What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: By-pass Filtration  (Read 74173 times)

anne

Re: By-pass Filtration
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 11:35:23 pm »

D-1, Artesian, Sundance, Coleman, Marquis, Master, Cal, Jacuzzi, LA, Caldera, Artic, and ALL others have one thing in common with Hot Springs, they all make Hot Water and the all have happy owners, and they all deliver happines, fun, enjoyment and they bring relationships closer together.

I don't care how you clean your filter, I care how I clean mine.

I don't care if you have 100% no by pass filtration, my water is clean.

I don't care if you are TP or FF, I pay my energy bills because they are mine, now you pay yours.

I don't care too much about any of you, but I do care a whole lot about the 3 new deliveries that we had today, and I am dedicated to see that they are happy and enjoy their experience for years to come.

I truely wish you all the best, but we are all different and not the same, again that is what is good about this forum.  It is controversial, it is honest and we believe it to be, it is refreshing, enlightning, educational, and some times even a waste of time.  

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you......
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 11:35:23 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:33 am »

I believe that means that none of the water is being filtered as it runs from returns to the jet pumps and back into the spa through the jets.  Am I wrong?

That is correct, as they are not part of the filtration system.  The filtration system, however, is not bypassed in any way when it is on (usually 24hrs a day).

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 09:34:19 am »
I've said it many times before and I guess I'll have to keep on saying it:

The biggest advantage to having 100% No-Bypass Filtration is that EVERY SINGLE DROP OF WATER GETS FILTERED BEFORE IT ENTERS THE SPA'S PUMP, HEATER, AND PLUMBING.  No hair, dead skin, dirt, toenails, or cheezy puffs gets sucked into the guts of your spa.

I would rather have my drinking water filtered before it goes into my stomach, heart, lungs, and digestive system.  Wouldn't you?

Does anyone want to contest that point?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

J._McD

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 12:09:34 pm »

The biggest advantage to having 100% No-Bypass Filtration is that EVERY SINGLE DROP OF WATER GETS FILTERED BEFORE IT ENTERS THE SPA'S PUMP, HEATER, AND PLUMBING.  No hair, dead skin, dirt, toenails, or cheezy puffs gets sucked into the guts of your spa.

I would rather have my drinking water filtered before it goes into my stomach, heart, lungs, and digestive system.  Wouldn't you?

Terminator

If we get into our Hot Tubs and the water is sparkling clean, crystal clear and our toe nails don't fall off, don't all spas do the same thing, suck water in and shoot it out the jets for the purpose that we bought the Hot Tub?  

I understand your belief and your understanding of your product line, but your pumps suck water through filters that somewhat "restrict or retard" the ability to suck maximum gallons per minute.  This does not make your product line better than mine or others, even if you do filter your drinking water.

This is not about contesting your point of view, for it is your point of view and the only way you see it.  That does not mean it is the only way a good Hot Tub works.  All Hot Tubs have anti-entrapment suction fittings that will not allow my toe nails to be sucked in, but then, remove your filters for cleaning and leave the pumps running, they will suck your toe nails into the guts of your spa.

I believe you have a good product line and I believe there are many other products that are "equally" good choices that consumers have made.  I understand your pont of view, you must believe in what you sell.  I believe many of my industry associates represent a respectable product that is good as well, even in the filtration process.  That makes it a consumers choice.

Actually, we are not even competitors because we sell the same concept.  Our competitors are the RV's, Boats, Big Screens, Vacations, Motorcycles etc.  Things people don't necessarily need, but yet they spend their discreationary dollars on.

tootsie

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 12:28:25 pm »

Terminator

I've been drinking unfiltered water out of the ground my whole life without any major medical problems.

but the thought of drinking water out of ANY spa made my tummy quessy.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 12:33:13 pm »
My bourbon is trippled filtered.

Nothing worse than sitting back having a tall mint julip and BAM! ....toenail!

/gotta go to classier bars.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 12:33:31 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 12:36:48 pm »
If we get into our Hot Tubs and the water is sparkling clean, crystal clear and our toe nails don't fall off, don't all spas do the same thing, suck water in and shoot it out the jets for the purpose that we bought the Hot Tub?  

I understand your belief and your understanding of your product line, but your pumps suck water through filters that somewhat "restrict or retard" the ability to suck maximum gallons per minute.  This does not make your product line better than mine or others, even if you do filter your drinking water.

This is not about contesting your point of view, for it is your point of view and the only way you see it.  That does not mean it is the only way a good Hot Tub works.  All Hot Tubs have anti-entrapment suction fittings that will not allow my toe nails to be sucked in, but then, remove your filters for cleaning and leave the pumps running, they will suck your toe nails into the guts of your spa.

I believe you have a good product line and I believe there are many other products that are "equally" good choices that consumers have made.  I understand your pont of view, you must believe in what you sell.  I believe many of my industry associates represent a respectable product that is good as well, even in the filtration process.  That makes it a consumers choice.

Actually, we are not even competitors because we sell the same concept.  Our competitors are the RV's, Boats, Big Screens, Vacations, Motorcycles etc.  Things people don't necessarily need, but yet they spend their discreationary dollars on.

Man Obi-wanMcD you said a mouthful!

If more people in the industry would just understand that we drive people to buy those things instead of a spa with our ways of selling.

You want to sell more spas then don't do an ad that says "Five person spa with waterfalls $3995" most buyers have no idea what that means.

Do an ad that says "The perfect place for family conversation, Get one on one with your loved ones"

If you confuse customers enough about the differances with spas they will eventually give up and buy a big screen!

This was the point to my rant....Who cares how you insulate your spa if it is similar to other brands in power consumption! Who cares if you have 5 filters that have the coolest name in the industry as long as both stay just as clean.

I can tell you this...I see more water quality issues from how a spa is maintained then I do from how it filters!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 12:37:07 pm »
but the thought of drinking water out of ANY spa made my tummy quessy.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 01:15:41 pm »
Well, I sure hope that HotSpring continues to be the only spa company that offers 100% No-Bypass Filtration.

I'm tickled pink that dealers selling OTHER brands don't think very highly of 100% No-Bypass Filtration.

I'm proud that most people would rather have their spa's internals protected than not.

It's a BIG reason HS has been the most popular brand of spa WITH CONSUMERS for 20 consecutive years.   :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 01:16:11 pm by East_TX_Spa »

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 01:17:07 pm »

Terminator

If you are already turning the water over around 100 times per day, why would you feel the need to stifle the main pumps by putting a filter on them?

Running the pumps through the filter is necessary if you only use a 5-10gpm pump for normal filtration.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 01:22:38 pm »

Terminator

I will.... ;D

What you're suggesting really encompasses about 5% of ownership and is more marketing than anything else.

The HUGE majority of water issues isn't lack of filtration, instead, it's watercare and the lack of knowledge associated with it. I owned a Beachcomber for years with one of the most basic filtration system (though industry standard I might add) and had great water quality. Care to contest that?

This is coming from a guy who sells a product where the filtration aspect of our product is a key proprietary feature intended to sell more hot tubs. I understand our positioning as well as yours very clearly. It's marketing my friend, not a sales pitch.

All of the above said with respect to you and your product BTW. Just telling it like it is... ;)

Steve

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 01:25:47 pm »

The HUGE majority of water issues isn't lack of filtration, instead, it's watercare and the lack of knowledge associated with it.

Steve

Agreed 100%

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 01:40:34 pm »
I have taken time from my busy schedule to draw this diagram which makes it easy as pie to understand.

And that's that. :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:12:06 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 01:42:32 pm »
Well, I sure hope that HotSpring continues to be the only spa company that offers 100% No-Bypass Filtration.

I'm tickled pink that dealers selling OTHER brands don't think very highly of 100% No-Bypass Filtration.

I'm proud that most people would rather have their spa's internals protected than not.

It's a BIG reason HS has been the most popular brand of spa WITH CONSUMERS for 20 consecutive years.   :)

Terminator

OMG  ::) Starting to sound like the wack job from CO. ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 01:44:53 pm »
I have taken time from my busy schedule to draw this diagram which makes it easy as pie to understand.

And that's that. :)

Terminator

The sryinge and sperm were my favorite.  The toe was a nice touch too.  ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 01:44:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42