What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beating a dead horse  (Read 19037 times)

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Beating a dead horse
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 02:38:10 pm »
He's scratchin' your leg, cappykat.  A lot of people have been doing that lately, except for me.  I'm a Southern gentleman. :)

Terminator

Apparently it's not just your leg, Cappykat; mine too, hook line and sinker!...as they say, "Two fools born a minute" ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 02:38:10 pm »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 03:35:55 pm »
He's scratchin' your leg, cappykat.  A lot of people have been doing that lately, except for me.  I'm a Southern gentleman. :)

Terminator

So what exactly have you been scratchin? ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 03:44:11 pm »
Whatever itches!

Actually, today I've been scratchin' my head wondering where the customers are.  I was swamped yesterday and today, nada!  Part of the problem was that one of my customers was beating on the door at 1:15.  I had the OPEN sign on but forgot to unlock the door. :o

Terminator

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hymbaw

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 04:21:11 pm »
Sorry Cappykat and ssbraun!

Just a sarcastic yankee poking holes in certain sales pitches.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 04:25:03 pm »

No apology needed!  That's what makes this forum not only informative, but fun!!  Anyway, I'm on the same page with ya now ;)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 04:33:44 pm »
Uh, yeah, I sell a full foam brand of spas, but in my estimation it is neither here nor there. Full foam or thermo whatever, they both work fine. Sit in and try out the spas you are interested in. Which ever one you like best is the one to buy. Consumer Reports will probably never test spas. I used to write them a letter every year(actualy just reprint the one I had saved in "my documents") requesting it. Never got a response and to date, no tests have been performed :( The reason as I understand it for not testing is not enough demand.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

hymbaw

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 04:49:26 pm »
Wisoki,

I agree, I don't think the difference should keep anyone from buying the tub they feel most comfortable with. Saving a couple of bucks a month while sitting in a tub that doesn't fit you makes no sense.

But logic would tell me the more insulation the better.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2005, 05:37:45 pm »
In my mind there are 3 types of spas relative to insulating value: Full Foam, a well insulated thermopane and a poorly insulated thermopane. The first 2 types are good choices, the 3rd is an energy pig. If you inspect the spa closely the 3rd type are pretty obvious.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 06:09:11 pm »

Of course you must mean the one that started the thread suggesting superiority of the FF method with flawed energy use reports........... ::)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 05:38:47 am »
In my mind there are 3 types of spas relative to insulating value: Full Foam, a well insulated thermopane and a poorly insulated thermopane. The first 2 types are good choices, the 3rd is an energy pig. If you inspect the spa closely the 3rd type are pretty obvious.

ST, you forgot about a 4th type and a 5th type. Alot of brands are partial foam, meaning they have foam srpayed on the shell but not all the way out to the cabinet walls. Then theres the brands that have foam sprayed on the shell and a perimeter insulation. Are these type TP or FF, I would say neither.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 11:49:30 am »

ST, you forgot about a 4th type and a 5th type. Alot of brands are partial foam, meaning they have foam srpayed on the shell but not all the way out to the cabinet walls. Then theres the brands that have foam sprayed on the shell and a perimeter insulation. Are these type TP or FF, I would say neither.

Let me rephrase:
There are 3 insulating methods in my mind: Full Foam, a well insulated non full foam and a poorly insulated non full foam. Methods 1 and 2 are capable of giving you what you want.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 11:13:51 pm »
Flawed energy use reports?  Please explain.  The average temp in the US is 55.5 degrees.  The range given is 50 - 70.  Usage is 3 times per week.  Water temp is at 102.  Please explain the "flaw".   ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 11:13:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42