General > Beating a dead horse

Cal Spas, opinions on quality vs. price?

<< < (9/9)

dino:
Crusader - perhaps you should forsake your quest and return to school and learn to read!

You will note in my original response to you that I discussed only the indoor portion of the run and therefore only that portion involved incremental cost for conduit.

Of course all outdoor portions of the run must be conduit (or other outdoor approved cable.

You still never address the issue - all you do is cut and paste from a non-cal spa manual.  Do you not agree that the necessesity to use conduit indoors (a resultant fact from the #6 ground requirement) involves considerably more labor?

rdeditor:
In 1994 I was living in Montana and bought a CalSpa against the recommendation of a friend. Within the warranty period the heater was replaced twice but I had to pay for the repair people to make the trip out. It developed several leaks and each time I had to pay for a repair person to come out. After having the spa for 5 years the heater had been replaced another time we had problems with the shell bubbling, and when we finally sold the house the spa didn't work any more and the dealer said it needed to be completely rebuild, new pump, heater, the works. I don't know the model but know of several other people in cold weather climates who have had similar experiences.
Last year my sister in law and her husband bought a Cal Spa, against my recommendation and they are starting to have problems already. They live in the mountains outside of Los Angeles and 3 times now in the year that they've had the spa they've come out in the morning for a soak and it's been cold as a dead body. Run away from Cal Spas, don't hide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version