What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Those with home show questions...Heres your sign!!  (Read 61011 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Those with home show questions...Heres your si
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 09:49:16 am »
Again...Where did I "trash talk" anyone? My initial post was one what I heard over and over again at the home show.

Just about anyone that has worked a show knows what it means when the first words out of a customer’s mouth are "Where are these spas made?"

We have ads on the radio on a weekly basis with the local HS Company saying that you don't need chemicals in their spa....

As consumers would you rather I join the fray and come up with a deceptive pitch to counter? You should be happy that those things bother me and that I take jabs at them.  ???

I'm the guy that asks the car next to me to turn their stereo down because it's irritating me and everyone else at the intersection. I'm that guy that will speak up if I'm in a non-smoking area and someone smokes. I give my seat to a woman that is standing and expect others to do the same. I will tell you to take your hat off in respect to my flag during the pledge of allegiance.

If that makes me a redneck then so be it...I will be proud of that.

We have created poor customer service as nation with our lack of speaking up. You don't want to be confrontational at a restaurant with poor service so when the cashier as "How was everything?" you just say, "Fine" and silently vow to never come back...I they don't hear it they wont fix it! How often do you walk past young kids smoking or doing something wrong and ignore it because "it's not your problem" and "it's not your kids"

Come on! If people are not selling on the merits of their product and company, say something! It will only make them better. If you care so much for a brand wouldn't you want them to get better at selling it? Do you enjoy the constant battle?

Drew,
Bill Engval did “Here’s your sign”

Term,
PM me before the Master Spa extravaganza and I will give you some info…
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:30:37 am by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 09:49:16 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 10:07:05 am »
that would be Ron "tater salad" White.  I man I presonally can relate with.   ;D

"Here's your sign"  Is  of course,  Jeff Foxworthy.

Correction--that would be Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" routine.....and a damn funny one, too! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 10:36:17 am »
Correction--that would be Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" routine.....and a damn funny one, too! 8)

Thanks dog.    :)

Guess, I need to wear my sign today.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 10:59:27 am »
most who come in have very little idea about what makes a spa worthy of the investment and depending and who and what they want to beleive....a quick example....we lost a sale to another dealer....lower price....a few months later the customers are back at our place looking for help.... it was spa/ gazebo package they bought...when I asked what the trouble was it was that they could not get the cover off their spa.....turns out the other "deal" was cheaper because the gazebo was to small for the spa....it fit inside but left to room for clearance for a lift and it made using the spa very diffcult.....it really opened my eyes as just how low some will go to make a supposed deal....I am speaking of the other dealer....anyway......I appreciate those contribute here to this board both from the dealers and consumers and again I say Thank you to you all....... :D

I was just wondering has any other dealers come across this before..or consumers how would you feel....I ask for others opinions because for me it was very eye opening.....You want to try and keep on a white hat....but when the guys around you are doing this type of thing.....how do you with creditability get this across to your customer without being the bad mouthing one......

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 11:27:43 am »
Mendo, I consider myself an educated consumer. There are very few things that I buy that I don't investigate and try to seek first hand opinions on. When my friends decide to buy things, they will ususally ask me because if I have what they want, I have done my homework before I bought it.  This forum was the single most meaningful source of information in my hot tub purchase. on here we can ask stupid questions over and over and someone will be patient and help out.  It is a totally different story when you are face to face and maybe someone is saying this deal is only good for today. Yeah yeah it has a good filter, uses less chemicals than brand X, but Leave your deposit today or you won't get this price ever again. ..I'll throw in 2 years worth of chemicals..Some people enjoy  shopping like that, they are looking for deals, but not necessarily quality. If someone at a show or anywhere else said that to me, I would run. I need to think...There are customers out there who realize it is not all about the dollars, you do have to look deeper. There are many people who bend to the pressure and have terrible buyer remorse afterward. And others like the customer you are talking about, that gets shafted because of their own ignorance. I can bet that by helping this person, you will gain many more sales to more than make up for the one that you lost. I really think word of mouth, when it is positive, is your best friend. You really don't need to say anything in this case, the other dealer
has shown his true colors, let his stupidity speak for itself!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 11:41:58 am »

Don't I know it. I saw them at a show and decided to check them out and the salesperson kept going on about how great their regional sales reps were and I was like "don't try to sell me swamp land, I know one of those MYTGEWFYCLEWS".

I have no idea what you wrote but I rest my case! ;)

I have no clue what that is but I bet Steve is one of those..... ;) ;D

Well...I was but I'm on meds now... :P

Steve

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 11:52:11 am »
Bubba Stu...

Don't get the blues, brother...  Take that wolfman body of yours and hit the TUB!

BTW, just a thought, why not try selling spas at healthcare products or construction trade shows? Ya get a LOT of end users at those shows who CAN afford them and I guarantee if you show up with a working tub, a bunch of swimsuits and some fine looking sales "associates" demonstrating proper hot tub etiquette, WELL, you get the idea...

PS, my Artesian is STILL working fine.

Peace and Hot Water...

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 12:19:06 pm »
Whatever you do, DO NOT EXHIBIT SPAS AT THE SENIOR EXPO!!!

I made that mistake last year and will never repeat it.  Busload after fussload of angry, bitter, scared folks who love to dump all over the hot tub parade.

"Who would take care of it for me?"
"I'd probably drown in one of those infernal contraptions!"
"How on earth would I get in and out?"
"I would never let anyone see me in a bathing suit!"
"Bathing in public is a sin."

I finally got so fed up, I told this one old geezer why didn't he just go on over to the Lakeview Memorial Cemetary booth and get on their waiting list.  He called me a rude sumbitch and walked off.  I did see him over in that direction later in the day.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hymbaw

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 12:50:55 pm »
Looks like its time to rant...so here I go.

All spas ARE NOT created equal!!!

I sell Sundance. If a customer brings up other QUALITY brands i.e. Hot Spring, Marquis, Jacuzzi Premium, D-1, etc....I will tell them that they are good tubs and then explain the benefits that a Sundance has. But don't expect me to reaffirm your attraction to a spa because "It has cool lights around the waterline"

I'm getting sick of people on this forum suggesting that the only thing that matters is the wet test.

What if Costco had one wet for me to try and I was comfortable in it.....it's still a piece of crap!! Narrow your choices according to quality, dealer, and budget (in that order!) then wet test.

The ONLY reason some manufacturers use TP.......FOAM COSTS $$$$$!!!!!

The ONLY reason some manufacturers don't use circ pumps.........PUMPS COST $$$$$$!!!!!

When you see my home show price is $500 off the regular price and my competitor has his marked down $4000 someone is lying, and it ain't me!

If you go to a home show and are just curious, tell the salesman that FIRST. I know that I would be more than happy to answer your questions if I had the time. IF!

Stuart, your posts recently have been dead on. Keep it up.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 12:57:39 pm »
Some of these replies want me to avoid the whole Hot tub area of my home show.

07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2006, 01:03:46 pm »
We have ads on the radio on a weekly basis with the local HS Company saying that you don't need chemicals in their spa....

I have had HotSpring tubs for two decades and I have never put chems in them. I have my wife or kids do it.

But seriously, HotSpring doesn't condone telling people that their tubs will not need any chems. They do, however, train us to say, "with the Freshwater III System you can soak chlorine free."

Which is true: you SOAK chlorine free - and shock with MPS or you can do a Chlorine shock but just wait a day to get back into the tub.

Some of my customers were not hearing me right, so I have ammended the way I say it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 01:09:03 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2006, 01:06:44 pm »
I wish you many returns from your efforts at the show, who knows maybe that huge "be back bus" will pull up in front of your store. I hope so,  God Bless!

-SpaMan~
-SpaMan~

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2006, 01:38:46 pm »
Looks like its time to rant...so here I go.
All spas ARE NOT created equal!!!
I sell Sundance.

And I bet you don't care if I don't like Sundance. That's how it is spose to work.
Retired

hymbaw

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2006, 03:21:07 pm »
To each his own I suppose. :)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2006, 04:24:38 pm »
The ONLY reason some manufacturers use TP.......FOAM COSTS $$$$$!!!!!

There are other reasons to use tp....I'll not recite them since this has been so thoroughly beaten to death.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2006, 04:24:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42