What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: By-pass Filtration  (Read 74523 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: By-pass Filtration
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 02:47:26 pm »

Really?  Where?

Terminator

Just put down the koolaid and I'll tell you. ;D ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 02:47:26 pm »

shabba34

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 02:53:53 pm »

I loved the drawing (Term don't give up the day job)

If you or anyone can give me one once of proof that Hotsprings heaters, pumps, ozones, and other vital equipment have a lower failure rate due to no bypass filtration than please post it.
I can't.  I was just clarifying the details of the diagram.  I could never justify such a blanket statement.  Touchy???

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 02:56:30 pm »
If you or anyone can give me one once of proof that Hotsprings heaters, pumps, ozones, and other vital equipment have a lower failure rate due to no bypass filtration than please post it.

I don't believe that information exists.  At your request, I did go back and look over an older post regarding this same issue.  I made the statement that our company (East Texas Spa) had only had to replace 8 jet pumps in 21 years.  Good ol' JMcD was astounded and even figured out our failure rate was about .002% or something like that.  Chas admitted he had replaced maybe 6 pumps in 20 years and Guzz had replaced about 2 in 9 years.  That ain't too shabby. ;D

Do ya'll see the same type longevity with yours?  I hope so.  It's a shame when the customers' spas end up not lasting 20 years or more.  We (HS dealers) seem to have those in abundance.  I always imagined it was the 100% No-Bypass Filtration that had a lot to do with it, but it might be because of other factors.  I just don't know for sure.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2006, 02:58:51 pm »
I can't.  I was just clarifying the details of the diagram.  I could never justify such a blanket statement.  Touchy???

No dealer on this board can,  regardless of Brand.  It's a false challange.

Anyhow,
So there is no benift to having the water filtered before it is propelled through the plumbing and out the jets?

07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 03:04:17 pm »

No dealer on this board can,  regardless of Brand.  It's a false challange.

Anyhow,
So there is no benift to having the water filtered before it is propelled through the plumbing and out the jets?

To each his/her own.  Logical thinking would suggest that there is a benefit.  Most concern has to do with water chemistry however.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2006, 03:04:25 pm »
Anyhow,

I guess not, according to everyone on here that doesn't sell a spa that does filter all the water. :-[

Oh, well.  To each his or her own.

Terminator

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2006, 03:11:54 pm »
This is a great (funny) thread ;D...I've never been hit by a high speed toenail as it's propelled through a jet, but it doesn't sound like fun.  On the other hand, I don't cut my toenails in the tub.  I've never been disgusted by 1000's of hairs floating by me as I soak.  Shut off jets and water is crystal clear just as when I got in once the aeration clears (I guess the hairs could be stuck in the pumps? ;)).  I would hope that a few hairs don't cause my pump to fail.  Centrifugal pumps are capable of handling some solids as there are relatively large internal clearances (not that I would expect solids to be in my tub anyway).  The only thing I'm worried about when soaking is safe water (i.e. bacteria free) and the sanitizer is what deals with that issue.  My $.02

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2006, 03:16:52 pm »
This is a great (funny) thread ;D

DAMMIT, THIS AIN'T NO FUNNY BUSINESS!!!! >:( >:( >:(

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT HOT TUBS ON THE INTERNET, IT DOESN'T GET ANY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS!!!

THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH!  DON'T YOU GET IT!!!!!!!! ::)

Terminator

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2006, 03:21:59 pm »
DAMMIT, THIS AIN'T NO FUNNY BUSINESS!!!! >:( >:( >:(

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT HOT TUBS ON THE INTERNET, IT DOESN'T GET ANY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS!!!

THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH!  DON'T YOU GET IT!!!!!!!! ::)

Terminator

you can shout all you want as long as you don't tell me to put a circ pump where it shouldn't be...lol  ::)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2006, 03:22:27 pm »
So in our vast knowledge combined, what would be the relationship to pump longevity (and other spa componants such as heater, pump seals, etc.) when considering the 2 aspects in question?

Failure due to improper watercare    ____ %
Failure due to industry std filtration   ____ %

I'll start with my best guess based on experience...

Failure due to improper watercare      99 %
Failure due to industry std filtration      1 %

Which in turn makes my 5% comment earlier a very high guess to the importance of it.

I do like the marketing aspect of it. It's the same reason Beachcomber makes Protec,  Hydropool makes self clean, Arctic makes perimeter lock and so on...

It's the same reason why I could go on about the advantages of self clean and the benefits of pressurized filtration in a sales presentation...It's the reason why I sold a boat load of Beachcomber's back in the day...

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2006, 03:27:21 pm »
Running the pumps through the filter is necessary if you only use a 5-10gpm pump for normal filtration.  
Easy now - if your tub ran no-bypass whenever the jets were turned on, it might be able to stay clean and safe with less (power consuming) circ pumps like HS...

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2006, 03:29:29 pm »
You talking to me?

If so, I wouldn't even venture a guesstimate.

We (East Texas Spa) have stayed with one product for 21 years now.  We have had great success with that product.  We have had very few failure rates with our jet pumps.  If others are having as great a success as us, that's wonderful and bodes well for our industry.  If others are having less success with their spas, I am sorry for them and their customers.

That's about it. :)

Terminator

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2006, 03:32:15 pm »
LOL!!!!!

Hate to break it to you Term but there are some parts of the country where Hotsprings doesn't have the market share.

Thats good because if you guys got all of it, you'd be on here by yourself. ;)

Really? Where?

Chasinator
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2006, 03:36:52 pm »
So in our vast knowledge combined, what would be the relationship to pump longevity (and other spa componants such as heater, pump seals, etc.) when considering the 2 aspects in question?

Failure due to improper watercare    ____ %
Failure due to industry std filtration   ____ %

I'll start with my best guess based on experience...

Failure due to improper watercare      99 %
Failure due to industry std filtration      1 %

Which in turn makes my 5% comment earlier a very high guess to the importance of it.

I do like the marketing aspect of it. It's the same reason Beachcomber makes Protec,  Hydropool makes self clean, Arctic makes perimeter lock and so on...

It's the same reason why I could go on about the advantages of self clean and the benefits of pressurized filtration in a sales presentation...It's the reason why I sold a boat load of Beachcomber's back in the day...

Steve

Does this mean that HS owners are a lot better at water maint.? This post says 99% of failure is because of improper water care and HS dealers say they have very low pump failure :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: By-pass Filtrati
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 03:41:21 pm »
Does this mean that HS owners are a lot better at water maint.? This post says 99% of failure is because of improper water care and HS dealers say they have very low pump failure :)

I took it ashe was saying  improper water care and filtration make up 100% of the pump failures.    :-/

« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 03:51:23 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Re: By-pass Filtrati
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 03:41:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42