What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: By-pass Filtration  (Read 74659 times)

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: By-pass Filtration
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2006, 02:32:51 pm »
I haven't seen the plumbing on one of these new tubs yet, so help me be clear.

The jet pumps no longer pull water through a filter at all?

The new, larger circ pump runs 24/7 and pulls all of it's 30 gallons per minute through the filter?

THat is correct.  The jet pumps ONLY pull water through the bottom suctions.  

Hopefully no one takes this as me bashing Hotspring spas as this is not the intention.  It was just trying to show that there are other ways of donig things.  

Like I pointed out before, there are advantages and disadvantages of how Hotsrping and Sundance do things.  

1 filter vs. many filters
reusable filter vs. throw away filters
laing pump+main pumps for filtration  vs. aquaflo circ pump

In the end, this shouldn't be what your buying decision is based on as there are people with 25sq. ft bypassed filtration that have no problems with water quality or pumps being ruined.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2006, 02:32:51 pm »

rick

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2006, 02:45:01 pm »
"Hopefully no one takes this as me bashing Hotspring spas as this is not the intention. "

This is a typical statement on this board.     It's ok to bash other brands,  but don't dare speak unkindly to the King of HotTubs.    

Sheesh!     The koolaid has been delivered and consumed.    

Can I just make a cash donation to Watkins?    They're the best.  

Do you HS owners have an alter or shrine built next to your spa to give it the proper reverence it deserves?

I'd rather drink Arujna's koolaid than this crap.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2006, 02:47:30 pm »

...Good riddance,   this board has been nothing but a biased advertisement for Watkins INc.

::)
07 Caldera Geneva

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2006, 03:03:55 pm »
"Hopefully no one takes this as me bashing Hotspring spas as this is not the intention. "

This is a typical statement on this board.     It's ok to bash other brands,  but don't dare speak unkindly to the King of HotTubs.    

Sheesh!     The koolaid has been delivered and consumed.    

Can I just make a cash donation to Watkins?    They're the best.  

Do you HS owners have an alter or shrine built next to your spa to give it the proper reverence it deserves?

I'd rather drink Arujna's koolaid than this crap.

1) I am not a Hotspring owner
2) Hotspring spas are our direct competition in our area
3) It is not my intention to bash any brands on this board.  Unfortunately, you turned it into a flame post
4) We WERE having a pretty decent conversation until you chimed in
5) I have had conversations with good ol' Jimmy (ha ha --->Jim Arjuna) before and when you get past the whole "Hotspring spas are deathtraps" rap, he has a lot of good ideas.  
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:05:21 pm by SerjicalStrike »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2006, 03:17:08 pm »

1) I am not a Hotspring owner
2) Hotspring spas are our direct competition in our area
3) It is not my intention to bash any brands on this board.  Unfortunately, you turned it into a flame post
4) We WERE having a pretty decent conversation until you chimed in

The conversation was very civil until ricks posts hit the board...Info was being exchanged with no name calling or circ pump threats

hymbaw

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2006, 04:09:04 pm »
I think rick does a good enough job showing us what kind of person he is all by himself.

I would like to know what has happened to rick to make him so hateful of HS. Me thinks there is something underlying all this vitriol.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2006, 04:15:39 pm »
He does seem to have a fixation with sticking things into other peoples rectums.   I find it all very queer, if you ask me.
07 Caldera Geneva

salesdvl

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2006, 04:18:29 pm »
Dang, I stopped looking at this thread and it turned into a good one.  There's nothing like a good old fashioned crowd stoning an outcast.   ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 04:20:26 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

hymbaw

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2006, 04:25:03 pm »
Like a $3 bill!

I imagine him sitting there in his showroom polishing his XYZ brand spas while watching the HS dealers delivery truck roll by 2-3 times a day. It would get to you after a while!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2006, 04:38:07 pm »
Let these HotSpring dealers crow.  

If someone was new here, looking for a spa,  I'm sure the cockiness of the HS dealers would only turn them to another spa.  

??? ??? ???
I'm not sure who you're referring to but I didn't detect any cockiness from anyone.

As far as personal attacks, there seems to be a completely different type of anti-HotSpring bias on here (from competing dealers and trolls) than the type that is directed towards CalSpa, Arctic, Thermo, Master, and Phoenix Premium.

The bias directed at HotSpring comes with the territory:  They are #1 in the industry in units sold and have been for 20 years now.  Nobody likes that, except the HotSpring dealers and the people who buy HotSpring Spas.  HotSpring is the biggest kid on the block so the mob likes to gang up against them.  That's fine.  It's water off a duck's back when people make derogatory statements towards what I believe and what I sell.  I AM very fortunate to be in the position I am.

But, for the love of the Almighty, don't try to get me to admit that your brand of spa is as good as what I sell.  It'll never happen.  Be proud of what you sell, sell it as best as you can, believe in your heart that you sell the greatest spa made, and don't worry about what I think or believe.  You're wasting your breath begging me to acknowledge your product.  I'm glad you think your spa is the best.  If you don't, then why sell it?

The bias directed at the other brands I mentioned seem to be more quality, service, or marketing-oriented.  Those are all legitimate reasons and I stay out of that fray and let the experts have their say.

I enjoy being on here with most of you.  There's a few bitter folks on the forum, but that's their shortcoming and of no concern to me.  I hope they start to like themselves better some day and maybe they won't feel the need to be such whiney little men.

Merry Christmas!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2006, 04:56:30 pm »
Dang, I stopped looking at this thread and it turned into a good one.  There's nothing like a good old fashioned crowd stoning an outcast.   ;)   ;D

i was thinking the same thing.

could you be so kind as to pass me 1 of those stones please?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 04:56:48 pm by socal »
Marquis dealer

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2006, 05:00:30 pm »
Okay.... you two guys behave or Brooke is going to send you to your rooms for a time out.

I am not a dealer and I own a Jacuzzi.  At no time have I ever felt left out, discriminated against or slighted by anyone on this forum.  After all, I have the same ability to brag about my spa as they do.

This forum is about helping each other, having a good time, and open discussion.  So be nice; life is short.

I have, on occasion, taken exception to posts here, but that has only happened when people prove they are acting like the south end of a north bound horse.

So, rick & pkud, you might want to check your direction.  ;D
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2006, 05:11:19 pm »
I would like to know what has happened to rick to make him so hateful of HS. Me thinks there is something underlying all this vitriol.

I wondered the same thing when he went off last week and searching back I think it started with the thread below, in particular it was a post within ithe thread made by Drifter (Apr 21st, 2005, 11:36pm) which set Rick off (I think it was the ford vs Mercedes comparison). Rick came unwound and apparently has been holding it inside until erupting again this past week.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1114115060;start=0
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:39:42 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2006, 05:22:39 pm »
spatech
i just read that link.....sounds like an implosion to me..... didnt see wht/why made it happen though. guess nobody mentioned the fact that there are people out there that like fords and hate mercedes.......oh well, to each their own.
speaking of which...its almost time for some green beer  ;D
Marquis dealer

rick

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2006, 05:35:16 pm »
"I would like to know what has happened to rick to make him so hateful of HS. Me thinks there is something underlying all this vitriol. "
I don't hate Hot Springs.  I just use them as an example of bias that runs rampant here.  
When I shopped,  I stopped at the local Energy House, (Hotsprings dealer),  and after waiting 45 minutes to even be acknowledged by their dealer,  I nearly fainted from price shock and their unwillingness to budge, as well as their cocky attitude that yes,  even you Terminator, portrayed in this thread.  
( I was a "ready to buy" shopper that day,  and they knew it too).
I also shopped Jacuzzi,  (talk about a dealer who's biggest selling point is to trash other spas),  Marquis  (whole selling point is that the company is owned by it's employees,  so what?),   D1, (another case of sticker shock),  and of course everybody's favorite, Calspa, (talk about the stereotype of a used car dealer, had to buy right now or sales price goes away).
So I was a bit disenchanted after a couple of days of this.   I had currently owned an old CalSpa (came with the house) that was falling apart at the seams,  had a leak that I could get noone,  and I mean noone, who wanted to come out and repair it.   Some tech, over the phone, suggested poking sticks in the foam to find the leak.  That was when I first opened the cabinetry of my spa and knew right then and there I would not succeed in finding this leak.  This spa was chock full of foam.  It wasn't uniform either,  it was stuffed with chunks and pieces of foam "mishmash".  
So eventually, the wood frame morphed into rotten wet wood and the leak was so bad,  I was losing a foot of water a day.  
Then I walked into a Coleman dealer and looked at his wares.  I was immediately impressed with the TP design and galvalume frame, also the assurance that my energy bill would be affected negligibly.    The price was also much more agreeably than a similarly sized HS, D1,  Marquis or Jacuzzi.   I probably could have haggled a better price, but the guy threw in all the extras and even offered to come take the CalSpa away to the trashheap.   (they had to get a big circle saw and cut it into pieces as the frame had "glued" itself to the concrete.   It took 2 guys a full day to get it out of there.
So you can see my trepidation for getting another spa whose inherent design makes it difficult to track a possible leak.   Not the case with a Coleman,  you can see and access everything easily.   Sure, theres some foam sprayed on the shell and around pipe fittings, but if a leak ever sprouted,  even I could identify it in a flash.
Then I come onto this website, to revel and share thoughts on spa ownership, only to have my spa dissed as an inferior spa compared to the biggies,  (all FF).  
My spa is not as energy efficient,  my spa will actually leak before a FF spa,  my frame is weak and not as good as pressure treated wood,  my pumps are going to burn up in all that ambient heat,  my brand is not even owned by Coleman anymore so their (MAXX)quality must obviously be worse.  You name it , it's been preached here by numerous people as to actually make a reader believe it all to be true.  

To be continued......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2006, 05:35:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42