General > Beating a dead horse

By-pass Filtration

(1/33) > >>

Hot Tub Guru:
Speaking of home shows.  I had a customer walk into my booth and say I heard by-pass filtration is the only way to go.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but there wasen't a Hot Springs dealer at our show.  So who talked about by-pass filtration.  It was Catalina and Dynasty.  Both of them said "We have no by-pass filtration."  So I looked like the fool to this customer telling her to contact the manufacture.  She said it was a manufactures rep that told her this.  Am I wrong?  Does Catalina/Dynasty both have no-bypass filtration?

Michael

East_TX_Spa:

--- Quote ---  Does Catalina/Dynasty both have no-bypass filtration?

Michael
--- End quote ---

Since they both have multiple by-pass valves in their spas, I find it highly unlikely.  Maybe they are footwell filters or safety features or self-cleaning floors.

Terminator

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote ---Speaking of home shows.  I had a customer walk into my booth and say I heard by-pass filtration is the only way to go.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but there wasen't a Hot Springs dealer at our show.  So who talked about by-pass filtration.  It was Catalina and Dynasty.  Both of them said "We have no by-pass filtration."  So I looked like the fool to this customer telling her to contact the manufacture.  She said it was a manufactures rep that told her this.  Am I wrong?  Does Catalina/Dynasty both have no-bypass filtration?

Michael
--- End quote ---

I always wonder on things like this whether it is ignorance or just flat out deception. My guess would be that the customer probably heard about no-bypass from a Hot Springs dealer somewhere and asked that sales rep if their spas had it and he/she either said yes because he thought it was the answer the customer was looking for or he had no idea what this meant and said yes because it seemed like the best answer. Which is worse?

Steve:
I agree spatech (Gawd I hate saying that  ;D ) and I'm guessing it's more to do with ignorance than anything.

Even with a self cleaning floor Term, there's still bypass at the filter on high speed.

Here's a tech question for you guys... Do you know of any spa where the intakes in the footwell allow this water to be filtered prior to exiting the jets? The way I understand it is that almost all are plumbed into the base of the filter but this doesn't allow "filtration". Is that a reasonable assumption?

Steve

hottubdan:
I have worked dozens of these shows.  Some of the "road dogs" who work these shows for various manufacturers (not really for dealers) will say and do anything for the sale.  The unscrupulous ones are only thinking of their commissions.  My observation is they do their homework and intentionally deceive.

I have had some work for me that I would never have back.

There are also professional independent salespeople who work homeshows.

I feel a home show is typically a great place for a deal and for ideas, often not a great place to buy a spa.

Unless...

it's from me. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version