, 09:25:31 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2006, 09:26:39 pm »
Yeah, I just read it, lol, what do I care? I'm a salesman, I make money by selling things, not by making friends and having a chat. I don't sell, I dont eat, and God knows I LOVE to eat!

Be careful Wisoki, I posted a scarcastic message regarding the dealings with customers at a show, and my ethics and morals as a business owner were questioned.  ::)  God forbid someone have a little fun around here.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2006, 10:47:32 pm »
How diligent of you, but the point is how much work others put in to your efforts to water test all of those spas.  I would certainly hope that you at least thanked them for their interest and efforts, as many don't even think to do so.

Actually, I appreciated and acknowledged everyone's hospitality at each location.  While there were a couple of rotten eggs in the bunch, the others were quite pleasant and accomodating (although we never did have to do an after hours test) and the overall experience was a positive one.  I would also say most appreciated talking with a person who had done up front research and had an idea for what they were looking.  There were no "where is this spa made" questions.  
Although I did on occasion check if anyone else did have DAITT ;D

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2006, 06:18:07 am »
I get that question EVERY day. We have a local manufacturer here, and apparently their number one selling point is that ther spas are assembled here in Indy. Quite funny actually!

There were no "where is this spa made" questions.  

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2006, 09:56:48 am »
I get that question EVERY day. We have a local manufacturer here, and apparently their number one selling point is that ther spas are assembled here in Indy. Quite funny actually!

I dont get why that is a issue with dealers.?. It seems simple to answer, give the benefit of your location, and then move on to your presentation. In our sales process we get asked the same questions by different customers all the time. I must be missing something about that recurring question

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2006, 10:32:47 am »
Because customers pose the question as if to imply if your spa is not built in a place to their likiing then it must not be worth the ammount you are asking or any price, for that matter.

I dont get why that is a issue with dealers.?. It seems simple to answer, give the benefit of your location, and then move on to your presentation. In our sales process we get asked the same questions by different customers all the time. I must be missing something about that recurring question

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2006, 10:36:16 am »

Why is it funny? I think I missed the point?
07 Caldera Geneva

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2006, 10:53:31 am »
It is a funny question because, it makes absolutly ZERO difference where your spa is built so long as it is a quality product. What difference will it make if your spa is built in San Diego, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Des Moins, or a city in Canada if the manufacturer uses cheap parts. None. That is why it is a funny question. Now, I could have said stupid question, but I didn't I said funny question.

Why is it funny? I think I missed the point?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2006, 10:59:44 am »
It is a funny question because, it makes absolutly ZERO difference where your spa is built so long as it is a quality product. What difference will it make if your spa is built in San Diego, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Des Moins, or a city in Canada if the manufacturer uses cheap parts. None. That is why it is a funny question. Now, I could have said stupid question, but I didn't I said funny question.

I wasn't sure if you ment "Funny" as in "ha ha That's a funny joke" or Funny as in "Odd. Terms feet sure do smell funny", or given the tone lately around here, I could see some folks giving me the "Funny? Funny how, like a clown? Do I ammuse you? Do I make you laugh? Blam! Blam! Ozinator up the butt!"

I took it as if they were going to buy a hot tub, they'd see value in supporting local industry. And as someone else mentioned,  Location does affect cost.  And if they ask, it maybe that they are curious, or it's something that's important to them.    I don't think it makes "ZEROE" Difference, espcially if they ask.

;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 11:07:47 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2006, 11:01:50 am »
Terms feet sure do smell funny
 ;)

Hmmm....you're the second person who's told me that today.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2006, 11:17:14 am »

A hackle is the feathers in the back (?) of a chicken's neck ... they use these feathers for fly fishing "flies".

Wow, I never even knew chickens knew how to fly fish...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2006, 11:26:07 am »

Wow, I never even knew chickens knew how to fly fish...

You should see them cast. They wind they necks back and "Flingggggggggggggg"!!!!!!! Craziest thing I've ever seen. Of course they have a heck of a time reeling the fish in!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

J._McD

« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2006, 11:31:33 am »
Is the question "funny ha-ha" or "funny peculiar".

When you get a "funny peculiar" question, it calls for an answer.  If you don't answer the consumer, it immediately tells them that you are being evasive.  If you answer it directly and honestly, it turns a switch of in their mind and they go to the next question.  The customer is not helping you and you are not helping the customer.  But, typically, this shopper is smarter than the average bear.

The only problem is, when that switch gets turned off, he didn't really get the truth, but he got his answer.  If some local maker wants to give all the reasons why buying local or north of the border, and it make sense to him, he could talk to Americas Bet Hot Tub and because it is made elsewhere it dosen't qualify to his logical standards.  He doesn't want an explanation, he wants the location, decision made.

The same is true about price, "How much is this one right here", you tell the person and the switch turns of, decision made.  Maybe they want or don't want some of the optional features he can choose from included or not included, but if you counter with, "how much do you want to spend", the discussion is over and he walks out.

There is definitly an art to selling and it is called psychology.  It is all about the way the mind works, and who believes what.  That is why East Tx spent 3 full days in a selling seminar on how to sell when, presumeably he already knows how to sell.  Are you aware that people will put more credibility on what they read in a sign, than what the salesperson says.  Why is that, when the sign tells a lie? ???

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2006, 11:32:49 am »
Ozinator up the butt!"

I laughed out loud at this comment Drew. This week has been unique

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2006, 12:25:48 pm »
Amen to that!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2006, 12:25:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42