General > Beating a dead horse

Are you people worth $10?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Mendocino101:
two things one....well three thanks you are right it being Missouri ...... ;)......but pool and spa search is open to all....selling at Masters shows are not ......and as to if we tell them about the ratings......YES.....we do.....we do not get into a big deal about it but simply point out that in the end its of very little value , if they want to know more we can get into but really it is something rarely mentioned by anyone and certainly not by us in promoting a spas worth .....We make a joke about consumer DIGEST with people when asked about it....As again how much does it really mean......I could go on about things but what is the point.....I just have never been able to understand why you feel the need to defend them so much.....My gripe with them always has been with these shows as they are nothing as promoted....

Bonibelle:
You guys are all giving support to the importance of this forum and everyone who contributes on here. Cappy (from many posts above), I am first trying to get a nice "booster seat" for my friend because I do really feel bad that she can not enjoy her spa.  Otherwise I would feel like I was bragging. I know, since she is about as tall as I am, my Epic would be a much nicer tub for her.
Because she bought under pressure at one of these shows, and they made her believe it was a do it now or you will never see this great price again. She didn't have the benefit of this forum, or visiting other dealers because she believed, just like I did (and was told on the phone) that this was a representation of MANY different dealers. In fact, I guess it was... Many different MS dealers. This is a classic example of why this kind of marketing is frowned upon. I think she has a nice enought tub, it is big and has plenty of jets, but it doesn't fit her, so I need to get her a booster seat so I don't feel bad, then I can show her my Epic  ;)

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote ---
what you are speaking about is things like the Good housing seal of approval ....
--- End quote ---

That's a pretty fair comparison. I've avoided jumping in  (this thread is going nowhere) but I gotta say that while the P&S ratings may be misleading they pale in comparison to the Bait and Switch operation going on at those MS shows [glb]IMO.[/glb]

windsurfdog:

--- Quote ---...(this thread is going nowhere)...
--- End quote ---

This thread and all the threads that evolve around this subject for the last 1.5 years or so have always gone nowhere.  Those who object to it--spa dealers who feel it is shady at best, unlawful at worse, or gullible customers who let themselves be drawn into buying a multi-thousand dollar appliance at the whim of "take it today or lose it forever"--should do something about it besides lip service.  If nothing can be done or if one is not willing to pursue it, it's nothing but b i t c h i n g and moaning.  FOR THE RECORD ONE LAST TIME:  As a consumer, I do not like the practice.  I do not see any laws that are broken yet it does have a "fishy smell" to it.  I do not have pity on anyone who falls into its web nor do I have any animosity toward anyone who purchases a spa at one of these events and are happy campers.  As J. McD said, it's marketing pure and simple.  Like it or not, it's here to stay unless the b i t c h i n g  stops and the action starts.

--- Quote ---...but I gotta say that while the P&S ratings may be misleading they pale in comparison to the Bait and Switch operation going on at those MS shows [glb]IMO.[/glb]
--- End quote ---

"...pale in comparison?..."  Well, if one feels "little white lies" are acceptable then maybe so.  To me, a lie is a lie is a lie.[glb]IMO.[/glb]

windsurfdog:
And thank you to Bill for putting this thread in the appropriate forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version