General > Beating a dead horse

Those with home show questions...Heres your sign!!

<< < (2/27) > >>

meriflower:
Too funny!!   ;D

Brewman:

--- Quote ---We just finished a Home show....

--- End quote ---

That certainly explains the rant post from yesterday!
Aint we consumers a peach?

Steve:
Wanna know why I got out of retail? Read this and Stu's "ranting" thread... ;)

I found myself becoming more confrontational and less productive. It was the best move I ever made personally. Home shows were the worst and though I still attend them with my dealers, I can tolerate them knowing I'm the not the primary salesperson anymore.

A couple of things have to happen Stu. I know consumers have become more hostile for the most part so it's not just you but you need to let your business work for you and not such much you working for your business. Remove yourself from situations that cause stress and allow your manager to deal with this more. This may mean not attending the full shows but your mental health takes priority right? There’s no shame in doing that as you’ve done your time and you need to empower others to deal with this primarily.

If that doesn't make sense to ya…I hear Hawaii calling… ;)

Steve

anne:
My first thought when I read this was "oh boy, he needs a vacation" (Good call, Steve) I'm hearing Cozumel, not Hawaii calling, but ANYWHERE will do, yes?

And am I the only one who finds Stuart's post and Term's choice of Pic-o-the day IRONIC? (Nice comment on the bikini clad window model, Drew)

spahappy:
Sorry to hear about your weekend show Stuart. I have to admit I love shows. We do two a year and the first one is the biggest and it's this comming weekend.

I work for a company with 7 women salespeople. I worry less about the competition at a show than my coworkers LOL. We joke that if we trip and fall we'll have footprints on our back from the other girls trying to get to the customer.

I've always loved the energy that a show brings to the start of the building season. I feel that shows are an excellent place to create new blood. They force you to be on your game and to sharpen your knowledge.

The people in North Dakota are very friendly but every once in awhile I work with someone who pushes my buttons.

One thing I started doing a few years ago really helped me qualify a buyer from a looker. I ask, so have you been shopping for spas for awhile or are you just starting? I'll ask where are putting the spa, inside or ouside? and what brands have you looked at and what did you liked about that brand.

These are general questions and if they say... Well we've been looking on and off for years. Or, we really don't have a place for a spa, but we love to come to the shows to see whats new. Or we're really sold on brand X but wanted to see if you could beat their price. I'm always polite and I'll spend a small amount of time with them and give them a brochure with my card on it. I'll let them know where our store is and that they really should wet test any spa that their interested in, and then cut them loose.

Time is money at a show and it's all about numbers. The more people you talk to the better chance you have of selling something.   ;) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version