General > Beating a dead horse

Beating a dead horse

<< < (2/6) > >>

stl-rex:

--- Quote ---
It jumps to nickels.
--- End quote ---

Pennies was a sarcastic quote off the Marquis website.  0.80/day for the Epic at 50F with a grand total of 1 1/2 hours per week of use equates to more than pennies/day.  If these are so called govt numbers for spa energy use and they are as accurate as fuel economy estimates for cars, assume a higher cost of use, especially if you are in it more than 1 1/2 hours/week.

Tman122:

--- Quote ---Why are Hot Springs & Marquis one of the only manufacturers to state energy consumption in writing on their web sites?  I haven't seen any TP manufacturers post anything.  I know a manufacturer who had their TP tested and never released the results.   :-X  Hmmmm?  Eventually the tested truth will come out.  
--- End quote ---

Who cares!!!!

marks:
Being a consumer and not a dealer, this parallels my hot tub buying experience.  Each manufacturer has some kind of gimmick, each one claims to have this or that better than the other.  Most of it is just misinformation.  Why to some manufactures list horsepower as BHP (breakdown horse power) vs. HP.  I caught this reading about the spas but I bet it fools most consumers.  Some manufactures pay for a “Best Buy” tag from Consumers Digest magazine.  What would be nice is a review by an independent publication like Consumer Reports.

Backpains:
Ok my two cents! For those of you that are lerking and shopping for hot tubs. Remember 1 ultimate thing and your shopping experience will be a little easier.

1......ALWAYS WET TEST!!!!!!!! Wet testing gives you the feel for the tub..play with the buttons, the diverter valves and the air valves (if it's got any). This is CRUCIAL to buying a hot tub, you wouldn't buy a car without test driving right?

Other than that, take in what you want with these dealers...use this site for some ultimate questions and what to look for don't let the dealer dominate the onversation ans always ask questions when your unsure!

Hope this helps.....Happy Shopping!

hymbaw:
All I know is that when I built my house I told them to leave the walls empty.

I figured that heat will be "trapped" between the drywall and the vinyl siding.

Plus, if i need to do any repairs to my electrical, I won't have to dig through all that insulation.

Michigan winter coming, wish me luck!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version