What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: By-pass Filtration  (Read 74564 times)

rick

Re: By-pass Filtration
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2006, 05:35:42 pm »
So that's where my rebellion got its roots.   To have to listen to this schpleil by others day in and day out has turned me into a bit of a crusader for TP spas.  
I mean come on,  assuming that a good TP spa does indeed NOT have all of these problems, and in fact is just as energy efficient as the best FF spas,  why wouldn't everyone go to this type of design?   I mean really,  many FF'ers have made  a big point of stating, "it's cheaper to make a TP spa than a FF spa".
If that is so,  (and I haven't seen documented proof of that yet,  just like all the other bad claims on TP),  again, why not manufacture your spa in this fashion?
All I can speak for is my Coleman.   2 years old now and still no leaking,  no frame bending,  no pumps burned out from overheating, etc.  I also don't have a circulation pump that appearantly is a must have to get clean water.   Bullcrap!  My water is clear and the filtration is excellent.  Coleman was the only one at the time that had a skinny filter pad that sat on top of the skimmer to collect the first line of debris that usually gets to everybody else's main filters.   I assume more companies have adopted this technique as to me, it only makes sense to trap the crap before it even gets to the filter.
Did I mention also that Coleman was by far the quietest spa of all the ones I shopped?  
Over time,  more thanks to people like Spahappy than me,  Coleman has become a "more" accepted name here as the TP/FF war has become old.  
But then you get a guy like hymbow, who has to stir the pot with his  statement that prompted me to suggest placing circ pumps in dark places,  and the whole shooting war got started again.  
I'm sorry if I have offended alot of you,   and sorry for trading insults with Hymbow, TUO, pkud and Drewstar.  I apologize.  I regret many of my posts made in haste.   I just want to enjoy my spa like all of you,  and hope that people would just come around about other design types and spas.   I just picture new shoppers who come here for advice and when Coleman, Master,  or other TP's get shot down in flames because it's a  TP spa,  it peeves me to no end.  
So anyways,  sorry for being an ass.   I know what I like and you all know what you like.   Peace.

(damm, that Prozac I just took really does work)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2006, 05:35:42 pm »

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2006, 05:47:03 pm »
(damm, that Prozac I just took really does work)

its a wonder drug aint it??  ;D ok, bad joke. good to hear your tub has lived up to your expectaions. i am not trying to slam or degrade it. i would say the same thing to ANY tub owner.
like others have said, the BEST tub is the 1 that fits you and your needs. you have that. from what little i know about coleman spas, they seem to make a good product. i have seen a few posts from people saying how much they enjoy their coleman.
the FF/PT thing......everything has its +/-'s.
i can understand getting heated when you feel you are being bashed. lets just chalk it up to a misunderstanding and call it done with.

cool???

socal
Marquis dealer

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2006, 06:08:49 pm »
as well as their cocky attitude that yes,  even you Terminator, portrayed in this thread.

I'm sorry if I sounded cocky.  Lord knows I can't stand to listen to some goober who's all hat and no cattle.  I apologize for sounding cocky when I was simply confident, but I can understand why some folks would take it that way. :)

It's all fun and games and I appreciate you not wanting to get me with the circ pump! ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

shabba34

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »

I have, on occasion, taken exception to posts here, but that has only happened when people prove they are acting like the south end of a north bound horse.

So, rick & pkud, you might want to check your direction.  ;D
So your saying you can get a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking your head up the butchers A$$...or no wait...it's your bull...Farley ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2006, 06:51:20 pm »
Nice recovery Rick, now if you would kindly give everyone their stones back so they can be ready for the next outcast.  ;D   ;D   ;D  
Measure once, cut twice.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2006, 07:58:17 pm »
So your saying you can get a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking your head up the butchers A$$...or no wait...it's your bull...Farley ;D

Now that's funny, I'd care who ya are.  If ya don't think that's funny y'all better git outta here rat now.  ;D
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2006, 08:00:02 pm »
Now that's funny, I'd care who ya are.  If ya don't think that's funny y'all better git outta here rat now.  ;D

that was a joke???  ;D just kidding
Marquis dealer

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2006, 08:55:47 am »
Rick,

When you bash this forum, you insult every person who contributes  and participates.

TP and FF are debated here. I find the debates, when folks can offer information and practical experince,  to be very interesting.   If you feel people are personaly attacking you for you tub, then you are mistaken. Take a step back. Relax.

If you want to argue, I am all for it.  But fight fair, and inteligently, please.  Start personal attacks and I'll toss em back. I appologize for my comments.

Another internet forum has a cliche; "Argueing on the internet  is like wining the Special Olypics, You might win, but you're still retarded and no one really cares"   ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2006, 09:30:32 am »
Another internet forum has a cliche; "Argueing on the internet  is like wining the Special Olypics, You might win, but you're still retarded and no one really cares"   ;)

Now that sounds like a statement that should DEFINITELY not be repeated......my apologies for reprinting the quote.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2006, 09:34:59 am »
Now that sounds like a statement that should DEFINITELY not be repeated......my apologies for reprinting the quote.

Are you arguing with me ?  ;)

Yes, the quote is offensive, but not directed at anyone here. I will remove it if people are upset by it.
07 Caldera Geneva

anne

« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2006, 11:14:44 am »
Drewstar's comment was no more offensive than anything else threads like this dredge up, and as he said, was not directed at anyone in particular...unlike some of the more nasty comments here.

So this thread starts out as a nice debate- which HAPPENS to center around a technology that HS prides itself in. The thread was not even started by a HS dealer!!!!!  Then the nice little debate turns into an ugly feud because a few people get sensitive.

Rick- let me get this straight- you say you had a CalSpa that fell part, and since it was FF, and then you didn't like the prices a HS dealer gave you, you now have a vendetta against the company? Your insults added nothing productive to this thread, and you just came across as a childish a$$.

HS is a big company. Who cares? As a big company, they ARE going to be more visible in the market, and they are likely to have a bigger following here than some other companies. Basic statistics. OF COURSE the HS dealers are going to speak positively about their product. How could they sell something that they did not believe in? East Tx Spa says bigger is better. Nobody has to agree with him, but he's right- HS is big. Who cares?

This says it all:
" I take nothing from HS, it is a great Hot Tub and so are 20 or 30 others that do the same thing, deliver fun and enjoyment to those that use them.

D-1, Artesian, Sundance, Coleman, Marquis, Master, Cal, Jacuzzi, LA, Caldera, Artic, and ALL others have one thing in common with Hot Springs, they all make Hot Water and the all have happy owners, and they all deliver happines, fun, enjoyment and they bring relationships closer together. "

Dance like nobody's watching

salesdvl

« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2006, 11:22:53 am »
 bigger is better.

Yea, but I dont like to brag.   :P    :P   ;)   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Brookenstein

« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2006, 11:40:22 am »
bigger is better.

Yea, but I dont like to brag.   :P    :P   ;)   ;D

Hmmm, do I say something here or do I keep quiet.   ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2006, 11:53:25 am »
It's not like you to pass up a good one.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2006, 12:06:06 pm »
i said this before in another post..................

attractive lady: "a big head gets you no where"

my responce: "depends on what industry you are in!!"
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2006, 12:06:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42