What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: By-pass Filtration  (Read 74270 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: By-pass Filtration
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2006, 12:59:47 pm »
I don't care how you clean your filter, I care how I clean mine.

I don't care if you have 100% no by pass filtration, my water is clean.

I don't care if you are TP or FF, I pay my energy bills because they are mine, now you pay yours.

I don't care too much about any of you...
That's all well and good. But, if I may ask - if you truly don't care about any of this, why do you have full-page rant in the middle of a thread with the TOPIC - By-pass Filtration?

It would appear you care very much about all this.

And other than you, I truly don't see many folks knocking the various systems. As you say - they all work.

HS doesn't draw unfiltered water into the plumbing. Simple statement, and it contains no words such as "Better, Best, " or similar.

Sundance puts a larger circ pump on some of it's high-end models. They move a bunch of water, though nobody including SD claims it costs the same to do so. Their jet pumps have NO filtration on those models, but you don't really need it when the filter system is so powerful. The rest of their models use a bypass system where part of the water goes through the jet pumps unfiltered.

That's all we are saying! Two different ways (Actually three) to get to the same end.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2006, 12:59:47 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2006, 01:14:44 pm »
You're right Chas.  I went back and re-read the entire thread and that rant was what started the downturn in the civil discussion we were having.  Some folks seem to like to be instigators. :(

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:08:33 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2006, 01:21:33 pm »

Are you arguing with me ?  ;)

Yes, the quote is offensive, but not directed at anyone here. I will remove it if people are upset by it.

Nope....definitely not arguing with you.....this time. ;)  I just felt like the quote is not worth repeating because of its reference to special olympics and the people who participate in them.  No harm, no foul.....just my opinion.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2006, 03:07:30 pm »
I JUST read all this......and.....YIKES.....can we get back to the cool diagramage that Term made, and discuss the pros and cons of filtering buggers, spermies and bottles out of the system?   ;D
Here's one for ya....I've got a Hoover Wind Tunnel vacuum. It's the bagless variety with something like 3 different filters.....their sales pitch partly revolved around the dirt that gets sucked up into the vac NOT going thru the motor (or fan or some other important sucky part) but being bypassed, so all that crap doesn't damage the motor and fan components...so they're saying that keeping the junk away is a GOOD thing, and the vacuum still sucks...  ::) And yes.....it's sucked up so much cat hair, dog hair, toenails, hair, etc, etc ICK...that I'd hate to think of clogging the system up prematurely by NOT having it bypassed......
So I think, that in MHO....I'd just as soon have the HS filtering to keep the "little extras" out of the plumbing, because of the "ounce of prevention" theory, if nothing else.
I don't have a groovy diagram to post......but I'll leave you with this:
RIP C-Rod

cappykat

« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2006, 03:47:37 pm »
D**n, I haven't read this but noticed the number of pages.  I think it's a record!!
2005 Marquis Epic

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2006, 03:47:37 pm »
That's all well and good. But, if I may ask - if you truly don't care about any of this, why do you have full-page rant in the middle of a thread with the TOPIC - By-pass Filtration?

And other than you, I truly don't see many folks knocking the various systems. As you say - they all work.

HS doesn't draw unfiltered water into the plumbing. Simple statement, and it contains no words such as "Better, Best, " or similar.

Sundance puts a larger circ pump on some of it's high-end models. They move a bunch of water, though nobody including SD claims it costs the same to do so. Their jet pumps have NO filtration on those models, but you don't really need it when the filter system is so powerful. The rest of their models use a bypass system where part of the water goes through the jet pumps unfiltered.

That's all we are saying! Two different ways (Actually three) to get to the same end.

VERY well said.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2006, 03:56:24 pm »

AGREED and well spoken

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2006, 04:39:52 pm »
I can't help but get a chuckle out of all of this...
Not in a funny HAHA sort of way either but by the fact there was 11+ pages on one feature that shouldn't be the basis of a buying decision. How does this differ from FF or TP? It doesn't...

The reality is that 90% of the prospects looking at spas buy off of less than 10% of the features. We bang our heads against the wall selling our features when in reality, people just want to know if it's as relaxing and soothing as we say it is. It's hot water, jets and a pump or 3.

It's time we stand back and look at this posturing and realize most are only trying to convince themselves of the benefits of any ONE feature.

That being said, the real reality is that 99% of us have limited in-depth knowledge of most of other manufacturers nor have taken the time to fully understand their concepts. Most here have been with one manufacturer for a very long time and it's not hard to become brainwashed into thinking it's the ONLY way to do things... Take it from me...It took me a long time to see that as I too was brainwashed into thinking the same thing. It's human nature so I don't fault anyone because of it.

If you're reading this behemoth thread trying to gain knowledge into spa shopping and what's really important, I feel very sorry for.

Nuff said...

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2006, 05:05:09 pm »
It is funny but you might be surprised.  Had a fella come in yesterday that was set to buy a Brand X spa down the road.

When he asked the guy if this was the best spa made, the salesman replied, "Well, HotSpring's are the best, but we're the second best."  The customer was shocked to hear this and came down to see "the best".

After I explained the benefits of our spas (yes, including the 100% No-bypass filtration), he asked me "What do you think about Brand X Spas?"

I answered, "They're fine spas and you'd probably be very happy if you owned one."

He replied, "I'm glad to hear you say that.  I really like that you guys filter 100% of the water and that is something I'd like my spa to do."

I replied "Well, sir, it looks like you'll be buying a HotSpring because we're the only ones that do."

So, he bought a 2006 Sovereign with Sterling Marble shell and Coastal Gray cabinet.

Point #1: Never say your competition is better than you.

Point #2: Exclusive features really do make a difference, sometimes.  Not always, but sometimes.

Merry Christmas!

Terminator

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2006, 05:12:36 pm »
It is funny but you might be surprised.  Had a fella come in yesterday that was set to buy a Brand X spa down the road.

When he asked the guy if this was the best spa made, the salesman replied, "Well, HotSpring's are the best, but we're the second best."  The customer was shocked to hear this and came down to see "the best".

I hope you're going to give the "brand x" salesman a referrel bonus or at least send him a fruit basket for his help.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2006, 05:15:11 pm »

I hope you're going to give the "brand x" salesman a referrel bonus or at least send him a fruit basket for his help.

Anyone that would tell a prospective customer that their competition is better than them is already a fruit basket. :)

Terminator

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2006, 05:55:56 pm »
Anyone that would tell a prospective customer that their competition is better than them is already a fruit basket. :)

Terminator

cant argue with that  ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 05:56:08 pm by socal »
Marquis dealer

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2006, 06:19:40 pm »
Anyone that would tell a prospective customer that their competition is better than them is already a fruit basket. :) Terminator

Are you suggesting that he lie?  :-X
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2006, 06:22:51 pm »
Are you suggesting that he lie?  :-X

No sir, but I'm saying that if he doesn't believe in his heart he is selling the best product, how can he be successful?  Maybe it's me but I cannot fathom trying to talk someone into spending their hard earned money on something I think is less than the best.  People that make their living doing that are, in my opinion, con artists.

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2006, 06:22:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42